10-24-2016 08:17 AM
233 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Today I went to the Sam's Club where I bought the Note 7. Gentleman asked me if my phone was getting hot. I said no it wasn't. He told me I got one of the good ones. I replied they are all recalled and was told to return it. Said he had no idea what they were talking about. I asked about a replacement and he just laughed and said, Nope. Told me I should have waited till the bugs were worked out before I bought the new phone. Maybe he was just having a bad day. Hopefully AT&T will help out.
    I was asked the same questions on my first attempt to return mine at SC. I told the truth...I haven't had any problems. I really didn't want to return the phone so I was actually ok with being told that it would be fine to keep it. A few days later my husband convinced me that just to be safe I'd better return it. On my second attempt when I was asked the same questions I just told them yes it was getting hot. The guy processed the return without a problem. I was concerned about taking a chance on something happening and having to foot the bill for damages or even worst... harm coming to me or someone else. Samsung has made everyone aware of the issue and it will probably be very difficult now to get them to step up and be responsible for any issue that may occur. The sales clerk at Sam's Club may not admit that they turned a customer away when they attempted to return the phone and I don't see where the customer could provide proof of that...
    09-13-2016 05:49 AM
    I was able to return my note 7 with original accessories last Sunday at the Sam's club where I purchased note 7 from (Texas).

The mobile department had some staffing issue and there were no one around to help with the cellphone return. We ended up making the trip to Sam's club 3 times previously. On Sunday, one of the customer services lady recognized me (God bless her) and she called the store manager and had someone from another department to process my returns.

The person I was working with knew about the note 7 recall and heard about some Jeep got burned down by note 7 explosion, so I did not have to convince her on anything. I was offered to exchange to a S7 edge or S7, which I declined. The entire process took 2 hours, they apologized to us because they are not trained on the systems.

I was able to keep my Sam's club gift card, 256G SD card. My Verizon account got updated Monday shows I have paid off the note 7. Compare to some of the experience reported here, I'm happy my local Sam's club is more friendly and more informed than others.
    09-13-2016 09:42 AM
    Did anyone else just receive the email from Sam's Club? It basically just says you can bring in your Note 7 and exchange it for a S7 or S7 Edge, or you can just get a full refund. There's no mention of being notified of new safer Note 7s being released or being able to receive one of those when they are. Should this be worrying to someone who basically only wants a Note 7?
    09-13-2016 01:34 PM
    Yes - if I wanted one of those I'd have bought one of those. Plus, it appears if you are willing to just return it and wait for the "NEW" Note 7 they want their $150 gift card back. That is crap! Here is the email - - -

Dear Member,

Samsung has engaged with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) in regards to battery safety issues with the Note7. Details provided by Samsung can be found here.

Our records indicate that you purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note7 from Sam's Club sometime between August 19, 2016 and September 1, 2016. As a member who purchased the Galaxy Note7, you are eligible to exchange your current device with a new device or receive a full refund of your original purchase as described below.

1. Exchange the Galaxy Note7 for the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge. You will receive a refund for any price difference between devices through your monthly carrier bill
    When exchanging the device, you will receive a $25 bill credit to your monthly bill through your carrier
    Any promotional gift cards or offers received at time of purchase do not need to be returned at the time of exchange
    2. Return the Galaxy Note7 for a full refund
    Upon returning the device, any promotional gift cards received from Sam’s Club will need to be returned in full.
    We are committed to keeping you informed as Samsung works with the CPSC to resolve this issue, and we will provide you with additional details in the event the Galaxy Note7 is formally recalled. In the meantime if you have any questions we encourage you to contact Samsung at 1-800-SAMSUNG or visit with a mobile associate at your local Sam’s Club.

Regards,
    The Sam's Club Team
    09-13-2016 01:42 PM
    Did anyone else just receive the email from Sam's Club? It basically just says you can bring in your Note 7 and exchange it for a S7 or S7 Edge, or you can just get a full refund. There's no mention of being notified of new safer Note 7s being released or being able to receive one of those when they are. Should this be worrying to someone who basically only wants a Note 7?
    Just got the same e-mail, and I too noticed that it doesn't say anything about getting a replacement Note 7 when they come out. Neither the refund option or the S7 or S7 Edge option say anything about that. Not sure what to read into that, could just be they assume people aren't going to want to go to another Note 7, hard to say.

I'm getting a little antsy about still having my Note 7, even though I've had zero issues with it, and I've been considering just doing the trade-in and getting an S7 Edge to hold me over. From what I've seen, AT&T (my carrier) will do the exchange in their store, even though I didn't buy it there; at least I've seen some people do that. I would just do the exchange at Sam's, but I want to make sure I get a new Note 7 when they are available again.
    09-13-2016 01:47 PM
    Wow. I did not catch the part about the gift card. That...sucks. I guess my hope at this point is that they will let the S7 Edge act as a loaner until the new Note comes out.
    09-13-2016 01:47 PM
    I would just exchange through Verizon directly, but after being sent to my local Verizon store by the customer service 800 number, they promptly sent me to Sam's Club. This is not being managed thoroughly by any party involved.
    09-13-2016 01:53 PM
    I got it...already exchanged mine for an S7 Edge at ATT on 09/10...

Sam's Club Note 7 Recall Thread-samsnote.jpg
    09-13-2016 01:54 PM
    Yep - just got the email.

Totally sucks. Not happy.

Sam's Club needs to let us walk away with a refund (without penalty), provide an alternate phone with refund of the diff, or exchange for a new N7, once released. Nothing less is acceptable, IMO.

I'll be calling Samsung today to see if we can exchange with them.
    09-13-2016 01:56 PM
    How would you return the gift card if you've already spent them? They expect you to pony up it up on your credit card?
    09-13-2016 03:10 PM
    I bought my ATT Note 7 through Samsung.com and I have had two different ATT employees tell me I can't return the phone to ATT if bought somewhere else. Plus Samsung.com said that they want my sd card back if I don't repurchase the phone back through Samsung.com.. What a mess...
    09-13-2016 03:36 PM
    Wow. I did not catch the part about the gift card. That...sucks. I guess my hope at this point is that they will let the S7 Edge act as a loaner until the new Note comes out.
    When I returned mine the other day I didn't have to return the gift card.
    09-13-2016 03:44 PM
    I bought my ATT Note 7 through Samsung.com and I have had two different ATT employees tell me I can't return the phone to ATT if bought somewhere else. Plus Samsung.com said that they want my sd card back if I don't repurchase the phone back through Samsung.com.. What a mess...
    Pretty sure there was something on att's site about accepting returns from non-ATT locations....I am so glad I was able to get the Note 7 I bought at Sams on launch day exchanged for S7 Edge at a corporate ATT store with pretty much no hassle....since I didn't return to Sam's, no issues in keeping the gift card...
    09-13-2016 03:56 PM
    I got the email, have no idea what I should do. I want a new Note 7 and want to just wait until I can do a clean swap. If anyone finds out if that's possible, please update this thread!
    09-13-2016 04:01 PM
    After being told that I wasn't able to exchange or Return my phone if I was past the 14 days last week, Sam's club policy has been updated this week. They're allowing me to exchange or refund my note 7. There supposedly waiting on new batch of note 7 to come in this week but Fed Ex is refusing to deliver the returned phones because they want to insure they will not blow up according what the local Samsung rep told cellular sales at Sam's club lol. She also said they knew nothing about a loaner program but she would check back with me. If I choose to refund I'll have to give the gift card back. Local Verizon corporate store isn't allowing me to exchange the device with them, they are showing me the door back to Sam's even after speaking with 1800 Verizon.. so looks like we're stuck going back with Sam's.
    09-13-2016 04:20 PM
    This is all BS - bigtime.

I am calling Samsung tonight, and I will be contacting a person that "fixed" my gift card snafu back when I first bought my N7. He was actually very helpful I'll post back here.

I am sure this will all get sorted-out. But as of now, this is a total CF.

I just want an N7 that doesn't explode. I don't want a lesser phone: S7, iPhone 7, or anything similar.
    Airmaxxx likes this.
    09-13-2016 05:34 PM
    Update:

I wrote to SC Corporate, I'll let you know what they say.

I called Samsung and filed a complaint against SC. Samsung took my personal info, my phone's info and they said:
    - It's wrong for SC to not offer a replacement N7.
    - Samsung will provide a N7 replacement, no questions asked, if SC will not come through for me.
    - I can expect a call back from Samsung in the next 24-48 hours with the results of talking to SC.

Bottom line:
    I've said it from the start of this recall - I just want a freakin' replacement. It's the finest phone on the market, IMO, and I just want a safe one.
    I don't care if I wait another couple of weeks, I just want the replacement.

Lastly, I have to say that Samsung was GREAT to work with. Excellent customer service.
    Airmaxxx, pcsperson and Denisej like this.
    09-13-2016 06:10 PM
    Yet one more update as of this AM...

I spoke with a SC Corporate person who was great to work with on a previous issue I had with SC. He confirmed that the email many of us received yesterday correctly states SC policy. Unfortunately, for those of us who have already spent our $150 gift card, partially spent it, or don't want to give it up, there's currently no way to get a refund without returning that promo in full, and they do not plan to provide any type of Note 7 exchange.

I call BS on that. Totally stupid policy, and yet more fuel to toss on the CF fire that is this global recall.

I'll wait to hear back from Samsung - they are on the hook to hit me back. I am hoping to hear that what they originally said last night is confirmed, that is that Samsung will exchange my N7 for a new one once stock is available and the CPSC approves the device for use in the U.S.

In the meantime, I am where I've been since the beginning of this CF, happily using my awesome Note 7 and willing to wait to get a new one at some point.
    09-14-2016 09:32 AM
    I spoke with a SC Corporate person who was great to work with on a previous issue I had with SC.
    Any discussion on exchanging for an S7 Edge, and then exchanging that for a new Note 7 once they get them?
    09-14-2016 10:25 AM
    Huh, so SC isn't doing an exchange program for a new note 7? Please update with what Samsung tells you. If we can just do the exchange through them, then so be it. WHen I called Samsung last week, they told me we have to go through the retailer we purchased from...
    09-14-2016 10:28 AM
    Any discussion on exchanging for an S7 Edge, and then exchanging that for a new Note 7 once they get them?
    I did not get that far with SC, since they don't even have replacing your N7 as an option, in any situation. The chances that they'd then say "Sure" to a double-exchange seemed like a logical bridge-too-far.
    09-14-2016 12:59 PM
    Huh, so SC isn't doing an exchange program for a new note 7? Please update with what Samsung tells you. If we can just do the exchange through them, then so be it. WHen I called Samsung last week, they told me we have to go through the retailer we purchased from...
    According to the email many of us got yesterday, and the confirmation I got from SC Corporate this AM, yes, there will be no exchange of an old N7 for a new N7.

Samsung seemed totally in my court when I told them that SC refuses to exchange N7's.
    I'll def let you know what I find out, when I do.
    09-14-2016 01:01 PM
    So I may reach my breaking point next week and try to receive a full refund for my SC bought N7 via the local at&t corporate store b/c I still own my N4. I've used my $150 gift card already [$50 was used to buy a Samsung fast wireless charger] and I definitely don't want a S7 or S7E. Hoping that SC comes to their senses and allows N7 swaps.

The ironic thing is SC will probably have another promotion which may include a gift card when the "safe" N7's are released. I will then end up buying it through SC if I do actually get a full refund on my recalled N7 @ at&t next week.
    09-14-2016 07:42 PM
    Talked to Mgr at my local sc and said i can return with not having to give the gift card back..but swapping gor a new n7 might not be on the cards
    09-14-2016 08:45 PM
    Just spoke with my sams and theybsaid only exchanging for S7 or S7 edge.. said they are not doing note 7 what a joke .. maybe in the future of they get stock but even then may be for new purchase only
    09-15-2016 05:12 PM
233 ... 23456 ...