Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I know the announcement said 9/21, but (with replacement Note 7s having arrived in some stores... reportedly) -- has anyone exchanged for a replacement phone after CPSC gave their okay on 9/15?
I haven't. And to be honest. I think it will take at least 48 hours for it to trickle down to every store.

Only yesterday the news was announced. Hopefully by tomorrow we will get a better understanding.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I returned mine about a week ago, and I plan on going back to Best Buy to get it again. Going to try on Monday, even though the published statements say the 21st.

Well, the wording states "by" the 21st... And there's no word on when Samsung will resume selling the Note7.

As of now... There plans is to replace the defective models by the 21st. Once that is done... I assume that they will announce when the Note7 will be back on shelves.

The CPSC announced a official recall with no approval of when Samsung is free to sell the Note7 again.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I know the announcement said 9/21, but (with replacement Note 7s having arrived in some stores... reportedly) -- has anyone exchanged for a replacement phone after CPSC gave their okay on 9/15?

Nope - not yet - I've checked with BB (where I have one reserved) as well as my local ATT corp stores... none of them have them in stock yet.

ATT stores have the ability to see what's on their upcoming delivery for each store. All stores have noted to me that they don't have any deliveries of Note 7's scheduled (yet). My guess is that they will trickle in either Monday/Tuesday...

I wouldn't be surprised if stores are asked to hold on exchanges until it's confirmed that majority of stores have them in stock and readily available. That way all the locations will be well prepped to handle the immediate rush/influx of those ready to exchange. Otherwise - we'd hear (and probably will still anyway via the media) that Samsung isn't meeting the demand to quickly replace the devices as originally detailed in their press release.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Ya I spoke to 3 best buy stores just now. 1 store was aware of the preorder part but not the 21st date but he said we have a good relationship with Samsung so then we should have them by 21st.. he can't tell when exactly as they are not in inventory. The other 2 stores were totally clueless lol.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if stores are asked to hold on exchanges until it's confirmed that majority of stores have them in stock and readily available. That way all the locations will be well prepped to handle the immediate rush/influx of those ready to exchange. Otherwise - we'd hear (and probably will still anyway via the media) that Samsung isn't meeting the demand to quickly replace the devices as originally detailed in their press release.

I do think that would be a good idea. However I read only 130k people have done the exchange procedure. There's plenty more who haven't gone in to BB or any other source to put in there request.

I tend to think that since there's various ways the Note7 is being replaced via carriers and retailers.. even by Samsung itself. That it won't be as organized as we all would like.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Bummer yeah I agree. Plus I don't think the store dudes are that well informed about everything either. So yeah I won't be surprised if this turns into a mess. Hopefully those of us who reserved our new note get it with our name on it :/ ..let's see.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
On a different note I spoke to my local att store and they got email saying it will be there after September 21st... lol..again they don't know what colors and small batches. Fun fun !

don Adams

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Just left Best Buy. They had me sign up for a pre-order, hardware only. The rep and the Samsung guy said they will be in on the 21st. They also let you choose a different color if your heart desires. He said if you don't bring everything back they will just take it out the box.

This pre order is a call, email and possibly text (can't remember if he said this out but). But this secure a phone for you. The hardware only order allows them to just swap the devices instead of deactivating and reactivating another device (region would be a nightmare).

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
So...The question was asked by at least a few members and remained unanswered. Once again If you received any freebies with your exchange such as VR, gift cards, etc... what makes you feel that they would not have to return them with the return of the item those freebies are associated with?

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Just left Best Buy. They had me sign up for a pre-order, hardware only. The rep and the Samsung guy said they will be in on the 21st. They also let you choose a different color if your heart desires. He said if you don't bring everything back they will just take it out the box.

This pre order is a call, email and possibly text (can't remember if he said this out but). But this secure a phone for you. The hardware only order allows them to just swap the devices instead of deactivating and reactivating another device (region would be a nightmare).
3 bb store told me and different reps that I keep all the accessories when j exchange it. I get the new ones also .

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I assume that's an everyday event at any bb. I don't expect much to be honest when I go to best buy. There is that occasion were you get that one guy who is knowledgeable once in a while.

I don't expect much when I go anywhere lol... Sometime you find those gems at those retail store that are on top of things and beyond... sometime you don't except those time you get those gem but not allowed to to provided those knowledge.

I think I made my decision about the note 7 or getting something else now...

Unless the LG v20 catch my attention enough.
Wait for the S8 or S8 edge"i want usb-c connection"
Wait for another Note7 promotion for extra goodies =D....

Those my decision for now so I will stick with my newly replace battery iPhone 5s 8.4 jb =) and using a SIII for some android stuff.

homer813

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Have you already returned it? I enjoy the Note7 as well... but I already know that the resell value will be low.

So...The question was asked by at least a few members and remained unanswered. Once again If you received any freebies with your exchange such as VR, gift cards, etc... what makes you feel that they would not have to return them with the return of the item those freebies are associated with?

You can't really expect anything from BB. But to answer the question, it is because that's what they posted on their site. Getting your local BB employees to actually keep up with those memos...that's a different story.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm walking into best buy next week with no s pen, no chargers, or anything just the phone lmao.

you do that and they just give you the phone only and not the stuff u didnt bring in... in most store. before they have it in they some store will/will not ask for the other stuff in the box so dont complain they taking the stuff from the other box because that normally how exchange work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca