Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Time to eat some crap for breakfast. I was informed that Best Buy mobile has indeed implemented a $35 restocking fee again as of August 15th. Apparently the stores in my area have chosen not to implement it and thats why I havent been charged one. So I apologize, clearly I was wrong.

It's all good.

In our situation with the Note7 we don't have to worry about it.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Time to eat some crap for breakfast. I was informed that Best Buy mobile has indeed implemented a $35 restocking fee again as of August 15th. Apparently the stores in my area have chosen not to implement it and thats why I havent been charged one. So I apologize, clearly I was wrong.
It's obvious that in your posts you have merely tried to put out the most accurate first hand info you had plus some insider gouge that I have found to be useful so I applaud you for that and for setting the record straight re the restocking fee. Thanks.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

If you can go to a Carrier Store and they are not charging a Restocking fee when Best Buy seems to be.
Why would you not want to go to a carrier store than to go to Best Buy?
Best Buy was a great place to get the phone, and free accessories without having to wait on them.
I bought my phone at Best Buy, But I got the email from At&t whom is my carrier, stating that there was a recall.
As of yesterday afternoon, Even At&t corporate store DON'T EVEN KNOW when they are gonna have replacement phones.
Its too soon in the Ball Game.
The Blind leading the BLIND
And the consumer is calling out the Wazoo wanting to know what to do.
Its got to be a hard time for Samsung to make millions of phones to fill the orders in the time that the are suppose to do it.
Don't know how they can make that many phones so fast either.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
If you can go to a Carrier Store and they are not charging a Restocking fee when Best Buy seems to be.
Why would you not want to go to a carrier store than to go to Best Buy?
Best Buy was a great place to get the phone, and free accessories without having to wait on them.
I bought my phone at Best Buy, But I got the email from At&t whom is my carrier, stating that there was a recall.
As of yesterday afternoon, Even At&t corporate store DON'T EVEN KNOW when they are gonna have replacement phones.
Its too soon in the Ball Game.
The Blind leading the BLIND
And the consumer is calling out the Wazoo wanting to know what to do.
Its got to be a hard time for Samsung to make millions of phones to fill the orders in the time that the are suppose to do it.
Don't know how they can make that many phones so fast either.
Im on a business account so I have to go to a corporate store. I only deal with best buy for personal phones.

As for how they can make so many phones so fast, Apple produces 500,000 a day. Im sure Samsung is pretty close to that number which means 5 days to replace all the bad phones.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Was a lot of the Samsung phones not make in Korea.
And is Apple phones not made entirely in China.

Might have different operations setup.
And that could be a huge difference.

And some of the Phones are now being made in Vietnam too.

Samsung Shifts Plants From China to Protect Margins - Bloomberg

But Still 500,000 phones in a Day is unreal for me to even think about.

Its a ton of phones in a day but hopefully Samsung is close to that number so we can all get our new phones quickly. Im sitting here trying to not go out and buy another Nexus 5x, Honor 8 or Axon 7 to hold me over. Ive been using my Active and I honestly hate it so its up for sale.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm still charging my Note 7 just like I have done since I got it.
And still using it just like I have from Day one.
I just don't charge it now and walk off and leave it.
If I do I lay it in a Cast Iron Skillet on the Stove for safety reasons.

But I refuse to run scared because of about 35 phones catching fire out of millions sold.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm still charging my Note 7 just like I have done since I got it.
And still using it just like I have from Day one.
I just don't charge it now and walk off and leave it.
If I do I lay it in a Cast Iron Skillet on the Stove for safety reasons.

But I refuse to run scared because of about 35 phones catching fire out of millions sold.

I had to return mine. The LCD crapped out the day of the recall otherwise I would still have it. I didnt think Id be bothered turning it back in but I actually miss the phone. I just got my supcase too and only got to use it for a day.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The thing about this recall.. This just highlights a problem that has always been there with Best Buy. It is like each Best Buy is their own little country with their own laws.

It is why I rarely buy anything from Best Buy anymore. There are some deals I will go get if they are really good deals, but it has been since the Note 4 came out that I have spent a single dime at Best Buy.

The cheapest price isn't always the best deal. If you have a problem and have to fight to get it resolved, sometimes that $100 you saved isn't worth it.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The thing about this recall.. This just highlights a problem that has always been there with Best Buy. It is like each Best Buy is their own little country with their own laws.

It is why I rarely buy anything from Best Buy anymore. There are some deals I will go get if they are really good deals, but it has been since the Note 4 came out that I have spent a single dime at Best Buy.

The cheapest price isn't always the best deal. If you have a problem and have to fight to get it resolved, sometimes that $100 you saved isn't worth it.

And some call them Worst Buy. :)

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I had to return mine. The LCD crapped out the day of the recall otherwise I would still have it. I didnt think Id be bothered turning it back in but I actually miss the phone. I just got my supcase too and only got to use it for a day.
I'm in the same boat.. using this s7e for a few days right after coming from the N7 only solidifies my decision to get the N7 as soon as they are back in stock.

The s7e is nice but there are several things I'm missing already (albeit minor). Just merely holding the s7e is uncomfortable when compared to the N7... add to this all the tweaks to the UI were also quite noticeable ...

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, it seriously highlights a problem with Best Buy.

This is my first time buying a smart phone from Best Buy and this will be my last especially with how they are handling this recall situation. I won't say I'll never shop there cause sometimes deals do come about that's hard to pass up.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it seriously highlights a problem with Best Buy.

This is my first time buying a smart phone from Best Buy and this will be my last especially with how they are handling this recall situation. I won't say I'll never shop there cause sometimes deals do come about that's hard to pass up.
The phone department seems to be the worst.

Once I won a TV and it had an issue, Best Buy let me return it to them and even let me pay about $75 to upgrade my exchange to a larger size.

But cell phones.. I've bought two, won't ever do that again.

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have never had any problem returning anything at Best Buy. I will find out how the exchange will go in a couple weeks. I was going to just keep my 2 Note 7's but decided to exchange if I can get 2 new blue ones like we have now. If not I will just keep them. Living life on the edge. I have to admit this is a pain. Took a while to get the phone like I wanted! Oh well, Life sucks sometimes and this is one of them.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
imo the only good reason to buy Phones at Best Buy is only the protection plan well the accidental one otherwise your carrier sometime easier to deal with since you have to deal with them regardless.... I will still buy from Best Buy as things like this dont bother me really... not to mention I bought my Phone with Gift cards so im stuck anyway lol...

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site
imo the only good reason to buy Phones at Best Buy is only the protection plan well the accidental one otherwise your carrier sometime easier to deal with since you have to deal with them regardless.... I will still buy from Best Buy as things like this dont bother me really... not to mention I bought my Phone with Gift cards so im stuck anyway lol...

The reason I preordered from Best Buy was getting the 256 GB SD Card with the phone, no getting it in the mail. Using the SD Card in the Note 7 is pain with the sim card in same slot. Hard as anything to get back in without the sim card moving. I transfer files now thru USB, never take it out.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
In the Q & A section they clearly state the restocking fee is waived for the Note 7, in case anyone was charged.
Galaxy Note7 Information - Best Buy

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have never had any problem returning anything at Best Buy. I will find out how the exchange will go in a couple weeks. I was going to just keep my 2 Note 7's but decided to exchange if I can get 2 new blue ones like we have now. If not I will just keep them. Living life on the edge. I have to admit this is a pain. Took a while to get the phone like I wanted! Oh well, Life sucks sometimes and this is one of them.
See that is the issue.. I have about 5 Best Buys in my city, depending on which one I go into on which day, my experience can be worlds apart.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
In the Q & A section they clearly state the restocking fee is waived for the Note 7, in case anyone was charged.

Yes. But he was just speaking in general of the Restocking Fee... although this recall is an exception.

But Best Buy has now implemented this policy.