Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm finally back home and stopped by Best Buy and sure enough they were every bit as clueless as I thought they would be. They told me I had to go back to the store I picked it up from. I told them even though the order was online and I just picked it up from the other BB? They said yes. I am pretty much sure that this is bull****. I didn't feel like arguing and they said they didn't have any replacements yet anyway. Finding a knowledgeable person at BB is a needle in a haystack.

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I called the Knoxville, TN store this afternoon & they said it would be this Wednesday. I was the first AT&T customer on the list. No email or calls so far.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Yeah you can return it anywhere so they definitely were bsing! I had a chat session with best buy online guys and they said stores will get them on 21st. I also spoke to a best buy store in MA and he said if they come on Wednesday they can't give shipment info to me prior to that however since I did preorder I could get an email Tuesday night if they come in on Wednesday... I don't believe that lol. I thought the preorder stuff is scanned in the store. 3 more days to get to the bottom of this fiasco lol.

djarchow

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
We have two silver Verizon Note 7s on recall preorder. Today (9/18), I received an email saying one of my phones is in and I have until the 27th to come pick it up.

Last edited:

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Paid my At&t note off today by calling 611 from my phone.
Talked to customer support. I've had my phone for over a month.
Made my 1st payment Saturday.
Hope I can get my note 7 replaced with a unlocked note 7 phone.
Don't want anybody at the store saying anything.
I got a confirmation email from At&t stating it's paid off and the receipt.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah you can return it anywhere so they definitely were bsing! I had a chat session with best buy online guys and they said stores will get them on 21st. I also spoke to a best buy store in MA and he said if they come on Wednesday they can't give shipment info to me prior to that however since I did preorder I could get an email Tuesday night if they come in on Wednesday... I don't believe that lol. I thought the preorder stuff is scanned in the store. 3 more days to get to the bottom of this fiasco lol.

Thanks - someone also said on the BB forum as well that it was BS. I hate this so much. I guess I will try to go to a store to pre-order something.... They didn't ask for a credit card number or anything, did they? I don't want to hand in my Note7 until I get one back in return. I can see it getting lost in the Best Buy Black Hole.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
They did not ask for any credit card or payment and surprisingly they had my name, address, etc in their database. Yeah I hope this isn't a black hole either. I will begin calling starting tomorrow again.

nickwith9

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
plus the new ad that came out today says they are giving the gear vr away when you buy a new note 7 too. so we should all do returns and new buys with the replacements and get them too.

Chevanlol360

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Paid my At&t note off today by calling 611 from my phone.
Talked to customer support. I've had my phone for over a month.
Made my 1st payment Saturday.
Hope I can get my note 7 replaced with a unlocked note 7 phone.
Don't want anybody at the store saying anything.
I got a confirmation email from At&t stating it's paid off and the receipt.
I feel like they're gonna make a big deal about it. You should of just kept the phone until the 29th, return the device to at&t for a refund and got an unlocked note 7 from best buy or wherever you wanna go. Idk i guess it depends on who you end uo having to deal with, it could go bad or good.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I feel like they're gonna make a big deal about it. You should of just kept the phone until the 29th, return the device to at&t for a refund and got an unlocked note 7 from best buy or wherever you wanna go. Idk i guess it depends on who you end uo having to deal with, it could go bad or good.
I will DIAL 611 from my phone, get at&t customer service on the phone and let them talk to at&t.
And at&t is suppose to be releasing them .

I've had the phone for a month.
Elsewhere I will go up the road a couple miles to at&t store.
Not gonna give up easy.
I don't work. So I don't have to be anywhere.

Chevanlol360

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I will DIAL 611 from my phone, get at&t customer service on the phone and let them talk to at&t.

Not gonna give up easy.
If you want it unlocked, since its paid off im pretty sure at&t themselves can unlock it but if you wanna switch it to a unbranded fully unlocked non at&t phone, lol good luck.

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site

Not gonna give up easy.

When I first bought the note 7 my store didn't have any unlocked phones at all.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Prior to the recall, the factory unlocked devices were supposed to release around the first weekend of September. But as with everything else, because of the recall, that has been pushed back as well.

I've been without my note7 for about 2 weeks at this point. I am anxious to get it back, but you now raise a good point. I may have to wait it out a little longer, and see if Best Buy will carry any factory unlocked phones, shortly.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Correct. I input the order number and so on then I get a message that it can't be found here and to call customer service. So that's why I find this weird and kind of shady