Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I was told from a friend who has a friend in bestbuy that if we hold out they will offer us a Hyundai.
If they don't offer me a Hyundai, they will have to pry this phone from my crispy charred fingers.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm going on a flight Saturday morning. My BB hasn't gotten them in yet. They also said no temporary phone. If I return it for a different device, I have to pay a restock fee when the new note comes in.

I'm just going to power it off and use my tablet on the plane.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
How does the $25 credit work with Best Buy? Is it a bill credit or an in-store GC? Is it done automatically?

You CAN BE SURE no one in BB will know the answer. He!! They won't even know the question . I'd say that with certainty from the experience I had there this past Monday.

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
My store had them in the store last Friday. I just left the same store & they said they had to remove them from the store since they weren't approved yet.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Definitely not going anywhere near a carrier store or Best Buy tomorrow (the 16th) since its goober Iphone release day. Will wait till Sunday and check the stock in store when they open. No thanks...

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
so does anyone think we'll get notifications per the Best Buy email registration for notifications of the new notes coming in, before or after the 21st?

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
so does anyone think we'll get notifications per the Best Buy email registration for notifications of the new notes coming in, before or after the 21st?

Guessing most of us will already have our replacements by the time the emails go out the 21st if ever. Not counting on the email I will physically go in the store when they open to see if any are in stock.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
How does the $25 credit work with Best Buy? Is it a bill credit or an in-store GC? Is it done automatically?
The $25 is a bill credit applied directly to your bill. BB has nothing to do with it.

From verizon text to my phone:

" Today the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced that Samsung is recalling its Galaxy Note7 Smartphones and told consumers to "immediately stop using and power down" the recalled Note7 devices purchased before 9/15/16. On Wednesday, 9/21/16, Samsung's new Note7 will be available. Verizon strongly advises that you replace your current Note7 with a new Note7. Please return to your point of purchase and exchange your Note7. Initial quantities are limited. Please contact your point of purchase for availability. We know this exchange is an inconvenience, so we are providing a $25 bill credit. more at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...sung.com%2Fus%2Fnote7recall%2F&token=TiWAe6zb or http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2016/Samsung-Recalls-Galaxy-Note7-Smartphones/ "

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Well I exchanged my Note 7 in for a S7 Edge and when the new Note 7's come in I'll trade it back in. I'm on Sprint and BestBuy Forum CS rep helped me with the deal. I didn't return any accessories except the phone and S-pen, should have kept my S-Pen. Can't wait til the new one comes out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles