Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

triscuit22

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Got the loaner s7 Friday with the free offers. They did it as a new purchase but said I could switch back to Note 7 when available. I made it very clear I wanted my black note 7 back. Personally I am going to get my note 7 replacement before I use the free offers so there aren't any reasons to give me my note 7.

Who's your carrier?

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
It was the mobile manager. I'm on At&t. BB seamed optimistic they would be released this coming week. I plan on returning it before 14 days or getting something in writing.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
It was the mobile manager. I'm on At&t. BB seamed optimistic they would be released this coming week. I plan on returning it before 14 days or getting something in writing.

Really. So is this made up BS the blue shirts are saying are do you think they're being honest?

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I have not heard of best buy doing loaner phones for the Note. They're stance is either exchange it or return it for a refund.

Did you sign a new Installment Billing agreement ?

Or sign anything for that matter in regards to the phone you received ?

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
They reinstated the eligibility & did the s7 as new. Their theory is that the new ones would be released soon.

So... You don't have a loaner then.. You've "bought" a new s7. Check your line - if you have a payment you only have 14 days to return.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
They reinstated the eligibility & did the s7 as new. Their theory is that the new ones would be released soon.
Yes...the reinstate the eligibility in order to add the new phone (Galaxy S7 / Edge) to your line. Without doing that, they wouldn't be able to add the device to your line because the Note 7 was not done being paid for.

So you must've signed a new Installment Billing Agreement for the S7. If that's the case, you're stuck. Whomever you spoke to gave you the wrong information. Best buy will not allow you to exchange the Note 7 for a S7 or S7 Edge and then return the S7 or S7 Edge to go back to the Note 7. Best Buy is not doing loaner phones in no sorts for the Note 7.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
They said they were hopefull for this Wednesday, but I think it will be longer.

I'm glad I didn't get antsy so fast this time and didn't order the Iphone 7 plus. I was on the order screen but the delivery date in mid oct is what stopped me! Why do they say Wed though? Did they get intel it might be on wed?

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Smart switch in store didn't move apps or app settings not sure about to card. I backed up to pc before I gave it back. Haven't restored yet.

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm glad I didn't get antsy so fast this time and didn't order the Iphone 7 plus. I was on the order screen but the delivery date in mid oct is what stopped me! Why do they say Wed though? Did they get intel it might be on wed?

Not sure just what they said. They said they had cabinet full of mostly black ones, but couldn't sell them until approval. They called 5-6 At&t reps, some weren't aware of the recall. One told him I couldn't return it because it was over 14 days. He yelled in the phone we have to accept it, it has been recalled.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
After you visit BB and ask them to reserve a Note 7 replacement, this is what BB is suppose to give you. Make sure you make a color choice if not asked.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I switched from the 6 plus. I thought about the iPhone 7 but I don't think they added enough.
Apple has been struggling to innovate since Steve Jobs passed away.....and what samsung is doing with their phones even if the next year redesign is true it will only put them on par with what samsung already has...( amoled screen...iris scanner......curved display)..They have the money to create whatever they want but they need to open up IOS......or at least build in some more customization and let users down files straight to the device .....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463