Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
That is bad.

Seems AT&T is letting people trade their BB ones at the store.

Well maybe this will make people stop using Best Buy. Deals are nice, but the cost isn't the only factor in a deal. This right here is a perfect example.
I agree, I'll never buy another thing at Best Buy. I will wait for the 2 week timetable Samsung has put out there and if I can't have the issue dealt with then I'll blast BB on Samsung's social media, no need to get worked up now there isn't any replacements available.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Back one page, post 90. They left out the part about upgrades once new stock came in. Shady company that couldnt care less about its customers. Some employees do but when you get into the corporate side they will toss you under a bus in an instant.
I noticed that too. They (BB) are doing exactly what their statement says. The S7s are not loaners but traded at cost with the delta being refunded to you and the deal is the done. That is why I will wait for new Note 7 stock and then deal with BB at that time. Otherwise, if BB does not play ball will work with Sprint or Samsung directly. What a freakin mess! Too many players not on the same page (manufacturer, carriers, and sellers). And there is absolutely no excuse for it either since Samsung is ultimately footing the bill. Ridiculous. Maybe they will eventually sync up, but I am not hopeful.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Samsung will eventually have to handle exchanges directly but when that happens is a mystery. The website says they will but when you call and try and handle it they will tell you to go where you bought it and refuse to change that stance.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that too. They (BB) are doing exactly what their statement says. The S7s are not loaners but traded at cost with the delta being refunded to you and the deal is the done. That is why I will wait for new Note 7 stock and then deal with BB at that time. Otherwise, if BB does not play ball will work with Sprint or Samsung directly. What a freakin mess, too many players not on the same page (manufacturer, carrier, and seller). There ia absolutely no excuse for it either dince Samdung is ultimately footing the bill. Ridiculous. Maybe they will eventually sync up, but I am not hopeful.
What carriers are doing is extending the return time on the S7's also.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
What carriers are doing is extending the return time on the S7's also.
Yep that is what I am counting on plus banking on Samsung's position that the actual safety risk in the meantime is small. If the latter position changes and forces me to surrender my phone for safety reasons before new stock is available, Samsung may lose a customer. I think the only thing I will not do with the Note is put it in the VR headset. I think that is pushing things too close to the edge. Lol

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yep that is what I am counting on plus banking on Samsung's position that the actual safety risk in the meantime is small. If the latter position changes and forces me to surrender my phone for safety reasons before new stock is available, Samsung may lose a customer. I think the only thing I will not do with the Note is put it in the VR headset. I think that is pushing things too close to the edge. Lol

Let me just tell you this.. You know I'm a Samsung only phone person. I'm also very upset with Samsung for other things.

This is my personal belief, by their actions alone.. The danger is more than we have been told.

Oh no, I would never put this Note in the VR for sure. An exploding phone at your eyes like that? NOPE!

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I am being cautious and trying not to put the phone in a bad thermal situation. Using samsung charger, etc. But it has been running just fine since I got it on launch day.

Shawn0813

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I went to my local best buy today and was urged to keep my phone. The manager told me if I returned my phone now it would be longer before I could get the new batch. I asked why and he said because you will then be a new customer. I have always shopped at best buy but after this I'll will find another place to shop.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I went to my local best buy today and was urged to keep my phone. The manager told me if I returned my phone now it would be longer before I could get the new batch. I asked why and he said because you will then be a new customer. I have always shopped at best buy but after this I'll will find another place to shop.
Who is your carrier? You also need to report this to Samsung, high up.

There are contracts that sellers have with Samsung.

On fact, I also suggest you contact CNN, let CNN question Best Buy if you want action.

johnbody

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
The amount of self entitlement in this thread... You can't be mad at Best Buy for a recall on a Samsung phone. If Best Buy is having problems exchanging them or not giving you guys enough info ,it's not Best Buy its Samsung not clearly telling Best Buy what to do

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The amount of self entitlement in this thread... You can't be mad at Best Buy for a recall on a Samsung phone. If Best Buy is having problems exchanging them or not giving you guys enough info ,it's not Best Buy its Samsung not clearly telling Best Buy what to do
Best Buy isn't doing what Samsung said.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Wrong, samsung told best buy to return them and offer a different s7. Best buy is doing the bare minimum to appease the recall. It would cost them nothing to do what the carriers are and offer a way back into a note 7. Best buy is also making up rules store by store instead of following the policy in place.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
If you want to return now, you will get a refund. By default, that makes you a new customer when new stock rolls in. If you keep it, no refund, so you get the exchange which is priority before new sales start again.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
It is going to depend on the store sometimes. All aren't corporate stores. You might have to call AT&T get it approved and let them inform the store.

I took my two BB purchased notes to a corp ATT store with experienced reps bending over backwards wanting to help me........ but, . When they put in my numbers from my phone it was flagged in red writting, their computers system made it impossible to exchange. And BB employees are the most unprofessional rude pricks out there. Never again will I buy phones from there.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I took my two BB purchased notes to a corp ATT store with experienced reps bending over backwards wanting to help me........ but, . When they put in my numbers from my phone it was flagged in red writting, their computers system made it impossible to exchange. And BB employees are the most unprofessional rude pricks out there. Never again will I buy phones from there.
That doesn't even make sense, because if you do a warranty exchange, it is done through AT&T.

Now if you were trying to get a refund, yeah I could see that. When it comes to exchanging them, they should be able to do that, they could for warranty exchange.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I am sure that is true. They are going to accommodate those who keep their phones faster to get the defective batteries out of circulation.

However, if you are within the 14 day return period, I would return and get your upgrade restored. Then wait for a promo - I am sure they are going to have a promo to sell these Note7's after all of this bad publicity.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
We have been at bestbuy for 3 hrs. They will not honor the recall and issue a temporary phone. Beware that they started to swap to an s7 but would not swap back to a new note 7 when the come out. I have learned my lesson from purchasing a cell phone fro. Best buy and will now purchase only diligently from att.

They do not do temporary phones...they dont even mention anything about temporary phones.

You can either hold out and exchange for a new note 7 when they become available OR exchange for a S7, S7 Edge or get a refund and have your upgrade reinstated....nowhere does it states they will give u a loaner phone.

They will also exchange your Note 7 if it is water damaged and or cracked screen.

If you having issues...I advise you to have the person you're dealing with, contact their store manager and /or check their work emailsor do both.

Last edited:

Kevin Lauterwasser

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Here is a link from the Best Buy website.

Galaxy Note7 Information - Best Buy

It specifically says:
Q: The Best Buy product exchange period for cell phones is 14 days after purchase. What if I've had my Note7 for longer than 14 days?
A: Currently Best Buy will accept all returns or exchanges for the Note7 even if it is beyond the standard 14-day return period.

You can get the exchange for another phone, or if you purchased the phone as an upgrade you can get your money back and they will reset your account as if you did not get an upgrade and wave all of the fees.

Print the web page if they give you any trouble. This is not a store by store option. They must do it.