Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Best Buy Returns?

I picked up my replacement on 9/21 so I'm just outside of the normal return window of 15 days. If Best Buy ends up allowing returns I'll just return the Note 7 and stick with my backup Nexus 6p.
I got mine on 9/20 and they returned it with no hassle whatsoever.

RabiesBaby

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I honestly thought this thread was dead. In light of the recent new Note7 failures does anyone know if best buy is going to allow returns of the replacement Note7s?

mag44

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I honestly thought this thread was dead. In light of the recent new Note7 failures does anyone know if best buy is going to allow returns of the replacement Note7s?

Pure speculation but I doubt that they'll do anything unless there is an official second recall. It was hard enough to get them to replace they were required to. As much as I would like to avoid carrier stores, this will probably be the last phone purchase that I make at Best Buy. The carriers have some incentive to provide customer service outside of the 14 day return period and Best Buy could care less. Personally, I'm just waiting until there is some official word on these most recent fires other than Verge articles.

NCTRNL2

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Well considering AT&T is honoring returns, I would think some concession would be made for anyone with an AT&T phone regardless of where they purchased it. Of course...I am assuming that common sense will play into this...which sadly it won't.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
On the phones catching on fire
All the notes they have showed
Non of them was in a case.
So has these notes been dropped.
And that is the problem

I'm on my 2nd note 7.
Haven't had a problem wirh either one.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
On the phones catching on fire
All the notes they have showed
Non of them was in a case.
So has these notes been dropped.
And that is the problem

I'm on my 2nd note 7.
Haven't had a problem wirh either one.

I'm sure every burned/exploded phone user has said that prior to the incident 'they never had a problem with it'. I'm not sure why so many people are willing to play the lottery concerning personal/public property damage or family safety? Luckily I'm within the 14 day Best Buy return policy. It's going back today at lunch. Like everyone, I'm saddened. The phone 'appeared' to be the perfect phone.

NCTRNL2

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Was planning on going by tonight and returning mine. Does anyone know if they're honoring returns outside the normal 14 days yet? I assume they will eventually if not already. Just over this whole thing.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Not giving mine up.
Don't get on planes or trains.
They will have to have a replacement.

This is how I feel. I love this phone. I have never had a high end phone. Always went with the free one so I love this phone. I don't want to give it up. Yes the battery scares me a bit. I also bought mine at best buy and I know it is going to be a problem exchange. I have 4 days left on my 14 day exchange so this scares me a bit that after that I'm totally screwed. I also would want the v20 if I have to exchange it and that's not even available yet. I have no temporary phone to use if I do return it because we just switched to at&t last Friday. So all these issues has me half crazy. Bottom line is I really don't want to get rid of this phone.

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
This is how I feel. I love this phone. I have never had a high end phone. Always went with the free one so I love this phone. I don't want to give it up. Yes the battery scares me a bit. I also bought mine at best buy and I know it is going to be a problem exchange. I have 4 days left on my 14 day exchange so this scares me a bit that after that I'm totally screwed. I also would want the v20 if I have to exchange it and that's not even available yet. I have no temporary phone to use if I do return it because we just switched to at&t last Friday. So all these issues has me half crazy. Bottom line is I really don't want to get rid of this phone.

Thanks for posting. Will wait a couple of days for the news to trickle down to the stores and return. Not interested in the S7 edge. I'll just wait and see if Samsung reissues the Note 7 again.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Just stopped by my local BB. They know about the return and would have no issues returning my replacement note7 I got on the 20th. This time they they do want the box and all the accessories.

Also, I asked about the free TV if you have Verizon.. Yep still eligible to get the TV if I switch to the S7E

Last edited:

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Was planning on going by tonight and returning mine. Does anyone know if they're honoring returns outside the normal 14 days yet? I assume they will eventually if not already. Just over this whole thing.

I returned mine for a full refund without question 2 days outside of my 14 day return period this morning. Back on my Note 5 and glad to be over with the drama.

RabiesBaby

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I really don't want to give my phone up but I have little kids and I'd be a fool to endanger them with this phone. My phone hasn't gotten warm at all but there's still that big what if hanging over me so I think it's best just to get rid of it. I got the S7 Edge as a loaner phone and I really didn't like so I have no idea what phone to move on to. I got the note on a bogo with the s7 edge and I'm rather confused if the credit will still apply to my account if I go to a different phone.

This really sucks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira