Sam's Club Note 7 Recall Thread

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
[WARN]UPDATE: The Samsung Galaxy Note7 has been officially recalled. Users who own a Note7 will be able to exchange their unit for another one.

Samsung announces global Galaxy Note 7 recall following battery explosions | Android Central
[/WARN]

[NOTE]Please use this thread for those who bought from Sam's Club only. For an updated list of official statements from Samsung and carriers, plus what to do if you're affected, and links to the other carrier threads, please check the following link.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-7/719826-psa-note-7-recall.html[/NOTE]

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Sam's Club purchaser here.
I plan to wait to see where I can exchange my N7. Really don't care if it's Sam's Club or VZW. Realistically, this will take a few days to sort out.
I am also not in any rush - we all have until 9/31.

Droid Husker

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I purchased at Sam's Club as well, and probably will just wait until more concrete information comes out rather than calling around. Mine was with AT&T, so I am fine exchanging at either store. I do plan on exchanging at some point, even though I haven't had any problems with my phone getting hot or anything.

zznation

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Sam's Club purchaser here.
I plan to wait to see where I can exchange my N7. Really don't care if it's Sam's Club or VZW. Realistically, this will take a few days to sort out.
I am also not in any rush - we all have until 9/31.

Has sam's club specifically said we are good until 9/31? I only read that from VZW.

tfou79

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
This is the response I just got from Sam's about the recall:

"We have been made aware of the problem and we are working with the supplier for further direction. We are going to forward your concern to the appropriate merchandising team for further review. We will reach out to you with any applicable update. We appreciate your patience. Thanks!"

Not what I expected..

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I was there for 3 1/2 hours today but I finally was able to return my N7 and activate my old iPhone. I posted the story in the AT&T thread.

Noeone415

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Talked to a manager today at the concord,.ca location where i purchased 2 n7 and was pretty much told they know about the recall and don't have any idea what their process will be if any....might even have to go through Samsung he said. Can return if i I want but only want rrpleacement

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I called VZW yesterday and the Rep said that I will have to return my N7 through Sam's.
I figure either they will get replacement stock and will provide exchanges, or they will hand the process over to Samsung, and we'll get our replacements through them.

Give it a week to sort out.

Also, ain't no way I am having anything other (which means less than) a Note 7. :)

tfou79

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I chatted with an AT&T rep. He said to go to an AT&T store and get it done there. Not sure if I should believe him but I might try

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Did you have to return the gift card?

NO. At first they said I did. We got the store manager involved, he said I did, I said that was not right. They called a district manager and then said no problem. Keep the $150. A lady was there returning her N7, kept her $150 also then decided to get a S7E to keep and got another $150 (due to a promo they have on that phone). Kind of made me think about getting one too!

Airmaxxx

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
My Sam's Club said to call Wednesday afternoon to see if the new N7 is in stock. If not, then call about every other day. I wish they would prioritize and give customers that pre-ordered the N7 priority on the new resupply. Also I'm holding on to my N7 until they have a replacement in stock b/c I've had zero issues with heat during charging.

Droid Husker

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
My Sam's Club said to call Wednesday afternoon to see if the new N7 is in stock. If not, then call about every other day. I wish they would prioritize and give customers that bought the N7 early priority on the new resupply. Also I'm holding on to my N7 until they have a replacement in stock b/c I've had zero issues with heat when charging it.

This is what I'm planning on doing. I haven't even contacted my Sam's Club yet, because my assumption is I would either get someone who has no clue, or basically get told to do the same thing. I'm going to wait a few days, and start checking if they have anymore in stock, and then I'll see about replacing it. I've never noticed my phone getting abnormally warm (except when I fell asleep using it and manged to roll over on top of it, it got a little warm, but not enough to worry me, had that happen with my previous phone once, and it got a lot warmer actually). I also have been getting pretty darn good to even excellent battery life, so I don't notice any problems with my specific phone, but you never know, so I still plan on getting it replaced when there are others available.

tfou79

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
This is what I'm planning on doing. I haven't even contacted my Sam's Club yet, because my assumption is I would either get someone who has no clue, or basically get told to do the same thing. I'm going to wait a few days, and start checking if they have anymore in stock, and then I'll see about replacing it. I've never noticed my phone getting abnormally warm (except when I fell asleep using it and manged to roll over on top of it, it got a little warm, but not enough to worry me, had that happen with my previous phone once, and it got a lot warmer actually). I also have been getting pretty darn good to even excellent battery life, so I don't notice any problems with my specific phone, but you never know, so I still plan on getting it replaced when there are others available.

I almost don't want to exchange mine. Had no issues whatsoever

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Agreed.

I'll get a new one, b/c I think that's the right thing to do, but damn, if I have issues with the replacement that would really suck. My "defective" phone is perfect.

Droid Husker

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Kinda the same thing I'm feeling. I will get a replacement because I don't want any future issues or anything, but my phone has been great for me so far, and I would hate to get a replacement that has some sort of issues or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance