Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm walking into best buy next week with no s pen, no chargers, or anything just the phone lmao.
Well..... 4 stores have told me and numerous employee and mobile dept employee.. All they need is just the phone and box. Keep everything else as they have no use for that. Well Samsung that is.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Well..... 4 stores have told me and numerous employee and mobile dept employee.. All they need is just the phone and box. Keep everything else as they have no use for that. Well Samsung that is.
Currently the "better" store will do that before the date the note come in but on and after the date might not be the same anymore. Those stingy store WILL ask for everything back.

Mine say at least send something back with the phone ie "the spen" ehh w/e haha

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I've had a few Best Buy people tell me that if you return it with missing items from the box, they will take the same items out of the box of the exchange you're trying to pick up, or if you are returing for a refund, they will charge you $15 per missing item. Box or no box, they want the items more.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had a few Best Buy people tell me that if you return it with missing items from the box, they will take the same items out of the box of the exchange you're trying to pick up, or if you are returing for a refund, they will charge you $15 per missing item. Box or no box, they want the items more.
Weird. Even Samsung rep tells you to keep it. They can't reuse it. They tell you keep it for all the hassle about the recall.

Plus store closes to me which sucks and knows NOTHING ever. Told me that I can keep all that accessories which I have 3 other store that are on top of their game and all their stories lined up. Come exchange day I will keep everything. Giving the spen back as I know these phone will be the refurb later on. I just need those extra chargers.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
As I say it a few time already my recommendation if you want to keep the item in the box is to do it before the phone come in and ask if they require the accessories. If they yes and/or charge for missing one then find another store. Otherwise hope you still get lucky when you performing the exchange in store.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
So does hardware only mean that you get the handset but no box or anything ? Does your paper or email say hardware only on it ? My preorder paper doesn't specify so was just curious. Did he give you an ETA on when it will arrive ?

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
On a different note one best buy store told me that cpsc hasn't approved it and I should exchange for a different phone. Ugh ya right buddy not lhappening. So I told him last night both samsung and cpsc had a press release stating the approval and date of 21st sept.. ugh. Hope their preorder system works for these replacement notes unlike how it failed at the time of initial preorder purchase .

wildcard30

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
So with some people already having returned for a refund, and the fact that this has already been a display of inconsistency, who is going back to Best Buy to re-purchase the Note7?

If you still have the device, then you'll probably already be going back. I returned mine about a week ago, and I plan on going back to Best Buy to get it again. Going to try on Monday, even though the published statements say the 21st.

I returned my Note 7 to BB 2 weeks ago and I refuse to ever buy a phone from them again the service from preorder to recall was just awful. I plan on just going to an At&t corporate store instead and will hopefully have better results.

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if you have to give back the gift card when you turn the s7 back in. They normally make you do that when you return something

I asked about it & tried to give it back. I told them I wasn't keeping the phone, they said it was already activated & couldn't be revoked. He even said I could use it to pay the difference in taxes when I get the replacement. Just in case I'll use it after I get the phone.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

Ain't gonna happen. Who wants ear buds that were stuck in my filthy burnt orange WAX HOLES?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I returned my Note 7 to BB 2 weeks ago and I refuse to ever buy a phone from them again the service from preorder to recall was just awful. I plan on just going to an At&t corporate store instead and will hopefully have better results.

Mine has always been completely opposite and good, since the S4. Wild the differences.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Anyone have any luck getting a new note 7 in exchange for your old one at best buy ? (Best buy note 7 page updated see below)

GALAXY NOTE7 RECALL AND EXCHANGE PROGRAM INFORMATION
Samsung has announced a recall and exchange program on certain Galaxy Note7 devices in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Since the affected devices can overheat and pose a safety risk, if you own a Galaxy Note7 purchased before Friday, September 15, 2016, it is extremely important to stop using your device, power it down and visit a Best Buy store for a return or exchange without a restocking fee.
To start your exchange process with Best Buy, visit a store near you and talk to a Blue Shirt. Here are the options they will walk through with you:
Starting as early as Wednesday, September 21, you may be able to exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device for a new Galaxy Note7 as approved by the CPSC. In the event the store doesn't have new Note7s in stock yet, you will be able to exchange for an interim device and we will contact you when your new Note7 is available.
Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge with a refund of the price difference between devices and replacement of any Note7-specific accessories.
Return your Note7 and receive a full refund.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Not all BB are the same some will just take the phone itself others will need box and all accessories when exchanging. I'm taking my box and all back just in case. Never use the headphones although it would be nice to get an extra type C wall charger but already have 2 wireless chargers I use more often. I will check with BB in person Sunday morning when they open to see if they have any in stock. Will take any color at this point.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
It's not our fault the note 7 was recalled. So screw em on returning the box contents, beside the phone amyways. I bought my note 7 , intended on keeping it forever and wanted to lighten it up some so I tossed the S pen. So BB, you can't refuse my eplacement, it's a recall, Sammy just wants the phone back(safety and financial risk). Oh and I wirelessly charge so I had no use for the stock charger, I threw the block at a cat in my yard and used the cord for a leash on my pitbull and it broke. Like I said it's not my fault I am being forced into a safe working replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae