Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

estockda

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I "pre-ordered" my replacement from my local Best Buy (same store I bought the phone) on Wednesday 9/14.
Got an email this morning saying it was ready for pick-up. Used Smart Switch to backup everything to my SD Card. It did that while I drove there on my lunch break. Swapped out the phone (gave back just the phone, they gave me a new box with all accessories) and am restoring my Smart Switch backup now.

All-in-all, relatively painless experience for me. Sure it was a bit of a hassle, but I'm happy with how it's been handled.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Att already has them in all colors they won't entertain exchanges till 21st is what I was told and I tried to tell them I have my note purchased from them whereas I had got from best buy and they could not find it in system obviously so I'm still stuck waiting on best buy to get them. Fml

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I "pre-ordered" my replacement from my local Best Buy (same store I bought the phone) on Wednesday 9/14.
Got an email this morning saying it was ready for pick-up. Used Smart Switch to backup everything to my SD Card. It did that while I drove there on my lunch break. Swapped out the phone (gave back just the phone, they gave me a new box with all accessories) and am restoring my Smart Switch backup now.

All-in-all, relatively painless experience for me. Sure it was a bit of a hassle, but I'm happy with how it's been handled.
Which carrier are you with?

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I forgot there is a BB Mobile just across the freeway from the BB I bought from, Perhaps I will see what they have to say. (they are on my way home anyway)

Cheers,
BR

I have had better luck encountering semi informed employees at the Mobile branches. Where my ore order went in day after it stared happening. Matter of fact, if you run into a clueless store..... call a store (look up) Happy Valley Oregon Best buy, which is doing ore orders, have the manager explain pfe order to the stores that know nothing LOL

MzKoKoNY

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I went into best buy and placed an preorder arrangement for a new device last week. I just received an email from best buy stating they're contacting me because of my order for a replacement device. Replacement devices will start arriving in stores starting next week and best buy will notify me when my order is ready for pickup with the specified date for pick up. So much for the 21st. Unless by some luck I get an email before the 21st (fingers crossed).

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I went into best buy and placed an preorder arrangement for a new device last week. I just received an email from best buy stating they're contacting me because of my order for a replacement device. Replacement devices will start arriving in stores starting next week and best buy will notify me when my order is ready for pickup with the specified date for pick up. So much for the 21st. Unless by some luck I get an email before the 21st (fingers crossed).

I'd call different BB's, some of them have replacements

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Email was dated today 12:36PM. That means next week in my book!!!

Samsung and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) have announced a recall and exchange program for the Galaxy Note7 after reports of the devices overheating and causing potential harm to users. You recently exchanged your Note7 for a new, interim device at Best Buy. At that time you were registered for a new Note7. The new CPSC – approved Note7s will begin arriving in our stores next week. When your device is available for pick-up, you will receive an email with your specific pick-up date.

I recently exchanged? Still have my same Note 7's I got August 19th. What the heck does this mean?

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
That's odd because the kid sitting right beside me was an at&t customer and had a brand new note 7 in a black box opened up trying to get switched. They were having some kind of issue, but I left before it could be resolved. The Best Buy mobile person said they have the replacement notes.
This was at the Town and Country BB beside Guitar Center as there are 3 BB's in Knoxville

I was the first At&t preorder at that exact store. I haven't heard anything yet.

Last edited:

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this is odd, as I still have my note 7... I never exchanged it. But I did go in and was put on the pre-order list.

"BEST BUY
Samsung and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) have announced a recall and exchange program for the Galaxy Note7 after reports of the devices overheating and causing potential harm to users. You recently exchanged your Note7 for a new, interim device at Best Buy. At that time you were registered for a new Note7. The new CPSC – approved Note7s will begin arriving in our stores next week. When your device is available for pick-up, you will receive an email with your specific pick-up date."

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this is odd, as I still have my note 7... I never exchanged it. But I did go in and was put on the pre-order list.

"BEST BUY
Samsung and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) have announced a recall and exchange program for the Galaxy Note7 after reports of the devices overheating and causing potential harm to users. You recently exchanged your Note7 for a new, interim device at Best Buy. At that time you were registered for a new Note7. The new CPSC – approved Note7s will begin arriving in our stores next week. When your device is available for pick-up, you will receive an email with your specific pick-up date."

Yep I preordered AGAIN the other day. Second time, I am ready to give up.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Email was dated today 12:36PM. That means next week in my book!!!

Samsung and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) have announced a recall and exchange program for the Galaxy Note7 after reports of the devices overheating and causing potential harm to users. You recently exchanged your Note7 for a new, interim device at Best Buy. At that time you were registered for a new Note7. The new CPSC – approved Note7s will begin arriving in our stores next week. When your device is available for pick-up, you will receive an email with your specific pick-up date.

I recently exchanged? Still have my same Note 7's I got August 19th. What the heck does this mean?

"BEST BUY
Did you guys by any chance put your email into that notification site that Best Buy had up, until the official announcement?

I did, but my email from Best Buy says that I should be able to go in by the 21st to pick up a new device. I also did return for a refund at the time, rather than try to exchange, because they weren't exactly offering exchanges at that time.

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you guys by any chance put your email into that notification site that Best Buy had up, until the official announcement?

I did, but my email from Best Buy says that I should be able to go in by the 21st to pick up a new device. I also did return for a refund at the time, rather than try to exchange, because they weren't exactly offering exchanges at that time.

I put my Email in the box on Best Buy site as soon as it appeared, a while back.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I put my Email in the box on Best Buy site as soon as it appeared, a while back.
That's what I figured. I didn't because the guy didn't tell me I had to. I returned mine per the statements, and I had to go back in to ask them to add me to that email list (even though I had already done it from home) and I never got any notifications, until today, and mine reads differently.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
That's what I figured. I didn't because the guy didn't tell me I had to. I returned mine per the statements, and I had to go back in to ask them to add me to that email list (even though I had already done it from home) and I never got any notifications, until today, and mine reads differently.

The email you got today, does it just echo what's on their website?

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Just received the email from Best Buy saying my Note 7 is ready for pickup today. Now I just need to decide if I'm going to keep the "much faster, but boring" iPhone 7, or take it back and get my Note.

MzKoKoNY

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I'd call different BB's, some of them have replacements

Yeah I could do that but the best buy I went to is literally up the block from my house so it's the most convenient. I'm still using my note 7 so I'm not in any particular rush. I just want to get the new one, transfer everything over and move on. Just would be nice to have it my the deadline Samsung stated but we shall see. But thanks tho :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie