Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

DroidBoi22

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I got my new Note 7 a couple days ago. Long story short, I originally bought my Note 7 from BB. About a week ago, I swapped it out for an S7E at BB. I kept the the s-pen, charger, and everything else that it came with, even the box. BB didn't hassle me at all. Just gave them my phone and got the S7E plus the price difference refunded to my card. I was then given a $100 BB gift card for their S7E promo. When I got home I also to applied for the S7E Samsung VR/256GB card promo from Samsung. Fast forward to a couple days ago, BB didn't have the replacement Note 7 available for public. They had them in stock only for the people that pre-ordered the replacement. Since my S7E was under the 14 day period though, I did a normal return on my S7E because the Verizon store had the replacement Note 7's available for public. I still got to keep the $100 BB gift card. He was also nice and somehow waived the $35 restocking fee. Then I went to the Verizon store and repurchased the replacement Note 7. So I basically kept all my gifts and accessories and got my new Note 7 right away. I'm also gonna enter my new Note 7 for the Samsung promo and get a 256GB card. It's been time consuming, but I'm def not complaining lol. This is for the BB at Mall of America @ MN btw. :cool:

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I still haven't heard anything from my Bestbuy on my second 'preorder'. (They botched it and skipped over me because they thought it was a duplicate order, and had to 're-preorder'.) I'm starting to get antsy because on Tuesday the girl said they were going to start selling to the general public again on Saturday, the 24th. :-\

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks! I'll try calling Verizon. Since it is actually Samsung that ends up paying this elusive $25, I was hoping it could be a BBY credit or GC rather than a carrier (Verizon) credit. Not sure how I could actually use a Verizon credit since I have a prepaid acct. where I auto pay the charges at the start of each billing month. So, I never have a statement to pay where the credit can be deducted. Verizon has screwed up my billing a couple times already so, if I try to get them to apply the credit so next month I pay $25 less, I anticipate much trouble & errors. Can't see any (overpriced) item I want to buy in the Verizon store.

Yes, but had to pre-order the replacement GN7 in person.

Yep I had to call Verizon yesterday and they gave me $41 credit. They were pushing for accessories credit, but I wasn't having it. My bill is already high enough lol.

Has anyone had any luck getting the blue coral note 7 from Best Buy for the exchange?

Already mentioned, I believe most stores are getting black and blue versions. I was successful exchanging black for blue although I wanted silver. But I'm liking the blue.

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Already mentioned, I believe most stores are getting black and blue versions. I was successful exchanging black for blue although I wanted silver. But I'm liking the blue.

My store was the reverse- they had a few extra silver and no extra blue or black. (Albeit Sprint rather than Verizon.) Luck of the draw, I guess.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks! I'll try calling Verizon. Since it is actually Samsung that ends up paying this elusive $25, I was hoping it could be a BBY credit or GC rather than a carrier (Verizon) credit. Not sure how I could actually use a Verizon credit since I have a prepaid acct. where I auto pay the charges at the start of each billing month. So, I never have a statement to pay where the credit can be deducted. Verizon has screwed up my billing a couple times already so, if I try to get them to apply the credit so next month I pay $25 less, I anticipate much trouble & errors. Can't see any (overpriced) item I want to buy in the Verizon store.

Yes, but had to pre-order the replacement GN7 in person.

Has anyone had any luck getting the blue coral note 7 from Best Buy for the exchange?

My store was the reverse- they had a few extra silver and no extra blue or black. (Albeit Sprint rather than Verizon.) Luck of the draw, I guess.

Im on Verizon, so i guess VZW models received mostly black and blue cant be to sure.

estockda

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone originally pay for their phone with a 2-year contract?
I did with Sprint and noticed after my exchange my new contract date is the exchange date, 9/19 (instead of the original purchase date, 8/19). They reversed the upgrade and started over. I don't think my contract should be extended a month over this.

Anyway, I called Sprint and after transferring me from Customer Care to the Order Dept, they told me I had to call Best Buy because they "pay the contract." I also asked about the $25 carrier credit and the guy (albeit this was the Order Dept) said it only applied to people switching from the Note7 to the S7/S7 Edge (which I know is wrong).

So two questions for the forum:
  1. Has anyone dealt with a contract issue like this before? Any positive resolution advise or am I stuck with it?
  2. Does anyone have a link from a Sprint website where it says we get a $25 credit for exchanging our Note7s. I see it on Best Buy's website and even Samsung's but it's not specific to Sprint. Anything I've found on Sprint.com has been updated on Sept 20th and stripped of most details.

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone originally pay for their phone with a 2-year contract?
I did with Sprint and noticed after my exchange my new contract date is the exchange date, 9/19 (instead of the original purchase date, 8/19). They reversed the upgrade and started over. I don't think my contract should be extended a month over this.

Anyway, I called Sprint and after transferring me from Customer Care to the Order Dept, they told me I had to call Best Buy because they "pay the contract." I also asked about the $25 carrier credit and the guy (albeit this was the Order Dept) said it only applied to people switching from the Note7 to the S7/S7 Edge (which I know is wrong).

So two questions for the forum:
  1. Has anyone dealt with a contract issue like this before? Any positive resolution advise or am I stuck with it?
  2. Does anyone have a link from a Sprint website where it says we get a $25 credit for exchanging our Note7s. I see it on Best Buy's website and even Samsung's but it's not specific to Sprint. Anything I've found on Sprint.com has been updated on Sept 20th and stripped of most details.

I am having a problem getting my 2 $25 dollars credit for my 2 note 7's. Best buy said it was going to be their gift cards and now saying Verizon credit. I thought the problems were over. Guess not.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Best Buy said they was taking in my Old Note 7 and paying it off.
And giving me a new Note 7 and putting it on the next plan.
I asked if I would loose the time I had already paid,
They said no.
I really, really don't care.
I used the phone for a month.
And I got a brand new phone.
I would of easily paid more than that to get a new note 7.
I never asked about the 25.00 credit cause I didn't care.
25.00 is not enough money for me to get concerned about.
I go out to Whataburger and eat a meal and its 8.00

I don't feel like I lost anything.

To you it may be a Big Deal.
But for what all you have to go thew to worry about it.
Its not worth my time.

homer813

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Best Buy said they was taking in my Old Note 7 and paying it off.
And giving me a new Note 7 and putting it on the next plan.
I asked if I would loose the time I had already paid,
They said no.
I really, really don't care.
I used the phone for a month.
And I got a brand new phone.
I would of easily paid more than that to get a new note 7.
I never asked about the 25.00 credit cause I didn't care.
25.00 is not enough money for me to get concerned about.
I go out to Whataburger and eat a meal and its 8.00

I don't feel like I lost anything.

To you it may be a Big Deal.
But for what all you have to go thew to worry about it.
Its not worth my time.

This looks like a poem.

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Finally got my note 7!! Had to go to AT&T to exchange it. I had the blue and wanted to keep the same color. Every Best Buy in my area either had black or they where sold out. So I took it to AT&T store and told them I bought it from a third party. For some reason if you tell them you got it from Best Buy they tell you that you will you have to return it to them. The only thing she did was a managers override and I got it. On another note I went to best buy afterwards to see why AT&T does not accept phones from them and they said it's because of the next plan. If you want to return it for something else when your plan is up the serial numbers wont match because a swap instead of a back out and refund was done.

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I went to the best buy in NJ trying to see if I can get a Note 7.i originally got it from Target and already returned to the same store. I told the BB mobile rep that I had I wanted to get a replacement even though I already returned it. (I didn't tell him I bought from Target). He said I have to put my name down for pre-order. There's a list of people ahead of me but when they get more stock in I'll get an email that it's ready for pickup up. He speculated I may get the email notice next week. I got my fingers crossed.

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Absolute train wreck, fustercluck of a 2-hour return saga at Gainesville, VA location! Dude wanted to call Verizon support 3 times and each time there was at least a 15 minute wait time each time. Don't these stores have a special hotline they call at the various carriers. It's astounding they are required to "wait in line" with the general public phone queues! I kept mentioning to the guy that I bought the phone at retail and had no contract (on a month to month plan to retain unlimited data) so there shouldn't be anything needed from Verizon but he insisted in making this a difficult process. Throughout the 2 hours he had to call over a total of 4 other co-workers for assistance and finally got to the point of ringing up the exchange and it came out to me owing BB $53 so that was yet more time to figure it all out. I had envisioned going into BB, swapping out sims and transferring data in 15 minutes tops. 2 hours was a waste of time. No apologies for all the issues and wasted time. Top it off, my first experience with Samsung Smart Switch was anything but smart. Does this not transfer over application data? Such a pain to setup all my 2-factor accounts again and enter all those passwords for a ton of apps. Exhausting but at least my phone won't explode now, right?

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I've still yet to get an exchange/replacement from Best Buy, and I 'preordered' on the 15th (which they messed up and cancelled thinking it was a duplicate) and did a second 'preorder reservation' on the 20th. :(

Is anyone else still waiting for their replacements from Best Buy? This has been a nightmare.