Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Was in the Best Buy in Knoxville, TN today with my son getting his iPhone 7, and the kid beside us was getting his replacement Note 7. Best Buy Mobile guy said that the replacements came Friday and they were in the process of emailing those that had a replacement preorder. He said they only had enough Note 7's for those that preordered. Went by the Best Buy Mobile in the shopping mall where I bought mine, and they said the replacements won't be there until Monday.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Just got back from BB. No AT&T stock in yet today the 18th. Don't know when they will get any. Guessing this week though. They tried to give me a S7 Edge new as a loaner in reality. Said no I'll wait for the replacement. But the mobile guys were on the spot and ready to swap mine out on the spot. Huntsville AL.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Just got back from BB. No AT&T stock in yet today the 18th. Don't know when they will get any. Guessing this week though. They tried to give me a S7 Edge new as a loaner in reality. Said no I'll wait for the replacement. But the mobile guys were on the spot and ready to swap mine out on the spot. Huntsville AL.

Huntsville, Alabama.

You mean we got another Alabama Redneck on here.
I'm from the Hueytown, Ala. area living in Texas.

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Also, for those wondering, the two boxes of replacements that I saw were the black boxes with blue lettering, not the AT&T box. The guy getting the return was an AT&T customer.

whaddupdoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Returned my note 7 on Fri at BB in exchange for a s7e, got pre-ordered for the replacement note. Didn't have to return any accessories but didn't get any s7 freebies like others mentioned directly from BB. However was able to go through Samsung promotions for the free VR

nickwith9

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
just spoke to the stupidest BB employee ever on the phone. didnt even know there was a such thing as a replacement note 7. she actually told me no sir they recalled that phone we r not selling them again and were told to get them all back

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
just spoke to the stupidest BB employee ever on the phone. didnt even know there was a such thing as a replacement note 7. she actually told me no sir they recalled that phone we r not selling them again and were told to get them all back
Sometime the one on the phone don't try to learn about the other department... when they have to when they handling almost all return/exchange from them... don't expect to know every little thing but at least a little bit in each department. I was in "electronic" when I uses to work for them but they shot me to every part of the store... for knowing too much >.>

nickwith9

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Sometime the one on the phone don't try to learn about the other department... when they have to when they handling almost all return/exchange from them... don't expect to know every little thing but at least a little bit in each department. I was in "electronic" when I uses to work for them but they shot me to every part of the store... for knowing too much >.>
no it was the mobile manager actually

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Do you guys trust the preorders that beat buy has been doing for us? Do you guys feel that in fact the phones will come in with our name on it as the store guy told me or there won't be any email, leaving us in limbo ?

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
no it was the mobile manager actually

.... That even worst... the manager not on top of things...

Do you guys trust the preorders that beat buy has been doing for us? Do you guys feel that in fact the phones will come in with our name on it as the store guy told me or there won't be any email, leaving us in limbo ?
The phone come in unlabel because they the one labeling them as they come in... but I don't even think this preorder system even valid as it not the original.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Bummer so do you feel there is a huge chance we won'the be getting our pick up email and just have to keep calling stores?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I went to a local BB to ask if they had any replacements available, the girl I spoke with said they won't be available until Wednesday. I explained I did my return last week, and that I was never put on any kind of reservation list for a replacement.

I asked if they were doing any kind of reservations or list, and they finally put me into the "pre-order" process to reserve my replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci