Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes this is how I feel as well. This is a phone I'm going to have for two years or more. So if I want a certain color then I'm just going to have to keep the Note 7 till the Pink Gold comes back in stock. Heck I can't even get a Note 5 64GB either.

I hear note 5 are great sellers right now tool.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Yes this is how I feel as well. This is a phone I'm going to have for two years or more. So if I want a certain color then I'm just going to have to keep the Note 7 till the Pink Gold comes back in stock. Heck I can't even get a Note 5 64GB either.

I thought about going for the note 5, but I have a feeling I might end up maxing it out since there is no SD slot.

djarchow

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I called before exchanging my original N7s and was told Verizon is aware of the problem with the note so it should not affect the rebate. I have the terms of the rebate, phones must be active for at least 45 days, the two lines must be active for six months.

So the rebate is good. I got an email rwo days ago stating that the rebate is valid and the card will be sent in 14 days.

I got an email from another rep tonight and she said that I have to switch to either an s7 or an s7 edge. If I do not, they will refuse my rebate or if they have already sent me the card, bill me back the $672. Where can I find the offer details.

Thanks!

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I traded my v10 in when I got the note 7 at the att store so I guess I'm screwed?
funny thing is...when I go to my Verizon online account it shows my new Note 7 is also eligible for an upgrade. I am wondering if this is a glitch with the recall.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I would like to ask you Verizon customers who can access their account online to check something for me please. When I check my account it shows my Note 7 upgrade eligible. I am wondering if this is a glitch that would allow me to pre order the V20 now and just hold onto my note 20 till it arrives.:cool:

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I would like to ask you Verizon customers who can access their account online to check something for me please. When I check my account it shows my Note 7 upgrade eligible. I am wondering if this is a glitch that would allow me to pre order the V20 now and just hold onto my note 20 till it arrives.:cool:

Someone had the same thing on att so he preordered it and then he got charged. So he is going to call them and get it straightened out

zcookj

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
It looks like that is the case, ggrr8t. I checked my Verizon account and I'm upgrade eligible now, as well. I was on payments and it says paid off...I think they purposely did that so we can order a new phone without too much hassle.

Oh, and a follow-up from last night's message, I spoke with a BB manager today and the date for returns through the stores was extended past the Oct 15th date (on the 13th I was told I has until the 15th). I'm sure there will be more changes along the way!!

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I saw the AC news article that Samsung is offering a $100 credit to those who exchange their note 7 for a Samsung S7/S7E phone. Does anyone know if that credit is being offered/honored by BB? Thx

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I saw the AC news article that Samsung is offering a $100 credit to those who exchange their note 7 for a Samsung S7/S7E phone. Does anyone know if that credit is being offered/honored by BB? Thx
It's a bill credit and will be honored from your carrier. BB has nothing to do with it.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
It's a bill credit and will be honored from your carrier. BB has nothing to do with it.

According to the BB store manager and the Samsung phone CSR, BB does have to verify that you have done a proper exchange, and they will note it to your account for it to be properly credited.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know what is or isn't necessary for the return with Best Buy this time around? Are we able to hold one to the inbox accessories?

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what is or isn't necessary for the return with Best Buy this time around? Are we able to hold one to the inbox accessories?
In general, I've observed for both the 1st and 2nd round of returns that BB has not been much concerned about the accessories or even the box in some cases (but having the box on hand tends to keep the issue of accessories from coming up while executing the transaction). I've found that just plopping the N7 in the box sans accessories works fine. From BB's and Samsung's perspective its really about getting the N7 off the street, especially since now it is certain the accessories will not be re-packaged with "refurbished" or open box merch. Consider them a parting gift from Samsung and a little memento from the greatest debacle in the history of mobile tech.

Hunan

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered 2 S7 Edges on Best Buy website. Had to make 2 orders because when I added the 2nd Edge there was no free TV added with it.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
My 1st round exchange, i got to keep box and all accessories. Final recall return BB wanted the box and all contents (I did keep my 265 sd card) BB stated on their site that you get to keep any free gift from your Note purchase.

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, my best buy didn't care about the box or accessories during either recall, and I got a free 32" Samsung L.E.D. Smart tv. Waiting to get the approval for the free Gear VR, had to call Samsung for that though, because it's past the promo date.

djarchow

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
My son and I both want (actually don't want to but have to) switch to the S7E. Our local best buy only had one and can't order any more. Almost all the stores in the state are sold out. Man, what a mess. I just spent 3 hours at best buy and still didn't get a phone.

I was going to switch mine out tonight and order his.Verizon had applied some charge to our account and then immediately credited it back. However, best buys system only showed the outstanding charge and not the credit and showed it as past due. So they couldn't process the upgrade to the new phone. After 30 minutes on hold with VZW a VZW rep said the charge and credit were something from the return of my other recalled phones. He said they had seen this before and I could fix it by making an advance payment in of the amount of the credit (even though I didn't owe anything) and it would just clear the charge and apply to next months bill. So I did. It didn't fix the problem. The VZW rep gave the BB rep a special VZW number to call to get the block removed. Of course when the BB guy called it, it wasn't a working number.

So back on hold with VZW for almost an hour. Get another VZW rep who seemed to understand what happened but said that BB Core rep was the only one who could override the problem (unless I wanted to wait a month for my next bill pay) and they are only available during the day. So no phone tonight. Then to make it worse, he had already returned my Note and there was no way to undo that since the system won't allow him to sell one back to me. I finally got the store manager to agree to allow me to keep my note till tomorrow even though it was on their inventory now. The BB rep is going to try to get it all resolved tomorrow and will call me when it is all ready to go.

All this for a friggin free TV. I should have just ordered the phones online from VZW and returned them that way.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Question... Would I still get the $100.00 or $75.00 credit if I return my Note 7 at the Sprint store where I purchased it and get the S7 Edge at Best Buy? The reason I want to get it at Best Buy is because I want the Pink Gold which is exclusive.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Question... Would I still get the $100.00 or $75.00 credit if I return my Note 7 at the Sprint store where I purchased it and get the S7 Edge at Best Buy? The reason I want to get it at Best Buy is because I want the Pink Gold which is exclusive.

You should be able to because you are getting another Samsung phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara