10-24-2016 08:17 AM
233 12345 ...
tools
    No, sorry. I returned mine to the local store where I bought it.
    09-09-2016 06:55 PM
    Went to my local's sam's tonite to exchange it for a 7 Edge but their system was down. Have to go back tomorrow.

Can we exchange this at an ATT store or does it have to be Sam's?
    09-09-2016 08:23 PM
    I sae a few pages back that someone exchanged at a att store..
    09-09-2016 09:08 PM
    This is the response I just got from Sam's about the recall:

"We have been made aware of the problem and we are working with the supplier for further direction. We are going to forward your concern to the appropriate merchandising team for further review. We will reach out to you with any applicable update. We appreciate your patience. Thanks!"

Not what I expected..
    I called my local Sam's Club and the only thing I got out of them was the same. What really sucks is that I got the Gear VR 2.0 model for it. The exchange option won't allow use thus I end up with a $100 paperweight until they fix the issue....if they do that is.
    09-10-2016 12:40 AM
    I had read somewhere that they were going to replace all the pre-ordered ones first before they were going to be shipping out the newer corrected models. You may not want to wait.
    09-10-2016 12:47 AM
    Yes. All carriers including Samsung directly have stated that they will accept the exchange even if the phone was damaged. No cost to you.
    09-10-2016 12:51 AM
    I called Samsung this AM given the new Fed involvement and after 20 minutes on hold, I hung up.

I call VZW and they now say the opposite from my last call to them earlier this week: they will take back my SC-purchased N7, provide a loaner and then replace once stock arrives. Corporate stores only.

Now, I need to make the decision:
    - Hold onto my N7 until the new ones are available
    - Go get a loaner, which will be a Samsung J3V

I plan to call my local VZW corporate store to see if they say the same thing as the VZW phone rep.
    09-10-2016 07:53 AM
    I just exchanged my Note 7 that I bought at Sam's on launch day at an AT&T retail store this morning...no hassles at all and I got a S7 Edge as my 'loaner'...

Was a little worried that they might try to stick me with a J series loaner but it never came up....
    09-10-2016 10:27 AM
    you're lucky.
    i went to ATT store yesterday and they said I have to go to Sams club to get that exchange processed since i originally purchased it there even though i chatted with ATT online and they told me it was ok to go the ATT store?
    09-10-2016 01:16 PM
    you're lucky.
    i went to ATT store yesterday and they said I have to go to Sams club to get that exchange processed since i originally purchased it there even though i chatted with ATT online and they told me it was ok to go the ATT store?
    I overhead the rep I was working with talking to the manager and they processed my exchange as an online order or something along those lines. When he saw my contract paper work (which had the Authorized AT&T seller logo on it), he said exchanging it won't be a problem...It did take about 45 minutes from the time I walked in (right when they opened) until I walked out the door though)...They had to call someone to reset my contract after the Note 7 was returned in the system since it still showed the Next program was still active even though he just 'paid it off' on the system. That took the longest to resolve...
    09-10-2016 01:57 PM
    Did you go to a corporate store or a authorized retailer
    09-10-2016 02:26 PM
    Follow-up...

VZW call-cener rep said: No problem, we'll provide you with a Samsung J3V for the mean time, and provide an exchange when stock comes in.

Local VZW store person said: No way. Never heard of providing "loaners", and you'll have to work through Sam's Club, sorry.

Geez, could this be more confounding??

I'll drop back to a statement I said last week: I'll hang with my N7 until somebody has stock for an exchange. Just wait for the smoke to clear.
    09-10-2016 02:39 PM
    It would be nice if Sam's Club would put their policy (for not only us but all stores to see) to provide some guidance and notice of what we can expect. I looked at Sam's website and for AT&T at least they don't even carry the S7, just S6. Not really into exchanging it for that!
    09-10-2016 03:03 PM
    It would be nice if Sam's Club would put their policy (for not only us but all stores to see) to provide some guidance and notice of what we can expect. I looked at Sam's website and for AT&T at least they don't even carry the S7, just S6. Not really into exchanging it for that!
    My local Sams has the both the S7 and S7 Edge in stock (and on display for the various carriers)....
    09-10-2016 03:40 PM
    you're lucky.
    Exact same thing happened to me...smh
    DemarcoLavendel likes this.
    09-10-2016 04:13 PM
    My SC gets the new note 7 stock on this upcoming Monday or Tuesday. I'll fill in with the experience after I do the return.
    09-10-2016 11:50 PM
    I have started posting on Twitter what a joke this recall is. Like the sales rep at Sam's Club told me they are worried about how much this is going to them. I told him this is the last phone I purchase from Sam's Club it really was not worth the hassle for a $150. gift card.
    AT&T tells me it is out of their hands, I didn't buy the phone from them.
    The sales rep at Sam's Club told me to call back to the store to find out if the new Note 7 has come in yet.
    09-11-2016 03:10 PM
    This whole thing has been a nightmare and I blame Samsung for the way they are handling it and the lack of communications to the carriers. I will call my SC in the morning and see what they say but am not too hopeful for an answer. Even if I could refund the phone I stayed on the month to month program so if Sam's doesn't give loaners then what? I wasn't really too concerned until I saw the FAA statement and since I will be flying in a week or so...now I am annoyed.
    09-11-2016 11:41 PM
    I finally caught a break with my SC. Sadly I bought mine while traveling and now have to wait for the store to call me and drive 2 hours to them to replace it. Got manager approval to return without a box... this box is a huge deal so stupid. But just keep asking to speak woth a manager and if that doesn't work I spent an hour on the phone woth Samsung and they will call the store and pretty much say thwy have to take the ohone and exchange it.

Good luck everyone this is a pain and glad when its over
    09-12-2016 08:59 AM
    My issue is with having to drive 2 hours one way for a return. I thought that Sams were like all other resellers that you could return to another location. It's acceptable for everything but cell phones. If I had known that, I would not have purchased the phone while traveling.
    09-12-2016 09:28 AM
    They told me I can return the phone and wait for a new one which means no phone until then. Exchange it for an s7 and be stuck with it and unable to get a new note 7 when they come in or just wait
    09-12-2016 12:09 PM
    Sam's Club purchaser here.
    I plan to wait to see where I can exchange my N7. Really don't care if it's Sam's Club or VZW. Realistically, this will take a few days to sort out.
    I am also not in any rush - we all have until 9/31.
    billykac likes this.
    09-12-2016 12:23 PM
    I would return it as soon as possible to Sam's Club the people that put in on Samsung's website will get their replacement first it will be weeks before any retail outlet gets the phones in Samsung dropped the ball on this
    09-12-2016 12:25 PM
    Today I went to the Sam's Club where I bought the Note 7. Gentleman asked me if my phone was getting hot. I said no it wasn't. He told me I got one of the good ones. I replied they are all recalled and was told to return it. Said he had no idea what they were talking about. I asked about a replacement and he just laughed and said, Nope. Told me I should have waited till the bugs were worked out before I bought the new phone. Maybe he was just having a bad day. Hopefully AT&T will help out.
    09-12-2016 07:08 PM
    Wow I would have gone to a manager, what an attitude.

As someone said earlier in this thread sams club has managed to handle this worse than verizon. Good job
    09-12-2016 09:12 PM
233 12345 ...