Sam's Club Note 7 Recall Thread

Airmaxxx

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I call the the corporate at&t store in my town not the authorized retail store. I told them SC didn't know when they were get the safe N7s, so asked if I could swap it out with at&t. I believe similar stories are in the at&t recall thread concerning SC exchanges.

Droid Husker

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
AT&T corp store declined to swap out my note 7 purchased at SC.
I had this happen to me too. I normally have pretty good experiences at my local AT&T store, but not with the person who helped me today. I called to confirm they had devices in, and was told they did, and asked if I could bring mine in to swap, and was told yes.

I went into the store, only one other group in there, and there was an employee free, so I walked over to him and told him I was there to exchange my Note 7. He gave me a blank stare like he had no clue what I was talking about. I quickly figured out that he didn't have a clue what I was there for, because when I pulled out my Note 7, he took it from me, and immediately turned it on. Whatever, I went ahead with wanting to do the exchange, even though this guy appeared to be clueless. He looked up my info, asked me where I bought it, told him Sam's, he asked me to wait a minute and went in the back to call someone. Came back out and told me I needed to take it to Sam's because they would have "procedures" in place. I told him that I was told I could just come here to exchange it, and I even showed him the text message I got from AT&T earlier today telling me to bring my phone in, and he didn't seem to care. By this point, the store had suddenly filled up, and there were tons of people in there, and only two other employees, and I was actually on my way to dinner, so I didn't have time to mess around anymore, so I just left. As I was sitting in the car getting ready to leave, saw the guy that had just "helped" me come out and leave, so I fairly certain one of the other reason's he was less than helpful is that he was supposed to be off soon.

somdave2005

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
My local Sam's club in Vacaville , CA today said they don't have it in yet. Will call again tmr and hopefully better luck. Seems like the carrier stores are getting priority in these replacement note 7s.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
My local Sam's club in Vacaville , CA today said they don't have it in yet. Will call again tmr and hopefully better luck. Seems like the carrier stores are getting priority in these replacement note 7s.

Agreed.
As of yesterday, my SC still says 10/4 for N7 stock.

I fully expect they will get it sooner - they just don't know what they are doing.

Maybe today?? :)

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
has anyone returned theirs to SC? are we required to give back the giftcard as well?

SC's written policy as of today says that you have to return the gift card if you are returning the N7.
One/two posters here said that they didn't have to.
My SC says I do.
This, of course, is total nonsense.
Hopefully SC will wake up.

zznation

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
SC's written policy as of today says that you have to return the gift card if you are returning the N7.
One/two posters here said that they didn't have to.
My SC says I do.
This, of course, is total nonsense.
Hopefully SC will wake up.

thanks!

Has anyone had luck returning to VZ directly when purchased at SC?

newvances70

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping the carrier or manufacturer will step in and allow exchanges through other methods. There have been too many best practices established in the supply chain industry to make this right.

Maynard

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I got tired of Sam's Club inability to get their act together. I took my phone in this morning and exchanged it at a corporate AT&T store. At first they weren't going to do it because I purchased from SC but after the assistant talked to the manager while I was on the phone with AT&T customer care they decided that they could. AT&T said that they absolutely have to exchange it at the corporate store even if it was purchased at SC. Authorized retailers however are not covered by this policy.

tfou79

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Ended up returning mine. I did keep the $150 gift card and the extra $50 that Sam's sent because of the launch delay. Will not use SC to buy a phone anymore. Now I'm tempted to wait for the Pixel phones.

newvances70

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm with verizon, i may take that route tomorrow of asking them to do the exchange at a Corp. Store. I spoke to Verizon prior to the Govt. Recall and they would not do the exchange. Hoping that thing have changed. Who knows.

Les Garten

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I called Sam's this afternoon and no phones yet :confused:

So I called the closest ATT corporate store and they said they would, but that it would take some time to do a work around becuase of the taxes.

So I wen there and the first guy says NO.

Then the other customer services guy overheard this and said yes they do.

They told me this came about this morning that they would do 3rd party retailers. I'm thinkin' Samsung is trying to get them swapped ASAP because of liability concerns.

So I would recomend not giving up because the store says no at first. Ask to speak to the manager and challenge them a bit.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm with verizon, i may take that route tomorrow of asking them to do the exchange at a Corp. Store. I spoke to Verizon prior to the Govt. Recall and they would not do the exchange. Hoping that thing have changed. Who knows.

Good luck, I haven't got Verizon to budge on my Target bought Note 7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12