Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I will call best buy tomorrow again to see 3e latest status lol lol. If anyone gets replacement note this weekend please share experience ??????

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I walked in to BB today just to see if there was an update. This was after work and before the 6:30 PM ET email update we all have now gotten from Samsung. (my particular time stamp happened to be 6:30 Eastern time). Well I did not see it until after I had already walked into BB and done my exchange, but no harm no foul. The reps told me that they had pretty much just been informed that it seemed all owners' devices were going to be deactivated so that people can return or can exchange or do the S7/E loaner and be put on a pre-order for the replacement N7. So I returned my N7 and walked out with a loaner S7E. Got a $100 BB gift card along with the VR Gear promo too. So not too shabby a deal. They put the N7 box in my bag of all things and the charger outlet plug of the N7 and I would have been allowed to keep other things too-I should have kept the cable now that I think about it. I opted for the loaner because I had no idea what the ETA for the N7 was, but if this email is correct, it looks like possible 9/21 maybe? Then I got home a couple hours later and here I see this email. The email we all got does now allow you to put in your IMEI if you still have your N7 and because I have the box from my former one, I did enter it in, and of course it showed up as a recall unit.
I've set up the S7E in the meantime-even if just for a several days. Now I've only been using it a couple hours but it seems to be a really nice phone so I'm happy to have it in the interim.

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Do we need to return these phones to the exact BB from where we purchased or can we go to any BB location?

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I walked in to BB today just to see if there was an update. This was after work and before the 6:30 PM ET email update we all have now gotten from Samsung. (my particular time stamp happened to be 6:30 Eastern time). Well I did not see it until after I had already walked into BB and done my exchange, but no harm no foul. The reps told me that they had pretty much just been informed that it seemed all owners' devices were going to be deactivated so that people can return or can exchange or do the S7/E loaner and be put on a pre-order for the replacement N7. So I returned my N7 and walked out with a loaner S7E. Got a $100 BB gift card along with the VR Gear promo too. So not too shabby a deal. They put the N7 box in my bag of all things and the charger outlet plug of the N7 and I would have been allowed to keep other things too-I should have kept the cable now that I think about it. I opted for the loaner because I had no idea what the ETA for the N7 was, but if this email is correct, it looks like possible 9/21 maybe? Then I got home a couple hours later and here I see this email. The email we all got does now allow you to put in your IMEI if you still have your N7 and because I have the box from my former one, I did enter it in, and of course it showed up as a recall unit.
I've set up the S7E in the meantime-even if just for a several days. Now I've only been using it a couple hours but it seems to be a really nice phone so I'm happy to have it in the interim.

So how did you get a $100.00 BB Gift card and VR Gear promo if this is a loaner??

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The pre order for the Note 7 was a mess with BEst Buy, I can only imagine how this replacement program will go with them!

sndtubes

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going to wait it out too, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and try on Monday evening on my way home from work.

I wonder if you have to give back the gift card when you turn the s7 back in. They normally make you do that when you return something

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Well I exchanged my Note 7 in for a S7 Edge and when the new Note 7's come in I'll trade it back in. I'm on Sprint and BestBuy Forum CS rep helped me with the deal. I didn't return any accessories except the phone and S-pen, should have kept my S-Pen. Can't wait til the new one comes out!
Not a good idea, I am hearing reports the S pens are exploding now also.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I know right, during initial preorder I had to fight with customer service and because they had goofed up on their end even after debiting the money from me. I really hope this time they don't mess this up. I won't be surprised if they do :/.. so I will keep calling my local stores just to play safe.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Do we need to return these phones to the exact BB from where we purchased or can we go to any BB location?
I went to a different store this time and it was no problem doing the return there. I'm having the new N7 shipped to this location this time too.

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
They handed it to me. I didn't ask. It was given me and I was like, really? They said yes, due to the hassle. So I was like, okay then!
I think that's part of her promotion and if you return it you have to return their promotional items in the gift card or will deduct the gift card

Mykl

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I know the announcement said 9/21, but (with replacement Note 7s having arrived in some stores... reportedly) -- has anyone exchanged for a replacement phone after CPSC gave their okay on 9/15?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
So with some people already having returned for a refund, and the fact that this has already been a display of inconsistency, who is going back to Best Buy to re-purchase the Note7?

If you still have the device, then you'll probably already be going back. I returned mine about a week ago, and I plan on going back to Best Buy to get it again. Going to try on Monday, even though the published statements say the 21st.