Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

Voxelflinger

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I just got an email from Best Buy that one of my phone (Blue) orders will be ready 09/19/2016 at the Store Pickup Counter. Original recall order date was 09/10/2016. If i have time to pick it up tonight I will post. The second one is usually two days later. (BBY Baybrook -Houston, TX)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Did you ask why not? Considering the official statement from Samsung and CPSC says no later than the 21st?

Yeah I asked why he said they have not gotten word from Samsung or the manager to give them out yet....It kinda sounded like the guy was scared to get fired because he didn't know what to do smh

zhingket

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Got the confirmation that my at&t Note 7 black onyx is ready for pickup 9/19, but the problem is that BB where I reserved the replacement is close to my work but far from home and I didn't bring the box and charger ughhhh. Need to wait till tomorrow.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Got the confirmation that my at&t Note 7 black onyx is ready for pickup 9/19, but the problem is that BB where I reserved the replacement is close to my work but far from home and I didn't bring the box and charger ughhhh. Need to wait till tomorrow.

I dont think u need the box and charger do you?

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site

I was concerned about that, I have had the box in my car for almost a week now.. :)

djarchow

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
We have two silver Verizon Note 7s on recall preorder. Today (9/18), I received an email saying one of my phones is in and I have until the 27th to come pick it up.

Since I had only received one email for one of our two note 7s being ready to pickup, I called bestBuy mobile. After getting hung up on twice after telling the voice response system I was calling about a Note 7 (it says you have to go to a store to get help and hangs up); I finally got a rep and after lots of time on hold with her talking to our local store, she said that my store had seen that I had two identical orders placed at the same time and put one of them on hold and so the second phone wasn't actually on order. She called the store back and after another 10 minutes on hold, told me the order had been fixed and I could pick up both phones later today. Let's hope they are both actually there when we go in tonight.

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Since I had only received one email for one of our two note 7s being ready to pickup, I called bestBuy mobile. After getting hung up on twice after telling the voice response system I was calling about a Note 7 (it says you have to go to a store to get help and hangs up); I finally got a rep and after lots of time on hold with her talking to our local store, she said that my store had seen that I had two identical orders placed at the same time and put one of them on hold and so the second phone wasn't actually on order. She called the store back and after another 10 minutes on hold, told me the order had been fixed and I could pick up both phones later today. Let's hope they are both actually there when we go in tonight.

Good Luck.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm trying to stay calm and wait it out until Wednesday to go back to the one Best Buy I got a "pre-order" from.. But I am also itching to get a new device back in my hands, because my current Passport is slowly dying. I was finally able to get the ringer to start working again after almost a week of it not ringing at all when I got a phone call. I would get email and text alerts, but not phone calls. I'm tempted to call over to the original Best Buy store I purchased, and ultimately returned that Note to, to see if they have any yet. When I did my return, the guy said they should have them by the following Monday (it was a Saturday when i took it in), but he never offered to put me on any kind of reservation list for the replacement.

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I also got the "Next week..." email from BB today.

I never exchanged my Note 7... I still have it (powered down) and assume I'll be able to exchange when the new one comes in... but the email says "you recently exchanged your device...." I assume that's just a stock email for everyone in line to get a replacement.

I'm waiting patiently. Just using my still incredibly awesome Note 5 in the meantime :)

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Ok here is my story. I just left Best Buy here in Avon, IN. The mobile manager says that they only have Sprint variants available. I asked about the loaner program, he stated they didn't do loaners. So I show him the email and he just stares at the email in amazement like he's seen a ghost. So I didn't want to push the issue. I asked when could I expect an exchange, he said this Wednesday. He was relieved that I took it so easy. Lol, I guess you rarely would want to make a 6'4", 250lb black guy, angry.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
What the Deal is.
The emails and what's going on , Don't seem to have got out to everybody.
And the people that does know what is happening, Says we are expecting deliveries. But we got no idea when.
I can put your name on a list and I will email you and or call you when it comes in, what color do you want.
I said Antifreeze Green.

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I just got the email from best buy saying my order for the note 7 is ready to be picked up today 9/19. I ordered a black one on att. I'm going to head over there after my son gets out from school to hopefully pick it up. I'll post back later on tonight to verify the email.

blueGN7

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I also got that email:
“Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 9:37 AM
Samsung and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) have announced a recall and exchange program for the Galaxy Note7 after reports of the devices overheating and causing potential harm to users. You recently exchanged your Note7 for a new, interim device at Best Buy. At that time you were registered for a new Note7. The new CPSC – approved Note7s will begin arriving in our stores next week. When your device is available for pick-up, you will receive an email with your specific pick-up date.“

I never was offered an ‘interim device.’
I did register.
I hope they actually have it by Wednesday, 9-21-2016 rather than the stated “next week” which would be 9-26-2016 soonest!

wpd214

May 15, 2011
Visit site
got an email from BB to pick mine up today. I walked in with just my at&t branded phone, no accessories. Walked out with the new phone, box, and all accessories. Very simple process. I am very thankful to have a safe device. The had about 50 note 7's in there. The manager said they were only to replace recalled units. Not for sale yet.

RabiesBaby

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I went to BB yesterday and got a loaner s7 edge. I already miss my note. Anyway, I asked about the gear vr promo and whether or not I'd get one for the s7 edge. The BB guy said that would get one when I pick up my new note 7. That didn't sound right to me. Has anyone else heard of this "promotion"?