Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Funny, two local BB stores and a BB mobile store in a mall state to enter email address and that no store list exists, or direction in their point of sale for bulletins saying otherwise.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it will be awhile now that CPSC is involved. But with a lot of stories coming out of batteries flaring up... I wouldn't be surprised of a mandatory recall and officially banning sales going forward.

The same stories being repeated and yet to be verified. War of the Worlds radio show- Note 7 style. Hysteria personified. Caution is good, but hysteria is just media news fodder.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a very strong feeling that it will take quite a while before we get our replacements. Best Buy has no clue as to when the CPSC will give the green light for the replacements, so anything they say is only speculation. After reviewing the CPSC's guidelines, they will have to thoroughly inspect the "replacement" Note 7's before they can give the green light for them to be sold to the public. And I can promise you, this will be a thorough inspection and won't happen in a couple of weeks time. I hope I'm wrong on this one, but looking at their previous inspections, it can take months.

Too bad for the delay. Samsung was almost there and incidents are happening almost daily. I believe a 6 year old was the last victim and he was watching videos on the Note7 when it happened. I think cpsc involvement will only cause delay and more injuries and loss due to their delay.

homer813

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
But I think what theyre hoping to happen is that people take advantage of the exchange program and get another Galaxy Device. That way they ..meaning best buy don't lose money on this. Furthermore, carriers is allowing customers to exchange for devices other than Samsung's. But I don't think that's the case with best buy. I believe they want you to exchange for another Galaxy device l.

I'm holding out for as long as I can....

They'll let you exchange it for any device. I went in to talk to someone else today and he said that he has no idea when the new ones are coming in. I asked if I could just exchange it for an iPhone and he said that was fine too. Only problem is the iPhone 7 Plus isn't available for pre-order at their store because they're on back order. Either way it looks like I'm waiting until early October at the latest. I love the customizability of the Note and the pen, but Samsung is starting to convince me to switch to iOS.

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Just came from Best buy and finally let me reserve 2 Note 7's and paperwork to go with it. Will send email when ready. I am just going to sit and wait. Still use our phones since August 19th. I am not worrying about Sept 30th deadline, They have to exchange them past that if they don't have the phones. Guy had no idea when they will be here.Best Buy exchange Note 7 #1 edited_.jpg

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Just came from Best buy and finally let me reserve 2 Note 7's and paperwork to go with it. Will send email when ready. I am just going to sit and wait. Still use our phones since August 19th. I am not worrying about Sept 30th deadline, They have to exchange them past that if they don't have the phones. Guy had no idea when they will be here.View attachment 239249
Got mine a few days back. So will see I guess.

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Friday there wasn't a list locally, today there was.
I have had 4 different employees tell me they were already in store pending approval. I never actually saw them though.

Seems like they could just test a random sampling of them then release them. The longer they wait the worse it will be if people are holding on to them.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Need some advice.

Lost my S-Pen today... very disappointed. Should I go ahead and order a replacement via Amazon, or just wait for the new Note7 comes in to exchange it? Because I'm not sure whether Best Buy checks for that.

homer813

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Need some advice.

Lost my S-Pen today... very disappointed. Should I go ahead and order a replacement via Amazon, or just wait for the new Note7 comes in to exchange it? Because I'm not sure whether Best Buy checks for that.

That just depends on where you are at on integrity. If you're okay with it, risk it that they don't check. If you aren't, then just ask the rep there to see what they say. If they say it needs to be there, than it's your responsibility to have a replacement. I'm not judging either way. But asking them about it before the return might give you some answers.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Except there are phones that are catching fire even when not charging. Everything was fine until it suddenly wasn't.

Those non-charging claims are extremely suspect. When they announced the 35 reported cases those were all said to have occurred during charging. Samsung (themselves) have not mentioned a single verified case of the battery issue happening when not charging.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Those non-charging claims are extremely suspect. When they announced the 35 reported cases those were all said to have occurred during charging. Samsung (themselves) have not mentioned a single verified case of the battery issue happening when not charging.
The CPSC has mentioned non-charging fires, though: "These incidents have occurred while charging and during normal use, which has led us to call for consumers to power down their Note7s".
Press Statement from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Regarding the Samsung Galaxy Note7 | CPSC.gov

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Just got back from Best Buy, enrolled to get notified when they will get mine available. So get this, our Best Buy was already exchanging, but was stopped by the CPSC, until the CPSC tests and approves. No word on when that will be.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
That just depends on where you are at on integrity. If you're okay with it, risk it that they don't check. If you aren't, then just ask the rep there to see what they say. If they say it needs to be there, than it's your responsibility to have a replacement. I'm not judging either way. But asking them about it before the return might give you some answers.

I'm good on integrity, but I feel as though what's the point in replacing the S-PEN when I plan on exchanging the Note7 anyways. One representative online acknowledged that Best Buy will exchange it without the S-PEN, but I will try to get another rep to confirm it as well.

pehmeh78

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I tried returning my phone on 9/10 after getting umpteen emails from Samsung and Best Buy to return my phone.

I read the recall notice on Best Buy: Galaxy Note7 Information - Best Buy
Tried to return the phone. No luck. I did an online order/pickup on site on 8/19 and they couldn't figure out how to return my phone for a full refund and no restocking fee. I walked out of there with my old LG G3 turned on and my Note 7 still in the box.

I then called 1-888-BEST-BUY and got the most horrible, uselss service ever. I was told to go back to the store and return it. (See the problem here)?

So I posted something on the Best Buy Thread:
Note 7 recall! - Page 21 - Best Buy Support
to which my post was taken down (maybe because I was too aggressive and they felt that it was an embarassment that it took 5 "blue shirts" 1.5 hours to figure out how to get my phone returned, and failed?)

I"m at my wits end.

homer813

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I tried returning my phone on 9/10 after getting umpteen emails from Samsung and Best Buy to return my phone.

I read the recall notice on Best Buy: Galaxy Note7 Information - Best Buy
Tried to return the phone. No luck. I did an online order/pickup on site on 8/19 and they couldn't figure out how to return my phone for a full refund and no restocking fee. I walked out of there with my old LG G3 turned on and my Note 7 still in the box.

I then called 1-888-BEST-BUY and got the most horrible, uselss service ever. I was told to go back to the store and return it. (See the problem here)?

So I posted something on the Best Buy Thread:
Note 7 recall! - Page 21 - Best Buy Support
to which my post was taken down (maybe because I was too aggressive and they felt that it was an embarassment that it took 5 "blue shirts" 1.5 hours to figure out how to get my phone returned, and failed?)

I"m at my wits end.

Post it on their social media. And don't be an arse about it. Be firm but be professional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome