10-24-2016 08:17 AM
233 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Just spoke with my sams and theybsaid only exchanging for S7 or S7 edge.. said they are not doing note 7 what a joke .. maybe in the future of they get stock but even then may be for new purchase only
    Well CPSC officially recalled it so they HAVE to take it back - no only if it gets hot or but exchange only - just get your refund then buy new replacement - from another store sicne SC has shown it's just a ****ty as walmart

Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note7 Smartphones Due to Serious Fire and Burn Hazards | CPSC.gov
    09-15-2016 05:31 PM
    Guys remember that it took SC over 10 days to acknowledge the Samsung exchange program existed at all by that email - so with the official Samsung and CPSC announcements just coming today, expect any info you hear will be out of date for a while.
    09-15-2016 05:42 PM
    I'm hoping that now it's an official recall, they will get it together. Not holding my breath
    09-15-2016 06:26 PM
    Me either.
    09-15-2016 06:44 PM
    This email came from Samsung late yesterday:

Your safety remains our top priority

Dear ___ , as part of our voluntary recall, Samsung is announcing that new Galaxy Note7 replacement devices will be available in the United States at most retail locations no later than September 21, 2016.

The company received approval for its exchange program from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and has announced an official U.S. voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7. We strongly advise all customers who have Galaxy Note7 devices to replace their current device with a new device under the terms of the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program.

Through the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program, you can:

1. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 as approved by the CPSC; or
    2. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices; or
    3. Contact your point of purchase to obtain a refund.

Details can be found at Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program or contact us toll-free at 1-844-365-6197, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We regret any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your cooperation.
    09-16-2016 01:36 AM
    Yes. Well aware of this update. The question is, to what degree will Sam's Club comply. And when?
    09-16-2016 08:08 AM
    I stopped in last night after the recall was announced. A phone guy I'd talked to a couple times before acknowledged the new recall and said we could do an exchange right there for a S7 or Edge, and then exchange that for a Note when they get their stock in a couple days. It was clearly going to take a while for both exchanges so I said I would just wait for the new stock and the other guy that was there turned and said something like, "thank you, you are the best kind of customer right now". Clearly this program is causing these guys at the mobile booths some grief through their work day.

Anecdotally, at least, it sounds like Sam's should have their new Notes in a couple days and will be exchanging Note for Note in a fairly simple process.
    09-16-2016 08:33 AM
    Twangtron - that would be awesome.
    I'll be the first in line at my SC.
    09-16-2016 09:03 AM
    See my new post here

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5423538

I made a separate post as it applies to Best Buy customers as well.
    09-16-2016 10:50 AM
    Just spoke to SC over the phone. When I first asked about the exchange, the lady blindly told me that we have to go through Samsung (must have told her to just tell that to anyone asking about the Note 7). After I informed her that new information had been released yesterday, she dug further and found out that there is a list to get your name on for an exchange on the 21st. I got my name on the list so hopefully it all goes according to plan. She told me that electronics would call me in an hour to confirm. If they don't I'll call back tomorrow. She didn't sound like she exactly knew what she was doing (go figure).
    09-16-2016 01:33 PM
    Sam's sent out an email this week that sounded like you couldn't get a N7 for N7 replacement.

I think they just messed up the letter.

I just called 5 minutes ago to recheck

They added my name to a list. they are supposed to have N7's in by the 21st of Sept. They'll call me and I'll go get it.
    09-16-2016 01:51 PM
    So I called them again just now to confirm I'm on the list. And they said I'm third in line and to expect a call on the 21st to come in and exchange. Looks like I'm good to go (fingers crossed). I hope all of you can get this figured out with your local SC as well!
    09-16-2016 05:47 PM
    Just for fun, given the posts above, I called my SC to see if there is a "list".
    At my SC, there is no list.
    But, he said to go to the Samsung site, enter your IMEI number and Samsung will send you a new phone.
    Totally not true.

Can this more nonsensical?

ATM, I am sticking with trying out the VZW alternative.
    09-16-2016 06:15 PM
    Just for fun, given the posts above, I called my SC to see if there is a "list".
    At my SC, there is no list.
    But, he said to go to the Samsung site, enter your IMEI number and Samsung will send you a new phone.
    Totally not true.

Can this more nonsensical?

ATM, I am sticking with trying out the VZW alternative.
    Have you talked to the store manager?
    09-16-2016 07:02 PM
    I called my local Sam's club and they put me on a list and said I would get another $150 gift card when I trade mine in for the new note 7.
    09-16-2016 09:05 PM
    My SC said to call back on Monday and if they don't get the safer N7's then to call back every day next week to see if it is in stock so I can swap my recalled N7. Unfortunately my SC doesn't have a reserve list to put my name on, but at least I can exchange my old N7. No mention on more gift cards though.
    09-16-2016 10:19 PM
    Here is a new email from Sam's Club. It was dated yesterday and came this morning.

The following statement is in the email below: "Contact the wireless carrier, retail outlet or Samsung.com where you purchased the device to receive free of charge a new Galaxy Note 7 with a different battery, a refund or a new replacement device."

Recall message from Sam's Club
    September 16, 2016

Subject: CPSC Recall for Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Smartphones

Dear Sam's Club Member:

The Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Product Safety and Compliance team has been notified that Samsung in conjunction with the Consumer Product Safety Commission has initiated a Recall of the Galaxy Note 7 Smartphone because the lithium-ion battery in the smartphone can overheat and catch fire, posing a serious burn hazard to consumers.

Our records reflect you may have purchased this product.

Consumers should immediately stop using and power down the recalled Galaxy Note 7 devices. Contact the wireless carrier, retail outlet or Samsung.com where you purchased the device to receive free of charge a new Galaxy Note 7 with a different battery, a refund or a new replacement device. Go to Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US for more details or call Samsung toll-free at 844-365-6197.

Sincerely,

Walmart Product Safety and Compliance
    09-17-2016 07:09 PM
    Here is a new email from Sam's Club. It was dated yesterday and came this morning.

The following statement is in the email below: "Contact the wireless carrier, retail outlet or Samsung.com where you purchased the device to receive free of charge a new Galaxy Note 7 with a different battery, a refund or a new replacement device."

Recall message from Sam's Club
    September 16, 2016

Subject: CPSC Recall for Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Smartphones

Dear Sam's Club Member:

The Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Product Safety and Compliance team has been notified that Samsung in conjunction with the Consumer Product Safety Commission has initiated a Recall of the Galaxy Note 7 Smartphone because the lithium-ion battery in the smartphone can overheat and catch fire, posing a serious burn hazard to consumers.

Our records reflect you may have purchased this product.

Consumers should immediately stop using and power down the recalled Galaxy Note 7 devices. Contact the wireless carrier, retail outlet or Samsung.com where you purchased the device to receive free of charge a new Galaxy Note 7 with a different battery, a refund or a new replacement device. Go to Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US for more details or call Samsung toll-free at 844-365-6197.

Sincerely,

Walmart Product Safety and Compliance
    Has anyone able to go through Verizon for the exchange? They're still saying I must go through Sam's club
    09-18-2016 10:32 AM
    You can now 100% return the phone to the carrier! Because this is an official recall the carriers are required to take the returns/exchanges no matter the place of purchase. I returned my note 7 yesterday at an att location with no issue
    09-18-2016 12:03 PM
    You can now 100% return the phone to the carrier! Because this is an official recall the carriers are required to take the returns/exchanges no matter the place of purchase. I returned my note 7 yesterday at an att location with no issue
    Did they credit you back?
    09-18-2016 01:50 PM
    Not according to my local SC.
    See my other thread.

No worries really, someplace will eventually exchange everyone's N7. Just a matter of when.
    09-18-2016 01:54 PM
    I've heard art taking care of the customers regardless of were you bought it but so far Verizon hasn't done this. Things might change Monday since it has been a official recall. Still waiting here. Don't we have 90 days to exchange or up to a year because of the recall? Basically you could run the note 7 naked insurance worry free and wait till the last day to turn in if you're willing to take the chance your phone doesn't catch 🔥
    09-18-2016 03:45 PM
    Yes, I walked into the ATT store and asked to return the phone. They began processing the return, only near the end he finally asked to see the Sams Club receipt. They explained how carriers are now required to take returns even if the phone was purchased from a store like Sams Club as this is an official recall. Do not let the carriers give you the run around they must take the returns. I didn't even contact my sams club to process the return, went straight to ATT.
    pcsperson likes this.
    09-18-2016 03:48 PM
    Also by returning at ATT I got to keep the Sams Club gift card.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    09-18-2016 03:50 PM
    did they seem to be worried about the stuff in the box?

What type of ATT store?
    09-18-2016 05:46 PM
233 ... 34567 ...