Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
The more I think about it the more I bet once the government formalizes the recall the return policy will be extended to be many months long.
ATT just updated their exchange program page and says we now have the option to get any other smartphone we want......... Looks like their thinking long term now...

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
ATT just updated their exchange program page and says we now have the option to get any other smartphone we want[.] Looks like [they're] thinking long term now[.]
That's been AT&T's policy all along for the recall. I exchanged for an interim S7 Edge last Sunday. I downloaded their policy-page at the time in case it was needed for later reference.

Voxelflinger

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I went to AT&T to verify I needed to go to Best Buy for the exchange. I was told because the phone is in there system.

Got Best Buy and I was asked what would I like to do. I said I wanted to exchange the phone and my phone was working great. He said perfect. I would have to order a new Note 7 in the color I wanted with no money down because of the exchange. I needed two of them. He printed out the receipts and within a few seconds got the email confirmation.

I asked about the timeline and he said sometime in October. Just bring back my phones and do the exchange when I get the email.

I then stopped by the Samsung booth and the rep remember me from my very long initial purchase of the Notes. He is the one who gave me the Samsung swag for staying in the store for hours over two days.

Anyway we went over the phone and some of the new features I like and why I missed the IR blaster. He said the replacement phones should get some software updates before they are shipped out. Improvements based on the initial users. Overall I am pleased with the experience.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Question,

I bought my 7 on Verizon payment plan. My first payment is actually due on the 18th. If I return the phone after the 18th, do I get my payment back as well? And activation fees?

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm on Sprint and they won't take back the phone, or have anything to do with me since I bought the phone at Best Buy. Best Buy says I can return phone or get a S7 Edge but no loaner or no extended return policy past the 14 days. Guess I'll have to hold onto my phone until the new ones come in as I do not have a backup phone.

ryan43220

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Well I'm on Sprint and they won't take back the phone, or have anything to do with me since I bought the phone at Best Buy. Best Buy says I can return phone or get a S7 Edge but no loaner or no extended return policy past the 14 days. Guess I'll have to hold onto my phone until the new ones come in as I do not have a backup phone.
This came from Best Buy yesterday by email. Says we have until 9/30 with no restocking fees. Screenshot_20160910-162314.png

Chevanlol360

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not playing no games with best buy, I'm returning my phone on 9/29 or 9/30 if they don't have the new devices and get the OK from the gov to release them. Best buy wanna act funny and play game sometimes and I'm not about to lose almost $900 and not be able to get the exchange after 9/30

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I went to BB this morning & they had replacements in stock. I was told that they now had to be approved before they could swap them out. They gave me an S7 as a loaner after talking to 5 At&t reps over the phone to reset my eligibility. They said they were optimistic it would be cleared sometime this week. With government involvement I personally expect October now.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I'll wait until they have an exact replacement, and I figure if they refuse they're opening themselves to a lot of lawsuits. My phone info says that my phone was made on 7 /25 in China, seems to be clear of any battery issues.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
People that returned their phones, did they give you back your $50 gift card?? Since they basically forced you to use it when you pre-ordered. Did they give it back to you?

djarchow

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I went to my Best Buy (Iowa) and they had no clue about the latest emails or that they were supposed to register us for a replacement. After I told them what others here had experienced they looked in their systems and found a new notice describing the process to register/preorder replacement phones for us. Once they found that, it took about 10 minutes and I am officially on the waiting list. It was ironic though, they wanted me to show them my email from BestBuy and the posts here on the forum but said I wasn't allowed to power up my phone in the store.

I am going to wait to see how this turns out and may move to a Pixel/Nexus phone when it comes out. Only thing holding me back from just returning the phone now is we got a BOGO deal on the Note 7 and $300 in gift cards with the phone so I am hesitant to give all that up just yet.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Just registered in one of the best buy here. Since 1 closes to my don't know swat. Got the email a few minutes later and guy said that some are getting in now and waiting for this week

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax