Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

shezzannn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
FYI for anyone that just returned and got another note 7 from bb, I would be very cautious with it. I called myself and spoke with a very knowledgeable sales associate that told me that all stock that they currently have are the same phones that might spontaneously explode. He also mentioned that Samsung will be opening a site later next week that will process the recall.
They did mention that they were more than happy to exchange it for an s7 or edge.
I'll wait until next week and go through the recall process.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
FYI for anyone that just returned and got another note 7 from bb, I would be very cautious with it. I called myself and spoke with a very knowledgeable sales associate that told me that all stock that they currently have are the same phones that might spontaneously explode. He also mentioned that Samsung will be opening a site later next week that will process the recall.
They did mention that they were more than happy to exchange it for an s7 or edge.
I'll wait until next week and go through the recall process.
All stock ANYWHERE is bad stock. There is no good stock out yet.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
That's on the order of what I'm doing. What Solider 45 said to wait a week or two. I'm on AT&T so I got the text to go to AT&T, but I bought my N7 at BB on 8/19 pre-order which is why I'm also checking out this thread. I'm not sure whether I'm going to AT&T or BB to get my replacement, but I've decided to wait it out and keep using my N7 in the meantime too. It's obvious that there can't be any replacements in stock, like the post says above, ALL stock anywhere is bad stock right now- so I'm not turning my phone in "ASAP" even though the text I received last night from AT&T encouraged me to do so. I can't exchange it for a replacement ASAP when there AREN'T replacement units ready yet, so I'm not letting go of my N7 until there are.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That's on the order of what I'm doing. What Solider 45 said to wait a week or two. I'm on AT&T so I got the text to go to AT&T, but I bought my N7 at BB on 8/19 pre-order which is why I'm also checking out this thread. I'm not sure whether I'm going to AT&T or BB to get my replacement, but I've decided to wait it out and keep using my N7 in the meantime too. It's obvious that there can't be any replacements in stock so I'm not turning my phone in "ASAP" even though the text I received last night from AT&T encouraged me to do so. I can't exchange it for a replacement ASAP when there AREN'T replacement units ready yet, so I'm not letting go of my N7 until there are.
It looks like from the AT&T thread that AT&T might be willing to handle BB phones too. Not sure about other carriers.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Att store cant replace a phone purchased at Bestbuy. I had great help at ATT store, they were fantastic and a pleasure to deal with but their system knows the phone is from elsewhere and won't allow exchange.

We have 2 from the BB BOGO deal, one has a small crack near vokume rocker (heat) and best buy won't touch it. Really? Samsung says it don't matter what condition it is in so why should BB care, its going back to Samsung anyways (OR IS IT REALY GOING BACK?). If you guys can I would return the BB purchases and run to ATT store. BB is horrible customer service and handle this event like rookies. The only reason I purchased from best buy on the 21st is
they had 2 coral blue local., big mistake on my part over a dang color.

Hopefully the cracked phone don't catch fire after best buy refused to take a recalled defective phone

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Att store cant replace a phone purchased at Bestbuy. I had great help at ATT store, they were fantastic and a pleasure to deal with but their system knows the phone is from elsewhere and won't allow exchange.

We have 2 from the BB BOGO deal, one has a small crack near vokume rocker (heat) and best buy won't touch it. Really? Samsung says it don't matter what condition it is in so why should BB care, its going back to Samsung anyways (OR IS IT REALY GOING BACK?). If you guys can I would return the BB purchases and run to ATT store. BB is horrible customer service and handle this event like rookies. The only reason I purchased from best buy on the 21st is
they had 2 coral blue local., big mistake on my part over a dang color.

Hopefully the cracked phone don't catch fire after best buy refused to take a recalled defective phone
This isn't the same as the normal procedure, this is SAMSUNG. Anyone can take back a phone Samsung is pulling.

Seems AT&T is going that step to help their customers.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
It says on the link they are waiving the restocking fee I thought. Even after the 14 day return window.

The way I read it is that for exchanging to an S7/S7E/Note7 there is no restocking fee and you have until 9/30/16 to do it. You also can return for a refund until 9/30/16 with no restocking fee and get your upgrade restored. So then yeah, you would be able to upgrade again, which essentially would work out like an exchange with no restocking fee. However, they would process it differently.

So if you want a different device other than an S7/S7E/Note7, I would return for a refund with no restocking fee and get your upgrade restored. Then upgrade to the device you want.

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Are they going to stock the coral blue? I'm not returning mine to get a black or silver. Might be a little bit harder for an exchange.
I have the same question. I love my coral blue Note, and I only want to exchange if I will be getting the same color.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
They need to do a pre-order of replacement devices. Get on some type of list with the color you need. That way, when new ones come in, they can contact the owners for a replacement. So, when a replacement blue coral comes in to BB, BB contacts the person on the top of the list to come and get their phone. Someone way down on the list is going to wait a while. AND THEY SHOULDN'T BE SELLING THE NEW REPLACEMENT DEVICES TILL ALL THE OLD ONES ARE REPLACED!!! Would really tick me off if I go in to replace my device and they said, oh we just SOLD 3 coral blues today.. your out of luck till next week.

This also shouldn't be first come first served. First come first served will cause a lot of headaches for them as people will find out the delivery days and there will be a rush on the store to get a replacement device.

I think this would be the proper way of handling things.

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I just spoke with the recall 800 number listed on Best Buy's website and here is where I was directed...go to BestBuy.com and search on 'Note7'. No spaces.

It will take you to a page that gives you the following information:

If you have already purchased a Samsung Note 7 from Best Buy and do not feel comfortable using it, you have a few options:
1. Exchange current Galaxy Note 7 device with a new Galaxy Note 7 (when product becomes available).
2. Exchange current Galaxy Note 7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note 7-specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.
3. Return your Note 7 and receive a full refund.

As a gesture of appreciation, you will receive a $25 bill credit from your carrier when choosing a Galaxy S7 family device or the Galaxy Note7 within the exchange program. Bill credit could take 2 to 3 billing cycles before appearing on your statement.

I entered my email address where it asks and will wait for the new, replacement Note 7.

BTW - the customer service rep I spoke with (Stephanie) couldn't have been nicer.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The way I read it is that for exchanging to an S7/S7E/Note7 there is no restocking fee and you have until 9/30/16 to do it. You also can return for a refund until 9/30/16 with no restocking fee and get your upgrade restored. So then yeah, you would be able to upgrade again, which essentially would work out like an exchange with no restocking fee. However, they would process it differently.

So if you want a different device other than an S7/S7E/Note7, I would return for a refund with no restocking fee and get your upgrade restored. Then upgrade to the device you want.
Where did you get 9/30/16. That is not mentioned anywhere in the BB exchange announcement. Also, BB is implying it may take more than 4 weeks for replacement stock to show up which takes you past 9/30.

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
The concept of a restocking fee was never appropriate in this situation. It's not like the item is going back into stock. Thus no restocking.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
The concept of a restocking fee was never appropriate in this situation. It's not like the item is going back into stock. Thus no restocking.
Let alone the fact that Best Buy removed their restocking fee years ago unless its a special order item. Any store that charges one is doing so against corporate policy.

Speak2mlv

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
We have been at bestbuy for 3 hrs. They will not honor the recall and issue a temporary phone. Beware that they started to swap to an s7 but would not swap back to a new note 7 when the come out. I have learned my lesson from purchasing a cell phone fro. Best buy and will now purchase only diligently from att.

Complain about Best Buy not handling the recall, telling people that they won't take the phone back and we have to deal with Samsung directly, that's what this thread has been about.???
Complain about Sprint not swapping because it was bought at Best Buy but is on their network, why not allow their customers to swap in their corporate stores, Samsung will cover the cost.
Didn't know I had to completely explain my suggestion, it was on topic.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
We have been at bestbuy for 3 hrs. They will not honor the recall and issue a temporary phone. Beware that they started to swap to an s7 but would not swap back to a new note 7 when the come out. I have learned my lesson from purchasing a cell phone fro. Best buy and will now purchase only diligently from att.
They may want to search their own website about this. Their corporate office put up a statement.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
They may want to search their own website about this. Their corporate office put up a statement.
They arent doing what carriers are. They will allow you to change to another s7 device but arent allowing exchanges for new notes as they come in. Once you choose another s7 line thats it and your stuck. It doesnt say on their release anything about exchanging for another s7 then back to a note.

They are super shady with stuff like this and each store likes to make their own rules.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
They arent doing what carriers are. They will allow you to change to another s7 device but arent allowing exchanges for new notes as they come in. Once you choose another s7 line thats it and your stuck. It doesnt say on their release anything about exchanging for another s7 then back to a note.

They are super shady with stuff like this and each store likes to make their own rules.
There is a link on here to their statement.. Don't feel like searching now.. I thought it was the same wording about the S7.

Stupid for them not to do it, Samsung is eating the costs.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
There is a link on here to their statement.. Don't feel like searching now.. I thought it was the same wording about the S7.

Stupid for them not to do it, Samsung is eating the costs.
Back one page, post 90. They left out the part about upgrades once new stock came in. Shady company that couldnt care less about its customers. Some employees do but when you get into the corporate side they will toss you under a bus in an instant.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Back one page, post 90. They left out the part about upgrades once new stock came in. Shady company that couldnt care less about its customers. Some employees do but when you get into the corporate side they will toss you under a bus in an instant.

That is bad.

Seems AT&T is letting people trade their BB ones at the store.

Well maybe this will make people stop using Best Buy. Deals are nice, but the cost isn't the only factor in a deal. This right here is a perfect example.