Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so I just found this thread tonight and want to share...
I preordered the n7. I went in to BB on 9/30 to exchange the recalled phone (an email from BB originally stated that I must do this by 9/30) to which they put my name on a waiting list (no interim phone offered) and told me that they would call me when they get the next shipment, which would be in a couple of days. They made it crystal clear that I could pick any phone that I wanted for the exchange, that ALL they needed was the phone itself (no receipt, no cords, no box, no free gift I'd received). I expressed my concern that I was passing the 9/30 date from the email and they assured me that because of the entire situation, dates are not an issue....especially the initial purchase date. Irrelevant.
Today (6pm-ish) I finally received that call from BB. Of course the call was not to come and pick up my replacement n7. :( It was to advise me (to which I've known for a couple days now) to return my n7 for another phone. Everything I previously explained above still stands, they confirmed...with the exception of...I have until Friday, THIS FRIDAY, to return the phone through BB. They said that they just learned today that that is their deadline to work with customers through the store to resolve the issue. If I do not exchange my phone in-store by Friday, I will then have to work directly with Samsung to resolve it! This concerns me.
I am definitely rearranging my schedule to get to BB by Friday. I switched from Motorola to try this amazing new phone and love it, but looks like I'm going back to Motorola. I am concerned that if forced to deal directly with Samsung, my choices would be limited.
Wish me luck tomorrow!
I'll update and hope this information helps someone.

They likely told you that because they want you to get it overwith asap. I say that, because one of my local best buys and samsung rep said they are still getting information as the day goes on. This was around 4pm eastern time. They both mentioned that it will likely be no less than a month window to hold onto your Note to find an alternative. Some reports say till the end of the year. Point being it's still too early to know absolute details because not everyone is on the same page. And as we've learned through the development of this thread, many if not most Best Buys, tend to make up their own rules on how they feel is best to handle any situation, let alone this one.

If you can, I would seek out the best buy public forums via Google or reach out to their support via FB or Twitter and see if they give you a corporate statement as far as deadlines are concerned. As someone else already mentioned, unless you're flying, you should still have some time past this Friday.

zcookj

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
I agree. This was the first time I purchased a phone through BB and I will definitely only purchase through Verizon, my carrier, from now on. Lesson learned.

djarchow

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone that applied for the BestBuy/Note 7 Verizon BOGO offer gotten any information from VZW about how they will handle the switch to a new/different phone? When we got our first replacement phones I had to send in new photos of the box bar codes for the new Note 7s and they said the rebate would continue processing.

Now with having to switch to a completely different phone I have asked them what phones I can switch to and still get the rebate and they appear clueless. The rep yesterday didn't even seem to understand the recall and kept telling me to get another Note 7. Finally I got her to understand the problem and she said I can switch to any phones I want (even an iphone) and still get the rebate. This didn't seem right so I called again today and got another rep who said it was was up to best buy to decide what were valid phones and I should call them. I said 'you are the ones who will actually approve or deny the rebate so you should be able to tell me the criteria for approval.' Finally he said as long as it is any Samsung phone the approval should be OK as it isn't my fault the Note 7 was recalled. I don't know if I believe this either.

I am not sold on the S7E and might consider going with a different phone (maybe Pixel, or V20) if I am not going to get the $672 rebate from the BOGO. Has anyone gotten an useful info from VZW about the BOGO rebate process and new phones?

Thanks!

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Since BestBuy issued the statement that they will take back accessories as well outside of the return time, has anyone been able to return them without the original packaging ? I can print the receipt from the Web site so I have that but no longer have the packaging that the original LED View Case came in.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
For those that got the BB Geek Squad coverage, did BB reimburse?

thx

If you're returning the device completely, they should also reimburse for this. It happened for me during the first recall. I purchased everything outright, so I got 100% full refund for everything. I would guess you need to have the same CC you put the coverage on for them to properly credit you.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm about to just say forget all this hassle... I'm so very annoyed.

I wanted to go for an unlocked S7Edge from Best Buy to replace my Note7. The only one they had in store was the Titanium/Sliver. I don't like the look of that one. I was told there is a black one available. I was told I'd have to order it online, but should be able to pick it up in store. Turns out, I can only have it shipped to my house directly. That means I'd have to buy another device outright and then wait for it to arrive, in order to return my note 7 for the refund.

This is annoying.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Agree, this is a pain. I'm waiting for the v20 to return my n7 via what the att salesperson said. That has me a nervous wreck thinking they will sell out on the release day or something else will happen. I just want this all done and over.

I'll be honest.... I'm not a fan of the edge screen and goods back. Just something easier to break

nick112288

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Those who have exchanged, and pre-ordered the original one.

The $50 we had to put down on the pre-order. I know we got that on the gift card, which we then were able to apply to the initial purchase, did you get that back? I just called and asked and they said we paid the $50 but we got that back on the gift card.

Well not really because we then had to apply it to the phone when we initially picked it up. Does this make sense?

Hunan

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone that applied for the BestBuy/Note 7 Verizon BOGO offer gotten any information from VZW about how they will handle the switch to a new/different phone? When we got our first replacement phones I had to send in new photos of the box bar codes for the new Note 7s and they said the rebate would continue processing.

Now with having to switch to a completely different phone I have asked them what phones I can switch to and still get the rebate and they appear clueless. The rep yesterday didn't even seem to understand the recall and kept telling me to get another Note 7. Finally I got her to understand the problem and she said I can switch to any phones I want (even an iphone) and still get the rebate. This didn't seem right so I called again today and got another rep who said it was was up to best buy to decide what were valid phones and I should call them. I said 'you are the ones who will actually approve or deny the rebate so you should be able to tell me the criteria for approval.' Finally he said as long as it is any Samsung phone the approval should be OK as it isn't my fault the Note 7 was recalled. I don't know if I believe this either.

I am not sold on the S7E and might consider going with a different phone (maybe Pixel, or V20) if I am not going to get the $672 rebate from the BOGO. Has anyone gotten an useful info from VZW about the BOGO rebate process and new phones?

Thanks!

I called before exchanging my original N7s and was told Verizon is aware of the problem with the note so it should not affect the rebate. I have the terms of the rebate, phones must be active for at least 45 days, the two lines must be active for six months.

So the rebate is good. I got an email rwo days ago stating that the rebate is valid and the card will be sent in 14 days.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm about to just say forget all this hassle... I'm so very annoyed.

I wanted to go for an unlocked S7Edge from Best Buy to replace my Note7. The only one they had in store was the Titanium/Sliver. I don't like the look of that one. I was told there is a black one available. I was told I'd have to order it online, but should be able to pick it up in store. Turns out, I can only have it shipped to my house directly. That means I'd have to buy another device outright and then wait for it to arrive, in order to return my note 7 for the refund.

This is annoying.

I got a titanium silver.
When you look at it close. It's a great color.
Goes with every color out there too.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I got a titanium silver.
When you look at it close. It's a great color.
Goes with every color out there too.

My cousin has it too, and I was messing around with it yesterday. It's just not my taste. It's too flashy for me. Ultimately, if I am paying for a device I didn't really want to begin with, but it's the next best option, at least give me the color I want. Is that really too much to ask at this point in it all?

I guess it is, according to Best Buy.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
My cousin has it too, and I was messing around with it yesterday. It's just not my taste. It's too flashy for me. Ultimately, if I am paying for a device I didn't really want to begin with, but it's the next best option, at least give me the color I want. Is that really too much to ask at this point in it all?

I guess it is, according to Best Buy.
With the 1st recall, and everybody getting S7Edge, and everybody buying them before and after.
And now the 2nd recall.
You really think you can be so picky.
Wow.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
With the 1st recall, and everybody getting S7Edge, and everybody buying them before and after.
And now the 2nd recall.
You really think you can be so picky.
Wow.

Considering it is my money that I am using to pay for this, yes. I have every right to be picky about what I want to spend my money on, and have to use for at least the next year possibly 2 years.

I'd gladly take the pink if you or someone else was paying for it.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I am in the same boat I need to return led case but I have the order email but no package. I'll try to return it this weekend.

I lucked out at my best buy and got the pink gold color s7 edge of my choice. They had only 1 more left since lot of people are getting them now.

I asked best buy about the $100 credit and they said they are not aware of it. :/

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Just wasted 2 hours in a best buy store trying to get a phone. Finally gave up & walked out. This was probably the slowest, & most incompetent group of employees ever. I will never shop at best buy again after tonight.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Just wasted 2 hours in a best buy store trying to get a phone. Finally gave up & walked out. This was probably the slowest, & most incompetent group of employees ever. I will never shop at best buy again after tonight.

You walk in after work and think they ain't gonna be busy.
I would of been there 1st thing in the morning during the week.
When you was the 1st person.
These people can't wait on a crowd without people having to wait and getting upset.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Considering it is my money that I am using to pay for this, yes. I have every right to be picky about what I want to spend my money on, and have to use for at least the next year possibly 2 years.

I'd gladly take the pink if you or someone else was paying for it.

Yes this is how I feel as well. This is a phone I'm going to have for two years or more. So if I want a certain color then I'm just going to have to keep the Note 7 till the Pink Gold comes back in stock. Heck I can't even get a Note 5 64GB either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital