Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

blueGN7

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
After being told 9-2 by BBY that I must have Samsung handle exchange N7 -N7 & BBY would only do refund or switch to another phone & then Samsung, same day, say they probably will do mail exchange, I ck wi Samsung 9-5 & they say go to BBY. Today I call Verizon to ask if they will be involved IF I purchased @ BBY, basically...no. I call BBY again & long holds & I get arrogant, condescending employee! I explain wanted to know how do N7-N7 ex ch per recall. He’s pontificating on how it is not a recall & phones are not exploding & it is only 35 & not in the USA & he’s reciting a prepared script. I cut him off “So, are you telling me to do nothing & keep my Note 7 & everything is fine?! “No.” … I made him tell me what to do. Finally, he admitted: Sign up @ BBY website with email & they will contact me when new Note 7s are in & can ex ch.
Luckily, I read this forum & had signed up last night.

I wonder when we’ll get any written info on exactly how this will happen, will we be turned away if we we fail to bring back every single item that was in the box? Including box, adapters, charging cable, etc?

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
If you do a Note7 for a Note 7 exchange all you really need to do is bring the phone and the box"optional in some places" as all they will do is take the phone and give you the other phone while leaving everything else in the other box that being recall. This is for Best Buy shopper but everyone experiences might varies.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
IF BB is not in line with the exchange program and refuse to take a damage phone or deny any other thing outlined by Samsung. Ask for manager, get the employee name and number then call Samsung and relay the info. Samsung will then get a hold of them and set them straight. What Samsung told me when best buy refused to take my cracked screen. I am all set new, Samsung has been great!

Cliff W

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Where do you go to sign up when it in stock I can't find it? And only good thing is I dropped my phone once and scratched the screen and dents on the metal.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I wonder when we’ll get any written info on exactly how this will happen, will we be turned away if we we fail to bring back every single item that was in the box? Including box, adapters, charging cable, etc?

The last rep I spoke with said while you don't have to have the actual box when you do the return/exchange, they still want everything else that came with it, or its a $15 charge per missing item. Yet another reason I hate having to deal with best buy.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
The last rep I spoke with said while you don't have to have the actual box when you do the return/exchange, they still want everything else that came with it, or its a $15 charge per missing item. Yet another reason I hate having to deal with best buy.

Posted via the Android Central App

I see people taking out the charger since those cost more than 15$... lol but wow how different Best Buy handles the returns. I can understand they want everything so they can cover their behind if Samsung say something.

ZyanyaMJ

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Although I purchased the phone at BBY, I wanted a loaner interim device per AT&T policy of handling the recall. BBY refused but tried to come up with solutions for me but I was unsatisfied. I spent two hours on the phone at an at&t company store since the manager there refused to assist me. The customer service rep outlined the policy for him but he still maintained that I return to BBY.

I returned BBY as the customer service rep notated my account to allow them to honor the recall per at&t policy but BBY refused stating again that i only had the options listed on their site without the option of an interim device.

Yesterday I chatted with at&t customer service online and that rep assured me that I can go to a corporate AT&T store and have my recall exchanged through them. I tried another store and about three hours later, I have a shiny new Galaxy S7 Edge to use while I wait for the new batch of Note7s to ship. When they arrive, I'll just return the loaner device and exchange it for my Note7.

Although it took some persistence on my part, ultimately your carrier will go to bat for you despite purchasing at BBY. At least with AT&T anyway.

Good luck to you all!

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Although I purchased the phone at BBY, I wanted a loaner interim device per AT&T policy of handling the recall. BBY refused but tried to come up with solutions for me but I was unsatisfied. I spent two hours on the phone at an at&t company store since the manager there refused to assist me. The customer service rep outlined the policy for him but he still maintained that I return to BBY.

I returned BBY as the customer service rep notated my account to allow them to honor the recall per at&t policy but BBY refused stating again that i only had the options listed on their site without the option of an interim device.

Yesterday I chatted with at&t customer service online and that rep assured me that I can go to a corporate AT&T store and have my recall exchanged through them. I tried another store and about three hours later, I have a shiny new Galaxy S7 Edge to use while I wait for the new batch of Note7s to ship. When they arrive, I'll just return the loaner device and exchange it for my Note7.

Although it took some persistence on my part, ultimately your carrier will go to bat for you despite purchasing at BBY. At least with AT&T anyway.

Good luck to you all!

Did they note your account so you had no issue when you visited the store? I tried this and was unsuccessful.

ZyanyaMJ

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Did they note your account so you had no issue when you visited the store? I tried this and was unsuccessful.

They may have but a call was made by the customer service rep to the company store so they were aware of my situation. It did require several transactions but they (AT&T company store) were patient and willing to help me out. It seems some stores are better informed than others on handling this situation. You may want to try another store. They processed my exchange as a "return without receipt."

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Interesting - did you go to an ATT *corporate* store or just an ATT reseller???

There's a difference... ATT corporate did the same for me previously - no questions asked and didn't need the BBY paperwork at all.

ZyanyaMJ

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Interesting - did you go to an ATT *corporate* store or just an ATT reseller???

There's a difference... ATT corporate did the same for me previously - no questions asked and didn't need the BBY paperwork at all.

Even some corporate stores are not complying. I had to go to a second corporate store as the first one was unwilling to assist me. FYI.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Samsung it would be a great time to release the unlocked Note7!! I dont want the verizon crapware on MY phone!!

lunchbox88

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

Good luck to you all!

This was the exact opposite of my experience. The ATT corporate store I went to said they couldn't do anything for me because I bought it at BBY. I called customer care, and was told that I could do the return at the corporate store. Went back in, told them what customer care said, they treated me like garbage, called customer care themselves (to "tell them to stop giving out bad information"). Customer care told them that I had to return to BBY. The store then told me that "no one was forcing" me to be a customer. Absolute worst customer service experience I've ever had. No one knew what was going on; not the store (who was extremely rude about it), and not customer care (although they were nice about it).

Went to BBY. They processed the return, gave me an S7 Edge as an interim device, and worked really hard to make sure I left happy. It was the salesperson's first time processing one of these returns, and she really went above and beyond in my opinion.

We'll be leaving ATT after this. I have 14 days to return this S7E, and VZW will give us credit for my wife's iPhone 6s. I want the Note 7, and my wife wants the iPhone 7, so I just have to figure out timing.

ZyanyaMJ

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
This was the exact opposite of my experience. The ATT corporate store I went to said they couldn't do anything for me because I bought it at BBY. I called customer care, and was told that I could do the return at the corporate store. Went back in, told them what customer care said, they treated me like garbage, called customer care themselves (to "tell them to stop giving out bad information"). Customer care told them that I had to return to BBY. The store then told me that "no one was forcing" me to be a customer. Absolute worst customer service experience I've ever had. No one knew what was going on; not the store (who was extremely rude about it), and not customer care (although they were nice about it).

Went to BBY. They processed the return, gave me an S7 Edge as an interim device, and worked really hard to make sure I left happy. It was the salesperson's first time processing one of these returns, and she really went above and beyond in my opinion.

We'll be leaving ATT after this. I have 14 days to return this S7E, and VZW will give us credit for my wife's iPhone 6s. I want the Note 7, and my wife wants the iPhone 7, so I just have to figure out timing.

Some stores were rude about it like I said. Hopefully BBY actually gives you the 14 day window because I was told you don't get to reverse the upgrade once you swap the note 7 for another Samsung galaxy device. That's why i refused to complete the transaction at BBY and went to as many ATT stores necessary to resolve the issue. I still think in the end that ATT took care of me even though I had to do a lot of the work myself. I know Verizon is probably the least generous when it comes to customer service of the big four carriers. Just mull over your decision wisely. If you were going to switch carriers, why didn't you just do a full refund? No judgment, just curious...

sharingunneji

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Just had a rather pleasant experience with Best Buy regarding this(picking up the phone was not so much). Got a full refund and only traded in my phone. Got to keep all accessories - Never asked for them.

Shawn0813

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Just had a rather pleasant experience with Best Buy regarding this(picking up the phone was not so much). Got a full refund and only traded in my phone. Got to keep all accessories - Never asked for them.

I'm glad someone has. Every time I have asked for a refund I get told no. I am still within my 14 days so I have no clue what the issue is.

Last edited:

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Really annoying that this confusion is still going on. Both Samsung and att have confirmed that third party purchase exchanges can and should be handled by the carrier. Yet the corporate stores are not complying. How is this possible? I bought at target and have been told to deal with att. My blood is already boiling just thinking about how awful this is going to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos