10-24-2016 08:17 AM
233 ... 678910
tools
    Just called the Sam's Club that I got my phone at, and they do have phones in, but said they will start exchanging them tomorrow.
    09-22-2016 06:50 PM
    Just called the Sam's Club that I got my phone at, and they do have phones in, but said they will start exchanging them tomorrow.
    Good stuff, which store location and which carrier?
    09-22-2016 06:56 PM
    Just called my local Sam's Club and the associate stated that they won't get shipment until sometime next week. She also stated that you cannot return it (after the 14 days from the purchase date) unless I wanted to switch it to a S7. Has anyone else heard this? This doesn't make sense to me.
    09-22-2016 09:30 PM
    I did asked to speak with manager. I was told manager is not available went for meeting ,was told check back tomorrow afternoon the corp store is 40 min drive.

Today I called CPSC and filed complaint over the phone. They asked for location and phone number of Sams club and ATT corp store including manager name. I was told I would not have to call Sams or go to ATT as they will handle this from now on and make sure I am taken care.

I urge all of you who were not able to exchange Note 7 at ATT corp store to call CPSC and file a complaint. CPSC (800) 638-2772
    After my filed complaint with CPSC, Samsung called and offer me new phone shipped to me directly, Also ATT corp called and have a local store hold a phone for me to pickup with $75.00 credit already issued to my account.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-22-2016 10:01 PM
    Just called my local Sam's Club and the associate stated that they won't get shipment until sometime next week. She also stated that you cannot return it (after the 14 days from the purchase date) unless I wanted to switch it to a S7. Has anyone else heard this? This doesn't make sense to me.
    This is just more noise in the channel - nonsense.
    Your local SC will either "get the memo" shortly, you cand speak to the Store Manager, or you can call another SC.
    Eventually SC should get it right.
    09-23-2016 07:02 AM
    After my filed complaint with CPSC, Samsung called and offer me new phone shipped to me directly, Also ATT corp called and have a local store hold a phone for me to pickup with $75.00 credit already issued to my account.
    I also filed a complaint with the CPSC, I also contacted the CEO of VZW.

The CEO's office already contacted me to set up a call. We'll see what comes of that.

My local "clueless" SC said yesterday that they believe they have physical stock, but that it wasn't entered into the system as available inventory yet. I'll be calling them later today.
    09-23-2016 07:08 AM
    It's not even that it sucks having to wait, but the general clulessnes is what's really annoying about SC. From the begging they were saying BS like don't worry if it's not getting hot, then denial of exchange program for almost 2 weeks, and now people being told they can't get refund when Samsung is clearly offering that option.
    09-23-2016 07:27 AM
    Even CPSC says refund is option for this recall so you can file complaint if SC doesn't come to their senses.

Sam's Club Note 7 Recall Thread-1474633972818.jpg
    09-23-2016 07:33 AM
    My Sams Club only received ONE att replacement and don't know when they're getting more.
    09-23-2016 10:30 AM
    My local SC has gotten zero. SO frustrating.
    09-23-2016 10:58 AM
    Just got off the phone with them, for my local store, they said they had 3 none were for my carrier. They said try Monday, and everyday because they don't know what the should get until the box are open according to the mobile person.

When I call samsung yesterday of they don't have them, I need to 3 call with them and manager. So I'll wait until Monday or Tuesday.
    09-23-2016 11:07 AM
    Update: My SC got ATT and VZ ones but no Sprint. And guess what: I'm on Sprint.

My note 7 got really hot last night while charging for the first time ever, so now I'm worried. I turned off fast charging and am installing the update that limits battery to 60%. That should keep me safe for a couple days until SC gets the new Sprint Note 7's.
    09-23-2016 11:21 AM
    This is particularily frustrating when I read today that half the defective Note 7 phones have been replaced already. I reread the Sept. 15 email from Samsung. It states that replacement devices will be available in the US at "most" retail locations no later than September 21, 2016. I guess Sam's Club is not one of the retailers in the "MOST" Club. When I called my local SC a half hour ago, I was told that it was to get a supply of replacement phones this Sunday, Sept. 25.
    Time-wasting? Inconvenient? Frustrating? You bet! But, I love my Note 7 and remain hopeful that I will have a replacement before October. We wil see.....
    09-23-2016 12:00 PM
    As promised by my local SC, after I called them last night to verify that the replacements came in. I walked in this morning and now I'm done with my swap! I gave back the old phone and the empty box. I now have two of every accessory.

Sam's Club Note 7 Recall Thread-img_3333-copy.jpg
    09-23-2016 12:22 PM
    This is particularily frustrating when I read today that half the defective Note 7 phones have been replaced already. I reread the Sept. 15 email from Samsung. It states that replacement devices will be available in the US at "most" retail locations no later than September 21, 2016. I guess Sam's Club is not one of the retailers in the "MOST" Club. When I called my local SC a half hour ago, I was told that it was to get a supply of replacement phones this Sunday, Sept. 25.
    Time-wasting? Inconvenient? Frustrating? You bet! But, I love my Note 7 and remain hopeful that I will have a replacement before October. We wil see.....
    Samsung should have said "replacement devices will be available in the US at one or two Best Buy retail locations no later than September 21, 2016" As far as I have read, Target, Walmart, Costco, and Sams did not / have not gotten them in.
    09-23-2016 12:37 PM
    my local Sam's club still doesn't have the new note 7s yet today. They said possibily later this week, but no definite shipment time or date. Doesn't look like anyone has gotten their replacement note 7s from Sam's club yet. I got a loaner s7 from Sam's club so I'm stuck with them.
    I'm pretty much in the same boat with a replacement S7 loaner.

My story:
    I bought a Note 7 on 8/22 and got a $150 gift card without pre-ordering. When I heard about the recall I didn't want to risk anything so I returned my Note 7 on 9/3. I don't think the SC associate had any idea what I was talking about as the recall barely hit the news recently during that time. I wanted to exchange for an S7 Edge, but SC didn't have it (typical...) or she acted like she didn't want to go back to check so I settled for a S7 thinking I'd get a new Note 7 anyway (I feel foolish now). The lady processed it as an exchange, had a few issues so she had to call a manager for help processing, but they never asked me to return my $150 gc thankfully. Unfortunately I never received a $25 bill credit for ATT, but I just assumed it was an ATT store thing so I didn't bother with it; they also gave me a gc, which I assume is the difference in cost for the phones.

On 9/17 I was worried SC wouldn't let me exchange the S7 for a new Note 7 past the 14 day return policy so I called SC and a different associate said that they would let me do the exchange when the new Note 7's come in. I'm not getting my hopes up though. She was kind enough to put me on a waiting list for the new Note 7's, but she had no idea when they would get them.

Today I called a different location to see if they had the new Note 7's in, but they still haven't received them. I'm located in south Texas.
    09-23-2016 12:46 PM
    Good stuff, which store location and which carrier?
    Sorry, didn't see this until just now. My location is Lincoln, NE; only called the store I bought mine at, there is a second location here that I called two days ago, and they said "any day now". The location that I called that had some, I only asked about AT&T, and they had gotten one, not sure what color. They said they got "some" in, so I'm assuming they got other carriers too. Now I'm hoping the AT&T one is still there when I get off work.
    09-23-2016 01:06 PM
    I've been reading all the posts since the recall, and this is my very first post as I feel it would be helpful to share my exchange experience with you all that purchased from Sam's Club. Sorry in advance for the long post.

Background: My husband and I both purchased Note 7 (AT&T) from Sam's club in August (at different Sam's locations though). Called the local Sam's club this morning, they only have new ones from Verizon and don't know when the other carriers' devices will come in. We're located in North of Houston.

I called the nearby AT&T company store this morning and they said they have many available for swap and available in all the colors. I know some people have been saying that the AT&T store would not do the exchange for them so I have prepared for the worst scenario, that if they decline to exchange ours, I would politely ask them to provide me in writing that they refuse to exchange and I would file a complaint with CPSC.

Anyway, we went directly to the AT&T company store, just told them we're here to exchange the Note 7s. They didn't question where we bought the phones originally. However, when they started doing the exchange process, they hit a couple of road blocks and realized we didn't purchase from AT&T directly. Then they said they have to do some special exchange process (and manager needs to do some approval ...) but never told us to go back to Sam's club. It took a bit longer for them to do the exchange on our first device since they haven't done this special exchange before, but the 2nd exchange went very quickly. And we are also allowed to choose a different color. It took about an hour to do the swaps for the two phones, not too bad.

As far as the accessories, they said they only need the phone and a box to ship the phone back, so we were able to keep all the original cables and chargers. And I gave them back the old boxes.

On a side note, when I walked in, I have all the original boxes/receipts from Sam's club with me, I also carried them in the AT&T bag that Sam's club gave me when I got the phone. Though AT&T never even asked me to show the receipts.

I feel that going thru the exchange at AT&T store would be faster than the Sam's club since they just did exchange and not returned and re-purchase (which I think that would be Sam's club' process).
    Also, they said they're only doing exchanges right now and is not yet selling the new devices to the public yet.

I would encourage you to try out AT&T company store first if you're still waiting for local Sam's Club to get new devices.

GOOD LUCK!!
    09-23-2016 01:33 PM
    My SC got just a few N7's in yesterday, they got entered into the inventory system and were available today. I was the first one to do a swap. There were hiccups in their process, but I am glad to get through it. Took an hour.

I am still going to connect with VZW, as they want to talk to me. I am not happy with this recall process and am frustrated to hear that so many of us are still caught-up in it.
    09-23-2016 01:40 PM
    Whooooo hoooooo
    Update....I was told earlier today that this Sunday the new Note7s would arrive. I just got a call from my local SC here in Clearwater, FL. They have received a shipment of replacement Note 7s. I'm to call to make an appointment or just walk in any time to trade in my defective phone.
    My previous phone, a RazrMaxx, was about to celebrate its 4th birthday when I finally decided it was past time to upgrade to a better more efficient and more technologically advanced mobile phone on Aug. 19. It was immediate love at first sight. Who knew what was about to happen?
    Hang in there.
    09-23-2016 01:41 PM
    Did Sam's club not want the accessories or did they?
    09-23-2016 02:29 PM
    As promised by my local SC, after I called them last night to verify that the replacements came in. I walked in this morning and now I'm done with my swap! I gave back the old phone and the empty box. I now have two of every accessory.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3333 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	306.9 KB 
ID:	240385
    that is weird my headphones are like a dark smoke color
    09-23-2016 02:48 PM
    My SC wanted them.
    Somehow the USB-C adapters didn't happen to make it back into the box.
    Either did the headphones.
    The adapters were intentional on my behalf.
    09-23-2016 03:18 PM
    I figured that if they wanted anything else back with the old phone, that it would be the box. If they would have made a big stink about the missing accessories, then I would say to just take the accessories from the new phone. I had the old phone out of the box and they didn't even open the old box during the swap.
    09-23-2016 03:48 PM
    Just called my local Sam's club again , they said they don't have any note 7s in yet. I took other's advice and did online chat with Samsung.com. They said they will send in replacement phone to my Sam's club and the replacement will be available for me to pickup in 24 hours. Hoping this will come true, I will keep you guys updated tmr.
    09-23-2016 03:51 PM
233 ... 678910