Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You read Samsung USA said they should start shipping some point this week, maybe next. They did an updated statement, can't remember what day they did it.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
You read Samsung USA said they should start shipping some point this week, maybe next. They did an updated statement, can't remember what day they did it.

Samsung told me seven to ten business days today which they funnily consider next week. Not sure what math they are using....

michnow

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
This "the carrier shouldn't provide a loaner phone." is a really dumb thing to say. Nobody is saying the carrier is obligated, but to say AT&T shouldn't is stupid. If AT&T chooses to provide a loaner, what is the problem?

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
On a side note. Stopped into my best buy to ask about the recall and was told "it's not a recall, it's just a withdraw Samsung is doing. There's nothing really wrong with the phones, Samsung is just taking a cautious step by offering a refund"
That quite funny.... My return receipt say RECALL DO NOT SELL!

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Global hasn't said that. Samsung divisions around the world have been giving incorrect info just like carriers.

Beginning to wonder if Samsung is rope a doping all of us. They have a real nightmare on their hands if everyone starts returning these on the eve of the iPhone preorder. It's in their interest to string us along. Samsung USA today said "next week you will have a new phone."

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
For some strange reason, I'm thinking that this Note 7 issue is going to turn out to be bigger than what we think.

If we start to receive our replacements next week, great. But I'll prepare myself for the worst case scenario until I hear otherwise.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
For some strange reason, I'm thinking that this Note 7 issue is going to turn out to be bigger than what we think.

If we start to receive our replacements next week, great. But I'll prepare myself for the worst case scenario until I hear otherwise.
I was hoping by now we at least have a real ETA on the phones.........Were still in the dark and so are the carriers it seems

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Beginning to wonder if Samsung is rope a doping all of us. They have a real nightmare on their hands if everyone starts returning these on the eve of the iPhone preorder. It's in their interest to string us along. Samsung USA today said "next week you will have a new phone."
For what purpose?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Taken my Truck to be serviced.
They have never given me a loaner.
If you need a loaner car. You rent one.

The Carriers are the ones that has the contract on the phones.
People like Best Buy just make the money when the phone is sold.
After that its the carrier.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Looks like we got a bunch of very impatient people waiting on the new Note 7 to be made and distributed.

Don't think the battery mfg that would make the new batteries had that many of they laying around.
Think they had to get on the stick too.
For me I can wait.
I'm not scared to use the Note 7.
I can Be patient to hold on.
I believe the 2nd time around it will be better.
And it won't be long before Nougat is out.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Looks like we got a bunch of very impatient people waiting on the new Note 7 to be made and distributed.

Don't think the battery mfg that would make the new batteries had that many of they laying around.
Think they had to get on the stick too.
For me I can wait.
I'm not scared to use the Note 7.
I can Be patient to hold on.
I believe the 2nd time around it will be better.
And it won't be long before Nougat is out.
Most of us can wait. All we ask for is some type of an update. I don't think we're impatient for that. To be honest, I don't think that's too much ask for.

I don't mind using my Note 7 as well. However for me to say that I'm 100% not worried, I'd be lying. I'm not saying I'm 100% worried either. What I'm saying is that even though i still use my Note 7, I keep a close eye on it while its charging and I would think you do as well.

You're talking about Nougat being out soon. I would really like to believe that. But we're also talking a carrier branded device and a Samsung device at that....if I stand correctly that equals ..slow updates 😧

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
But we're also talking a carrier branded device and a Samsung device at that....if I stand correctly that equals ..slow updates

Setting aside it's a carrier branded and Samsung device... this recall fiasco is going to major setback for the Nougat update.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, 8/19, was a preorder. The rep told me there was a restocking fee, I told him about the recall and he said it didn't matter. So I said whatever I'll dispute the fee later. When he processed the return it didn't put in the restocking fee, so he tried to add it, then asked for help adding it, then was finally told by the other rep the system was waiving fees because of the recall.
Why BB suggs sometimes. What moron would try to charge someone for all this trouble the BUYER is going through? One in a blue shirt that's who.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I usually charge mine overnight. Not the quick charge. One night it ended up under my blanket. When I awoke in the morning I found it. To my surprise when I went to press the power button to wake up the phone, I got a message across the screen "charging stopped due to overheating." I did not even think about it other than say to myself, ok cool, I will charge it now. Then next day the announcement. That makes me feel like I might have a trouble free one since it stopped charging on it's own.Or...maybe not?

blueGN7

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
So, as of now, no BBY customer who signed up on the web list, had heard anything?
Not even an estimate or how this will will work? call for appt, bring in your phone & accessories & box? or just a mob rushing the store counter with long wait times. Some people turn in just a phone & get new box with new phone & all accessories. Others bring in box with every accessory & get handed phone in box missing some accessories.

It would be nice to receive some written procedure.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I went to my BB yesterday to see how the process would work. The samsung reps said bring in the phone and they will exchange it or return for full refund. No hassles. They are supposed to be getting 200 new phones by this saturday. There wouldn't be any process. First come first serve. Yikes.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I went to my BB yesterday to see how the process would work. The samsung reps said bring in the phone and they will exchange it or return for full refund. No hassles. They are supposed to be getting 200 new phones by this saturday. There wouldn't be any process. First come first serve. Yikes.
If it like that I might still be able to get mine since on release day there wasnt much of a line but I don't know about others. That being said... should I get it right a way or wait to see if there any report about the phone for first week

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
If it like that I might still be able to get mine since on release day there wasnt much of a line but I don't know about others. That being said... should I get it right a way or wait to see if there any report about the phone for first week

I would get the phone. Worst case scenario, if it happens again move to another product completely.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams