Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Found this info on restricting the amount of charge the Note 7 will take via update.
"Earlier today we shared news from The Korea Times about an upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 7 update in Korea that will limit the maximum charge it is able to hold. Given that several of us own a Note 7 as well we are naturally concerned about this and the possible implications for U.S. carriers.

Thankfully a Samsung spokesperson was quick to clarify with the following statement:

“In the U.S., Samsung is continuing to work with the CPSC and our carrier partners to develop and evaluate solutions that are best for US Note7 owners. No action will be taken without the approval of the CPSC. Customer safety remains our top priority.”

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Just came from Best buy and finally let me reserve 2 Note 7's and paperwork to go with it. Will send email when ready. I am just going to sit and wait. Still use our phones since August 19th. I am not worrying about Sept 30th deadline, They have to exchange them past that if they don't have the phones. Guy had no idea when they will be here.View attachment 239249

So you did not have to return Note7 now and they still let you pre order? That's great . I will go in tomorrow and do the same. I have no intentionn of giving mine up till they have a like replacement

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I was easily able to "reserve" a new Note 7 at BB. I'm still able to keep and use the one I have now.

They told me I'll get an email confirmation of the preorder/reservation and I'll get another email once the new one is in.

So far, I got the confirmation email.

Now I just have to decide wether to keep using my Note 7... or fire up my Note 5... I LOVE the 7 ..so for right now I'm still using it.

mag44

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The BB instructions seem pretty straight forward to me. Turn it in now for refund and/or pre-order, exchange for another device, or keep Note 7- then enter email address and wait for reply of Note 7 replacements.

Straightforward until you actually go into the store, the associates seem to be pretty hit or miss on being informed or actually following their corporate policy.

crpmp007

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Really wth!
They didn't tell you about a 14 day return period? I called 2 Best Buys who told me about that

GALAXY NOTE7 EXCHANGE PROGRAM INFORMATION
We have stopped selling the Samsung Note7 due to a battery issue. Our primary goal is your safety, and we ask that you power down your device, and visit a Best Buy store for a return or exchange without a restocking fee. You will have the option to replace it with a new Note7 when they become available.

To start your exchange process with Best Buy, visit a store near you and talk to a Blue Shirt. Here are the options they will walk through with you:

Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7-specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices
Return your Note7 and receive a full refund.

As a gesture of appreciation, you will receive a $25 bill credit from your carrier when choosing a Galaxy S7 family device or the Galaxy Note7 within the exchange program. Bill credit could take 2 to 3 billing cycles before appearing on your statement.

Note7 Return & Exchange FAQs
Q: Is it okay for me to continue using my Note7?

A: Because your safety is our utmost concern, we ask you to power down your Galaxy Note7 and exchange it now. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of the Note7 Product Exchange program.

Q: Where can I return or exchange my Note7?

A: Returns and exchanges must be made at a Best Buy store.

Q: The Best Buy product exchange period for cell phones is 14 days after purchase. What if I've had my Note7 for longer than 14 days?

A: Currently Best Buy will accept all returns or exchanges for the Note7 even if it is beyond the standard 14-day return period.

Q: Can I return my Note7 and get my money back instead of exchanging it for another phone?

A: Yes, you can get your money back when you return your Note7.

Q: Can I keep the free item that I received with my Note7 purchase?

A: Yes, you may keep the free item that you received.

Q: Will I be charged a restocking fee if I exchange or return my Note7?

A: No, the Best Buy $35 restocking fee will be waived.

Q: Can I return my accessories for my Note7?

A: Currently Best Buy will accept all returns for Note7 accessories even if it is beyond the standard 14-day return period.

Q: Will I be able to return my Note7 even if it is damaged?

A: Exchanges and returns will be honored regardless of condition of the Note7 device.

Q: What if I don't want to exchange my Note7?

A: The Consumer Product Safety Commission and Samsung are urging owners to power down their Note7s. Our primary concern is your safety, and we want to help you exchange your Note7 for a new device and at the same time we can reserve a new Note7 for when they become available.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
We have stopped selling the Samsung Note7 due to a battery issue. Our primary goal is your safety, and we ask that you power down your device, and visit a Best Buy store for a return or exchange without a restocking fee. You will have the option to replace it with a new Note7 when they become available.

To start your exchange process with Best Buy, visit a store near you and talk to a Blue Shirt. Here are the options they will walk through with you:

Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7-specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices

As a gesture of appreciation, you will receive a $25 bill credit from your carrier when choosing a Galaxy S7 family device or the Galaxy Note7 within the exchange program. Bill credit could take 2 to 3 billing cycles before appearing on your statement.

A: Because your safety is our utmost concern, we ask you to power down your Galaxy Note7 and exchange it now. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of the Note7 Product Exchange program.

Q: The Best Buy product exchange period for cell phones is 14 days after purchase. What if I've had my Note7 for longer than 14 days?

A: Currently Best Buy will accept all returns or exchanges for the Note7 even if it is beyond the standard 14-day return period.

Q: Can I return my Note7 and get my money back instead of exchanging it for another phone?

A: Currently Best Buy will accept all returns for Note7 accessories even if it is beyond the standard 14-day return period.

A: Exchanges and returns will be honored regardless of condition of the Note7 device.

A: The Consumer Product Safety Commission and Samsung are urging owners to power down their Note7s. Our primary concern is your safety, and we want to help you exchange your Note7 for a new device and at the same time we can reserve a new Note7 for when they become available.

Can you send me a link to where that is posted?
Im gonna print it out and show it to Best Buy...because that beyond the 14 day period thing is completely opposite of what they told me

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
My loaner is the current Note 7. Again, the issue Samsung points out would have shown as heat or low battery life by now. That, or fried already.

Respect the caution none the less. I leave fast charging off.
I agree. This actually happened to me...I go to bed and charge while watching TV. I disconnect the phone when it is charged. I fell asleep and the phone ended up under my covers and charging all night. When I awoke and found the phone (this was before notice came out) I simply pushed the side button to wake it up. I received a message across the phone that simply stated something like "charging stopped due to overheating". I did not make give it a second thought. In retrospect, if this phone had the issue that is under scrutiny now I would have needed a new bed. I am not worried but admit to being very careful when I do charge it.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

If anyone wants to send that link to themselves so it is from an official web site instead of just printed this is the link... Galaxy Note7 Information - Best Buy

triscuit22

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep, that's the "Turn it in now for refund and/or pre-order" ;) They want the device back so they can generate a preorder on same line for another one. I chose to keep mine and wait for the email response, but will also check in every few days.

As I stated earlier. I went to BB, preordered a new note7, kept my current note7.

See the below email you get once you sign up pin their website. No where there does it say you have to turn in your old phone to order a new one.

Attachments

• 2946.jpg
    2946.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 57

blueGN7

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm beginning to wonder if the CPSC is not going to sign off on the current replacement Note 7s. Maybe they are not convinced that this did, indeed, fix the fire danger! I hope it is just a bureaucracy, government thing & the new Note7s, which are already manufactured & sitting in warehouses near our BBY stores, are simply waiting for the paperwork from the CPSC & not being held up due to not meeting CPSC standards.

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Even worse I think they are still working on an official recall. The note 7 isn't even listed on their site yet. The government getting involved is going to make it worse & more drawn out, thereby allowing more injuries.

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Returned mine to bestbuy. Kept my Gear Fit2 and the micro USB to USB C adapter. Return was decently quick and fairly painless as they knew the process already. The girl at the counter laughed at one point and said "at least you knew to keep the watch, I had someone come yesterday that returned the phone and insisted the watch needed to be returned with it. I tried to convince her to keep the watch since it was free but she wasn't having it". I thought that was funny. She said it would be a couple of minutes before my upgrade status showed back up then she asked if I wanted to Preorder the new Note 7 and said they were already taking orders and I said I'll wait it out and see what happens. Now I'm using my old S7 Edge that I don't really care for and waiting to make sure sprint refunds the $30 upgrade fee. I'm undecided on what I will do next but glad I got to test drive the phone for a few weeks and got a gear fit2 for free.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The best buy in my area already has replacements for Verizon and T-Mobile and have started giving them out....I was told AT&T would come in by this week or next week

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The best buy in my area already has replacements for Verizon and T-Mobile and have started giving them out....I was told AT&T would come in by this week or next week

Best Buy doesn't sell tmobile phones and they're not allowed to give them out until they are allowed to by the government. Are you in another country?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy doesn't sell tmobile phones and they're not allowed to give them out until they are allowed to by the government. Are you in another country?

I'm in the USA
I was just at Best Buy, he said Verizon, maybe he said Sprint not T-Mobile, but he said he gave one out already, and AT&T should be by this week or next week

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
-_-" best buy I sense that some store going get in trouble... not to mention corporate should have fix the system for those note if anyone try to sell it that it will show up like $99,999 like they do for some midnight release preorder.