Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
While I was getting my N7 exchanged for a replacement N7 today tat BB, here were people that did not even buy theirs from BB trying to get exchanges. One was a guy with a Tmo N7 he bought from Tmo. The BB guy explained they could not do it since have no originating record in their POS for non BB purchases.

The guy said Tmo was not indicating when they would get replacements, but seems should be this week as others in US.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I am glad I got mine even though it meant being stuck in traffic and paying taxes because the other stores don't have att blue in the area yet.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
For those that still have not gotten theirs, you do not have to sit and wait for the email to go pick up the phone. Just call different Best Buys in your area, because Best Buys are starting to get them. If one has them you can just go in to get it replaced.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
For those that still have not gotten theirs, you do not have to sit and wait for the email to go pick up the phone. Just call different Best Buys in your area, because Best Buys are starting to get them. If one has them you can just go in to get it replaced.

That is what I did. No email sent yet, since they just got them in.

geekstergrl

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Picked mine up today. Took 2 hours, as staff had not been trained on the process. Luckily, I got a smart rep that wouldn't give up until she figured it out.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, went to BB. I have a past due account... unable to do the exchange until the account is current.

My family split payments for the bill... so I gotta wait until one of my family members come with her portion.

Very disappointing... i don't understand why it can't be a simple scan one in and scan the other out type of situation.

That is absolutely ridiculous! This is a CPSC mandatory recall; they have to exchange it. I can see them suspending your phone service, but not refusing a mandatory recall. I would get the name of store manager and report them to the CPSC.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
That is absolutely ridiculous! This is a CPSC mandatory recall; they have to exchange it. I can see them suspending your phone service, but not refusing a mandatory recall. I would get the name of store manager and report them to the CPSC.
There is an update that is being pushed out that updates the icon to green. I got my update immediately.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
My cousin who is also in the same area as me is struggling to find blue att note 7 at best buy to exchange hers out.. either stores already ran out and she has to wait or don't have them at all plus don't know the ETA still. I recommend those who are planning to exchange to get on it quick if you want choice I guess :/

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

Yes, ridiculous indeed.

I didn't even bother going back to that particularly BB, went to a different one to process the return. They are treating the exchanges as a new upgrade. When I already did the upgrade already to get the Note7 and all it needs to be done is a swap. But BB literally has to do it over again. Return the Note7, have AT&T manually process it for a new upgrade, then... be able to scan in for a new Note7.

I think if I ordered the Note7 from AT&T.. then perhaps they could have tweaked the system some kind of way. But since BB is not necessarily a carrier, then they don't have the system in place to override an error. If anything, I just think the whole process doesn't make any sense.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I didn't swap for a loaner which means I didn't get on the reserve list for when they came in this week (today). Went to AT&T and they wanted nothing to do with me whom I been with since 1996. I refuse to do a loaner and wait another week before they get more. This has turned into a nightmare. Never going to Best Buy again for a phone.

Liquid7

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Just picked up my new Note 7 at BB. Traded in old one 11days ago for S7E. Pre ordered new Note yesterday and got the email around 1pm today. In and out in about 30 min. Took the S7E I got 11 days ago back with no restocking fee or hassle. Treated it just like a loaner at an ATT store. And i actually got 10 bucks back for the cheap case i bought for the S7E. Plus I kept all the accessories from the original Note 7. Needless to say this best buy has earned my business from this point forward.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
My cousin who is also in the same area as me is struggling to find blue att note 7 at best buy to exchange hers out.. either stores already ran out and she has to wait or don't have them at all plus don't know the ETA still. I recommend those who are planning to exchange to get on it quick if you want choice I guess :/

That shouldn't be the case.

If BB is doing it correctly.... then each Note7 who has been requested is already spoken for. I know if I had got an email indicating my Note7 was ready for pick up... and it wasn't there. They would most definitely have to explain themselves... and I would request a gift card for the trouble.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
It should not matter they should replace it regardless. If they don't agree I would get samsung on the phone while at the store.

Well, yeah.. they should replace it with a S7 or S7e. But if a customer come expecting a Note7 without having one requested... then that customer shouldn't take blame with Best Buy if there isn't any Note7s for that particular customer.

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
No problem! I got an email this morning that I need to take another picture of my receipt and resubmit it because they can't see my date of purchase on it. Going to have to wait till I get home for that.

Thanks for posting this info. I went in and submitted for the sd card. Last month I went with the gear fit 2 and I don't know how much I like it. Coming from a fitbit the instability of the stair counter and kind of regretting the card originally. I'm glad I had a second chance. I'll report back when I get the approval email.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance