Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I preordered and received the Note 7 from Best Buy. Today I attempted to return it to the Best Buy at 1880 Broadway, New York, NY 10023 and the sales associate REFUSED to let me return or exchange it at all because I no longer have the box it came in. He said without the box and charger, I would have to keep the phone. I asked him what I was expected to do and he said "just keep using it".

Samsung and Sprint have both sent me emails and texts telling me to power down and return the phone. Best Buy is essentially telling me that they want NO PART in this recall and that I should just keep using this product which is known to be unsafe. Am I going to have to return with a lawyer in order to get some proper service?

I swear, after the hassle of just getting the phone in the first place (being left alone for 45 minutes while they tried to process the pre-order) and the treatment I am continuing to receive, I will never buy so much as a pack of AA batteries from a Best Buy ever again.

You need to go back with a printed copy of the message that Best Buy sent you. They state (at least in the email I received) that you don't need to have the box as long as you have your receipt, and even then if you don't have that, they can look it up, that they will take it back.

pehmeh78

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Success! It took over an hour with 2 extremely capable people at Best Buy, but I got the full refund on my phone and my upgrade was reversed through verizon. I'm back to my LG G3 and will buy a new phone via Verizon when the new Note 7's are released.

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Well when the CPSC got involved did that not put a kink in it going past just a exchange program?

Well, it's not listed on the CPSC.gov site either. I think the CPSC was contacted via Samsung, but I don't think that the CPSC is officially "involved". What they are doing is recommending that people with Note 7's shut them down, but they haven't made anything mandatory. It looks like only "official recalls from the CPSC" are listed on the CPSC.gov site.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's not listed on the CPSC.gov site either. I think the CPSC was contacted via Samsung, but I don't think that the CPSC is officially "involved". What they are doing is recommending that people with Note 7's shut them down, but they haven't made anything mandatory. It looks like only "official recalls from the CPSC" are listed on the CPSC.gov site.
The CPSC's only statement on the matter so far says they're working on a recall, but it hasn't happened yet:
Press Statement from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Regarding the Samsung Galaxy Note7 | CPSC.gov

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I seriously hate BB Mobile man
Is this true?
So I go to exchange my phone for a new one, and they tell me they can't exchange it because they can't do replacements. So If I get the Galaxy Edge, I'm am pretty much stuck with that phone if the 14 day return policy expires, and who knows when Samsung will send out the phones

And I can't return it to AT&T because I bought the phone from Best Buy....so I am pretty much stuck with a ticking time bomb until replacements come out

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Is this true?
So I go to exchange my phone for a new one, and they tell me they can't exchange it because they can't do replacements. So If I get the Galaxy Edge, I'm am pretty much stuck with that phone if the 14 day return policy expires, and who knows when Samsung will send out the phones

And I can't return it to AT&T because I bought the phone from Best Buy....so I am pretty much stuck with a ticking time bomb until replacements come out
ATT will accept the phone irregardless of where u bought it. I know this because I originally bought mine at BB and returned to ATT (Corp store)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
ATT will accept the phone irregardless of where u bought it. I know this because I originally bought mine at BB and returned to ATT (Corp store)

I want to AT&T and they told me they could not accept it because I bought it from Best Buy...was I told the wrong information?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Is this true?

You can return it to At&T.
I posted about 4 times a letter from At&T that they sent to me. And I bought my phone from Best Buy.
I also sent a list you can get on that was sent to me from Best Buy .
The only ticking that is going on is in your head with you worrying.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You can return it to At&T.
I posted about 4 times a letter from At&T that they sent to me. And I bought my phone from Best Buy.
I also sent a list you can get on that was sent to me from Best Buy .
The only ticking that is going on is in your head with you worrying.

Idk why AT&T told me I can't return it to them then...I'm gonna try another AT&T
and no I'm not actually worried my phone will explode...I was just exaggerating lol

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Idk why AT&T told me I can't return it to them then...I'm gonna try another AT&T
and no I'm not actually worried my phone will explode...I was just exaggerating lol

AT&T Free Msg: Samsung has announced that current Galaxy Note7 devices may have a potential battery issue and are investigating the issue for potential safety concerns. Please return your device and any Note7 accessories for an exchange as soon as possible. You can get more details at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...l%23%21%2Fwireless%2FKM1122948&token=jjW8bZRd

Babb19766

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I have tried returning to at&t several times at different locations. Each attempt I was told I had to go back to best buy. So while some folks are having success going thru at&t this is apparently not a widespread at&t corporate policy. I even called Samsung who got at&t on the phone only for the at&t rep telling me to take phone back to best buy. Everything about this recall is jacked up.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I have tried returning to at&t several times at different locations. Each attempt I was told I had to go back to best buy. So while some folks are having success going thru at&t this is apparently not a widespread at&t corporate policy. I even called Samsung who got at&t on the phone only for the at&t rep telling me to take phone back to best buy. Everything about this recall is jacked up.
Again

AT&T Free Msg: Samsung has announced that current Galaxy Note7 devices may have a potential battery issue and are investigating the issue for potential safety concerns. Please return your device and any Note7 accessories for an exchange as soon as possible. You can get more details at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...l%23%21%2Fwireless%2FKM1122948&token=w4dnJl3u

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Again

AT&T Free Msg: Samsung has announced that current Galaxy Note7 devices may have a potential battery issue and are investigating the issue for potential safety concerns. Please return your device and any Note7 accessories for an exchange as soon as possible. You can get more details at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...l%23%21%2Fwireless%2FKM1122948&token=ZsNMk82-

Yeah I got that message too, but I was still told they couldn't do it
I need to find a corporate AT&T store around me

PS
Samsung contacted Best Buy for me and gave them my information and explained things to them so Ill have to call BB tomorrow so they can tell me how to exchange my phone....BB Mobile seems to be clueless about things atleast the one in my area

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane