Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for @pehmeh78 for directing me this BB forum. I was able to find out on record if I am able to return the Note7 if anything is missing. If anyone has any doubts to the process.. they can reference this.

Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 4.44.50 PM.jpg

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I just need best buy to make the return cutoff date Oct 31 by then replacements will be in and I'll know if I'm going to keep my lovely note 7 that I don't want to give up.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I just need best buy to make the return cutoff date Oct 31 by then replacements will be in and I'll know if I'm going to keep my lovely note 7 that I don't want to give up.

Samsung, the mtg have you a 1 yr warranty on your phone.
The warranty goes threw your carrier.
So I really, really don't understand the problem.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Welcome aboard. Same thing here except with Verizon corporate store.

Yeah, I don't want to wait another month for a replacement Note7, especially since the return period is only until September 30. The iPhone 7 Plus has many of the features that my Note7 has, including: great cameras, IPXX rating, and I like that it has stereo sound.

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Went to Best Buy Mobile tonight and had a great experience. The guy there was very knowledgeable about all the happenings with the Note 7. I didn't try to fish for any information because I knew that I probably knew as much as him. He did offer to swap me out for an S7 Edge and return it when the Note 7 arrived, but he had no idea when that would be. I told him about people on the forum having issues trying to get a loaner phone until the Note 7 arrives, and he just laughed and said, "apparently those people don't read their email". Lastly, he said they were told that the phones can be returned in any condition. Broken screens, dings, dents, scratches, are all acceptable. They were told that they must accept the return no matter what condition. I just thought that was interesting.

Last edited:

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Here is my experience...keep.in mind I work for Best Buy Mobile...

I went to our big Best Buy store to exchange my Note 7 out. The person in the mobile department was nice but didn't know how to do the Note 7 recall exchanges. So he made a couple of calls and got some info on the process. Being that I work at Best Buy Mobile and have done several Note 7 exchanges so far, I gave him the directions on how to do the exchange. He was like that's the same info the other person told him over the phone.

Nonetheless, he calls sprint to make my line upgrade eligible. He didnt explain to the Sprint Rep what exactly I was doing...which was exchanging my Note 7 out. The Sprint Rep then told the Best Buy person that because my line was a new line and not an upgrade, I will loose my number if I exchange my Note 7 because he has to cancel the Installment Billing Contract on the phone. At that point ...I was upset. Because all he had to do was erase the remaining balance of the Note 7, which would make my line eligible to upgrade into something else. However, Sprint and the Best Buy people said that wouldn't work. I told them that that's how we do it our store and haven't had any issues whatsoever.

So because of all that, I was unable to exchange my Note 7. The kicker was when I got up to leave, the Best Buy Manager said only 15 Note 7 have exploded and none in the states. I was like, you must don't read the news much.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Need some advice.

Lost my S-Pen today... very disappointed. Should I go ahead and order a replacement via Amazon, or just wait for the new Note7 comes in to exchange it? Because I'm not sure whether Best Buy checks for that.

Best buys site say and an email I received says. bring you note 7 to exchange and "if you wish, bring assories as well".

Don't worry about the pen. I swiped one from my wife's return for a spare.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
It might not be moral, but can I just return the phone and keep all the accessories?

I'll take out the s pen, keep the charger and adapters. So when the new 7's are released, I'll have double of everything.

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
You would think they wouldn't try to reassure you or get you to not trade it in. They're are opening themselves up for a lawsuit if something does happen.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I always sell my note when I get a new one so I had to settle for an 64g Iphone 6 loaner from a girl friend (I originally talked her into getting the Note 7) until the new version is released. She loves the Note 7 so much she said there's no way she'll ever take hers back and use and iphone! She's willing to take that risk and wait it out.

Now the thought crossed my mind to keep mine as well, then I start thinking I'm not going to burn up for a phone, especially after Samsung, Best buy, Verizon and the safety regulators say "Power down NOW", "STOP using it!". So nope! I'm thinking it'd be my fault if something happened after all those warnings! I'm not burning the house down over a phone. Overreacting? Maybe. This is definitely the best phone I've owned so I'll catch the new one when it's released.

I paid full pop for mine back in August, but now I'm due for an early upgrade so I figure I'll return to Best Buy or Verizon and use the upgrade method instead for when the new version of the note 7 is released. I get to shop around (as in checking out google's new phones & whatever). I get to keep the 256 card & the 150.00 gift card (I already used it anyway). They let me keep the usb-c charger adapters and all the rest of the extras in the box as well.

I manually backed up my internal storage to my sd card and pc and used Samsung Smart Switch back the rest to the card and then used the android/ios Swich app to get my stuff over to ios. I use verizon messaging so that was easy.

Best Buy gave me absolutely no problem, but did mention that mine was the easiest return they did because I was not on contract. She was also surprised that I had another phone on the line that the note 7 was previously on already. I didn't wipe it until I was there just in case so I did it then. And who knows? Best buy and/or Verizon may sell it for less or offer up more goodies since there were issues with first batch to entice us to purchase again!

Anyway peace of mind is worth a lot to me.

richegreen

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I preordered and received the Note 7 from Best Buy. Today I attempted to return it to the Best Buy at 1880 Broadway, New York, NY 10023 and the sales associate REFUSED to let me return or exchange it at all because I no longer have the box it came in. He said without the box and charger, I would have to keep the phone. I asked him what I was expected to do and he said "just keep using it".

Samsung and Sprint have both sent me emails and texts telling me to power down and return the phone. Best Buy is essentially telling me that they want NO PART in this recall and that I should just keep using this product which is known to be unsafe. Am I going to have to return with a lawyer in order to get some proper service?

I swear, after the hassle of just getting the phone in the first place (being left alone for 45 minutes while they tried to process the pre-order) and the treatment I am continuing to receive, I will never buy so much as a pack of AA batteries from a Best Buy ever again.

MzKoKoNY

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Hey All,

Just wanted to share my positive experience with Best Buy. I pre-ordered on bestbuy.com the first dayof pre-orders and chose to have the phone shipped to my house. My carrier is AT&T and I have the blue coral phone.

When news of the recall came I was immediately alerted by AT&T, Samsung, and Best Buy. I decided that I would keep my note until the replacement notes came in. My phone has been running with zero issues, doesn't get hot, and had no desire to take anything but the phone I had. Let's face it, asking to take anything other than a note 7 is like telling someone with a BMW to take a Honda. Nope, lol. Some may say, I'm taking a chance, and well i'm not worried. I'm using my phone the way I have been since day one. Case went on day one. Still using fast charging (gasp, lol), using Samsung and non-Samsung chords, and wall chargers (gasp), and because i like living on the edge, I even charge overnight (roars from the crowd, omg, she's doing WHATTT, lol). Now because the recall was the first of its kind and I knew it would take a while for things to be sorted out, I did not rush to do anything. Instead I decided to wait until everything gets sorted out and then I would inquire about the exchange.

I'm in the NYC area (Bronx), and as stated in the best buy recall info, any exchanges had to be handled in store. Lucky for me there's a best buy up the block from my house. I went into the Mt. Vernon store where the staff there were extremely pleasant and helpful. I simply explained that I presently have the Note 7, I ordered online. I did sign up to be notified but I wanted to come in the store and find out what is the procedure you're implemented regarding the exchange program. She asked if I signed up online and I told her yes, but I wanted to know if there was anything additional I can do because I want the same phone in the same color once it comes in. I asked if there was a list in store that I needed to be put on the ensure I would get the same phone. She proceeded to get another girl that was more knowledgeable. And funny enough, she too had the same phone in the same color, and she said I aint giving up my note without a new note to replace it with, so we're in the same boat...lol. The other girl was like i keep telling her to exchange it and we both looked at her like you don't understand like we understand and we all laughed.

Anywho, she told me that she can place a replacement order in the system, so that I can be assured I would get the same phone reserved for me. Music to my ears. She asked for my name and phone number, my information came up in the system, she asked what color i wanted, i told her blue coral. My receipt came out. She told me I wouldn't be charged for anything. Best Buy will email me when the phones are in, which would be soon (crossing fingers, but we know how this can go...lol), and when it comes in, to come in and swap. And that was it. She asked me if I wanted a loaner, I said nope, lol. She said I understand cuz I didn't want one edda, lol. While I was waiting for my print out there were others there in the same boat, and one girl seemed clueless, had a cracked screen, was inquiring about repairs, so I jumped in and told her, don't pay to repair anything, there's a recall, just hold on to the phone and swap it, or if you don't feel secure, then you can return it or get something in it's place, they will take your phone as is, and you're lucky you get a new phone due to the recall (her screen was jacked UPPPPP lol). And once the new phone comes in, put a screen protector on it. The sales girl said there are none, and of course i had to let her know about her options, but just don't get glass until they sort it all out. You can get one on amazon...lol. I apologized for being all in the bidness like i work here. They laughed and said it's cool, you probably know wayyyy more than we do.

The sales girl came back with my printed receipt which states Preorder Agreement, which says thanks for reserving your order with the info of the replacement device on it. It even gives info on how to back up the phone to transfer which I didn't need cuz i already backed up files on my SD Card, used Samsung Smart Switch backed up to my SD card for the rest of it, and to my home computer just to be one the safe side. Everything else I have linked through Google and text msgs on the ATT cloud, so that my transfer would be seamless.

All in all, the process took about 10 minutes. It went so quick even the guy at the door said you wasn't playing, you're done quick. I said yep, I came, I achieved, and i conquered. And we laughed. And i was all smiles as I left. By time i got to my car, Best Buy had emailed me my order. And now, all i can do is wait.

Was just extremely happy all went smooth, cuz i've been reading some of yall horror stories and sweet jesus...lol.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1