Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If they're not pulling your leg and BB already has the revised devices then that's a great sign. I wonder if the carriers have them sitting and waiting in the warehouses already of if that was just BB?Lets say Monday afternoon the gubermint gives teh green light, and our Tmobile phones are sitting in KY, could we have them by Thur or so if we ask them to ship us one? That wed we can get another tracking thread started!

Blacktagangel

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Im going to catch fire!!!! Im not trading in my note 7 until BB says they have them available. Ive turned off fast charging and it's worked great from day 1. I'm going on a month now and my phone was made in korea. Only time my phone gets warm is when I crank the brightness

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I stopped in to my local BB on Sat, The Mobile guy checked and said they were hoping to get AT&T replacements in this week and that hopefully they would actually be in AT&T's system so they could use them. (They had some Verizon replacements they could not do anything with because they were not in their system)

Cheers,
BR

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I powered down my Note 7 last night and am using my Note 3 as a back up. I didn't want to power down, but at this point I am willing to even though I haven't seen any problems-I decided better safe than sorry. Even though I doubt my phone probably would be the one of the 2.5 million, since I do have a back-up phone, I decided it made sense for me to just go ahead and use my Note 3 but in the meantime I am holding on to my Note 7 until Best Buy can exchange it for the one with the new battery. I'm not returning my current one until the replacements are out.

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Just had a rep from Best Buy call me about my Sprint Note 7 which I called and asked to be on the pre-order list. He took my information and finally I got a reservation via email about 2 minutes ago. He said I was #2 on the list.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Im going to catch fire!!!! Im not trading in my note 7 until BB says they have them available. Ive turned off fast charging and it's worked great from day 1. I'm going on a month now and my phone was made in korea. Only time my phone gets warm is when I crank the brightness
I'm with you!

As soon as I get notified of exchanges are available then I'll gladly do so. I've gone this long.. figured I should go the distance now!

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I have a very strong feeling that it will take quite a while before we get our replacements. Best Buy has no clue as to when the CPSC will give the green light for the replacements, so anything they say is only speculation. After reviewing the CPSC's guidelines, they will have to thoroughly inspect the "replacement" Note 7's before they can give the green light for them to be sold to the public. And I can promise you, this will be a thorough inspection and won't happen in a couple of weeks time. I hope I'm wrong on this one, but looking at their previous inspections, it can take months.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a very strong feeling that it will take quite a while before we get our replacements. Best Buy has no clue as to when the CPSC will give the green light for the replacements, so anything they say is only speculation. After reviewing the CPSC's guidelines, they will have to thoroughly inspect the "replacement" Note 7's before they can give the green light for them to be sold to the public. And I can promise you, this will be a thorough inspection and won't happen in a couple of weeks time. I hope I'm wrong on this one, but looking at their previous inspections, it can take months.

I'm sure it will be awhile now that CPSC is involved. But with a lot of stories coming out of batteries flaring up... I wouldn't be surprised of a mandatory recall and officially banning sales going forward.

geekstergrl

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I just called, and she told me I had to do it in-store. Would have been nice of them to notify all of us via email of this detail. First and last phone I ever buy from Best Buy. Their communication skills are lacking.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm holding onto mine until the replacements come in. I went in the day after the recall was announced and they told me as soon as they show up, then just bring it in and exchange it. I was advised to call and make sure they have AT&T models in the store ready to swap out before I head in to check and that they'll pull one aside when I call.

Phone doesn't get warm, doesn't really have any issues at all except it randomly vibrates occasionally despite no notification? Not battery related, and I know I'm getting a new phone so it's not really a big deal for me.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
If someone ordered it online for store pickup, do they still go to the store? They're not going to have a in-store receipt. and go to any store?

Anyway, I hope the CPSC realizes the longer their review takes, the longer some people will be holding onto the old Note 7s. I imagine the vast majority of folks are just holding onto the phone and waiting to exchange (though I have no stats to support that - just gut feeling).

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm holding onto mine until the replacements come in. I went in the day after the recall was announced and they told me as soon as they show up, then just bring it in and exchange it. I was advised to call and make sure they have AT&T models in the store ready to swap out before I head in to check and that they'll pull one aside when I call.

Phone doesn't get warm, doesn't really have any issues at all except it randomly vibrates occasionally despite no notification? Not battery related, and I know I'm getting a new phone so it's not really a big deal for me.
Best buy is giving us until Sept 30 to exchange. I don't know why they would put a timeframe on something like this. They set the Sept 30 date before the CPSC got involved. Since there's a great probability that this takes much longer, they should remove the sept 30 date.

But I think what theyre hoping to happen is that people take advantage of the exchange program and get another Galaxy Device. That way they ..meaning best buy don't lose money on this. Furthermore, carriers is allowing customers to exchange for devices other than Samsung's. But I don't think that's the case with best buy. I believe they want you to exchange for another Galaxy device l.

I'm holding out for as long as I can....
If someone ordered it online for store pickup, do they still go to the store? They're not going to have a in-store receipt. and go to any store?

Anyway, I hope the CPSC realizes the longer their review takes, the longer some people will be holding onto the old Note 7s. I imagine the vast majority of folks are just holding onto the phone and waiting to exchange (though I have no stats to support that - just gut feeling).

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
But I think what theyre hoping to happen is that people take advantage of the exchange program and get another Galaxy Device. That way they ..meaning best buy don't lose money on this. Furthermore, carriers is allowing customers to exchange for devices other than Samsung's. But I don't think that's the case with best buy. I believe they want you to exchange for another Galaxy device l.

Best Buy will let you switch for any device; iPhone, LG, another Samsung, they don't really care, as long as you are getting it from them. They will also issue you a full refund and you can buy whatever phone you choose.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

Except there are phones that are catching fire even when not charging. Everything was fine until it suddenly wasn't.

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Went to my Best Buy and the Samsung guy didn't know anything. He put my email in there system and said I would be notified soon. His answer was, you probably know more than me. Can't be mad at his honesty

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Went back to bb this morning & was able to pre-order (#1 on list for at&t). Different guy said they were all in Stock waiting on approval.

geekstergrl

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I called 800 number, and was told I had to go to the store to be put on the list. Called the store, and was told they had replacement Note 7s (which I knew was false, so I didn't get my hopes up haha), then went to the store, and put in my pre-order. I wish that Best Buy would have communicated this process to customers. I haven't received one update since signing up for updates on their site. So far, my phone is OK, but that could change. Here's to hoping the feds don't tie up this process for a long time and make it worse than it already is. I love this phone--still!