Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Again - at&t corporate store by me refuses to take back device. Doesn't matter what you show them or tell them.
Are you able to DIAL 611 from your phone ?

You go directly to At&t when you DIAL 611.

Have them to let the store tell you you CAN'T return the phone.
See what is said then.

This is not as hard as it sounds.

triscuit22

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you able to DIAL 611 from your phone ?

You go directly to At&t when you DIAL 611.

Have them to let the store tell you you CAN'T return the phone.
See what is said then.

This is not as hard as it sounds.

From the faq on the att page you linked

"How do I exchange my Note7?
Return to the location where you purchased your Note7 and bring your device, charger, accessories, packaging, and receipts you have to process your exchange without a restocking fee. Click here for a location near you AT&T store locations."

Corporate stores are pointing to that. Which says return to where gou bought it, which is best buy. Even 611 says the same thing.

Yes, it is hard.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Again

AT&T Free Msg: Samsung has announced that current Galaxy Note7 devices may have a potential battery issue and are investigating the issue for potential safety concerns. Please return your device and any Note7 accessories for an exchange as soon as possible. You can get more details at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...l%23%21%2Fwireless%2FKM1122948&token=jyaxpp_E

Literally just called AT&T Corporate store and they told me they couldn't accept it, I could only return it at Best Buy

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
My sister and her husband returned their Note 7s to Best Buy with no issues. They only returned the phones, they kept all the accessories and free pre-order gifts. The Best Buy guy even said they have new Note 7 shipments sitting in the back, but are unable to exchange/sell until the consumer ppl releases the phone.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My sister and her husband returned their Note 7s to Best Buy with no issues. They only returned the phones, they kept all the accessories and free pre-order gifts. The Best Buy guy even said they have new Note 7 shipments sitting in the back, but are unable to exchange/sell until the consumer ppl releases the phone.
Really wth!
They didn't tell you about a 14 day return period? I called 2 Best Buys who told me about that

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I really wanted the note 7 back. If this drags out past my return period I may just settle for a new iPhone plus & try the note 8 next year.

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
The burned 6 year old wasn't a note 7. Turns out it was another Samsung device. I found another website talking about an s7 investigation (not sure if it was real or they meant to put Note 7).

Apple supposedly used Samsung batteries for some of their new iPhones.

mahyk

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I just left Best Buy where I preordered the Note 7 when it first came out. I had my phone in my pocket, and just asked the Best Buy phone representative what are the procedures on exchanging my Note 7 after the recall. The rep states that I can return it now and wait till the new Note 7 is ready for sales. He even hinted that they have the new devices on hand, but can't sell them till the government approves it (a week or 2 is his estimate). I told him I don't have my phone, but will exchange it when the new ones are available. He then had me enter my email on the Best Buy website where it will notify me when the new Note 7 is available. I then can bring my current Note 7 and exchange it when they notify me. Also, I asked if I need to bring the packaging and extras included. He said we can, and if I don't have all the included parts, that they will pull it from the exchange (ie. Charger, tips, adapter, etc.)

So I still have my current Note 7 (no issues so far) and waiting for the email when the new ones are available. I will try to gather everything from my current Note 7 and exchange it all brand new items included in the box.

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I just left Best Buy where I preordered the Note 7 when it first came out. I had my phone in my pocket, and just asked the Best Buy phone representative what are the procedures on exchanging my Note 7 after the recall. The rep states that I can return it now and wait till the new Note 7 is ready for sales. He even hinted that they have the new devices on hand, but can't sell them till the government approves it (a week or 2 is his estimate). I told him I don't have my phone, but will exchange it when the new ones are available. He then had me enter my email on the Best Buy website where it will notify me when the new Note 7 is available. I then can bring my current Note 7 and exchange it when they notify me. Also, I asked if I need to bring the packaging and extras included. He said we can, and if I don't have all the included parts, that they will pull it from the exchange (ie. Charger, tips, adapter, etc.)

So I still have my current Note 7 (no issues so far) and waiting for the email when the new ones are available. I will try to gather everything from my current Note 7 and exchange it all brand new items included in the box.

You should try to get on a preorder list. Some stores are entering you into a reserve list & you get emailed a reservation. There are examples in earlier posts. I had to go back a few times to make it happen.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Apparently devices are ready at some retailers like BB, but if Samsung's new reason for the battery issue is correct, I do not see how they can release them unless they mean the compressed cell layers were for a small batch and were playing safe stopping all sales. Not seeming to add up.

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Government delays are going to add to the problems. I would assume that Samsung had fixed the problem or they wouldn't have spent the money to make replacements to explode again.

Babb19766

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Best Buy is getting the new note 7 in store to replace the recalled ones but until government gives the ok they will just sit in the stores. Anyone trying to get a loaner from BB needs to be careful. At this point its clear BB stores are not on the same page. From reading all these posts some people are claiming they are being given loaners from BB...these so called loaners are not going to be loaners if they can't release the new note 7s within 14 days of u receiving a loaner phone...otherwise ur loaner phone is your stuck with phone. Unless its in writing by the store manger I would take everything BB says about this stuff with a grain of salt. Hopefully they will be given the ok to release soon. Still no "official" recall so everything is still very murky. Some people are getting lucky by going thru their carrier, others are just plain stuck because not every store is on the same page. Just plain crazy. Be careful when dealing with BB. Will never go thru them again for a phone. You shouldn't be able to call 4 stores and be given 4 seperate responses.

Babb19766

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
It is also note worthy to mention that on Best Buy's website they have a forum for recalled note 7. A BB representative was posting answers and helpful suggestions for those of us who have questions about the whole process. Oddly enough this morning most of his posts were deleted...interesting...isn't it?

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
It is also note worthy to mention that on Best Buy's website they have a forum for recalled note 7. A BB representative was posting answers and helpful suggestions for those of us who have questions about the whole process. Oddly enough this morning most of his posts were deleted...interesting...isn't it?

Oh this is the world if someone actually doing his/her job they fire you or delete their information. Sometime I think im reading the website notalwaysright/notalwaysworking from reading all these post.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy is getting the new note 7 in store to replace the recalled ones but until government gives the ok they will just sit in the stores. Anyone trying to get a loaner from BB needs to be careful. At this point its clear BB stores are not on the same page. From reading all these posts some people are claiming they are being given loaners from BB...these so called loaners are not going to be loaners if they can't release the new note 7s within 14 days of u receiving a loaner phone...otherwise ur loaner phone is your stuck with phone. Unless its in writing by the store manger I would take everything BB says about this stuff with a grain of salt. Hopefully they will be given the ok to release soon. Still no "official" recall so everything is still very murky. Some people are getting lucky by going thru their carrier, others are just plain stuck because not every store is on the same page. Just plain crazy. Be careful when dealing with BB. Will never go thru them again for a phone. You shouldn't be able to call 4 stores and be given 4 seperate responses.

Exactly!
And I am never ordering a new phone from BB ever again either, they always don't know what they are doing.
I called Samsung who called BB for me to explain to them what they need to do, so the Samsung rep told me to call tomorrow and see what I can do for the exchange

As Babb said, for those who got theirs from Worst Buy....the phone you have can only be returned within 14 days otherwise you cannot exchange it for a new Note 7 replacement, so if Samsung doesnt send replacement's withing 14 days your stuck with that phone you have

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Really wth!
They didn't tell you about a 14 day return period? I called 2 Best Buys who told me about that

Nope. They just returned the phones in person for full refunds (14 day window wasn't even mentioned). The guy at the store was very nice to them, so if you deal with people who are actually informed about the situation (and even have a Note 7 themselves), it makes the process go very smoothly. They took the phones back, no questions asked. Didn't ask for the accessories or the preorder gifts. The part that took some time was when connecting to AT&T to process/cancel the phones on AT&T records.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000