Sam's Club Note 7 Recall Thread

newvances70

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I called Sam's this afternoon and no phones yet :confused:

So I called the closest ATT corporate store and they said they would, but that it would take some time to do a work around becuase of the taxes.

So I wen there and the first guy says NO.

Then the other customer services guy overheard this and said yes they do.

They told me this came about this morning that they would do 3rd party retailers. I'm thinkin' Samsung is trying to get them swapped ASAP because of liability concerns.

So I would recomend not giving up because the store says no at first. Ask to speak to the manager and challenge them a bit.
I'm not sure how tax would play a role in this. Some of you remember when Dell laptops had a recall on batteries a few years ago and they were handles directly from manufacturer to consumer. It's reverse logistics. The reality is that the carrier or the manufacturer should manage this. Involving oyher entities creates these bottlenecks. If it's truly safety then make it safe. Rant over..

somdave2005

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
my local Sam's club still doesn't have the new note 7s yet today. They said possibily later this week, but no definite shipment time or date. Doesn't look like anyone has gotten their replacement note 7s from Sam's club yet. I got a loaner s7 from Sam's club so I'm stuck with them.

flahed

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I have Sprint as my carrier. Returned mine today. I have a cracked screen, and had asked a couple of weeks ago if it could be returned, and after they talked to a district manager they said it was cool. So when I brought my phone in, I put it in the box without the charger and headphones. The guy asked if I had the charger, and I asked him if I needed to return it. He checked on his computer, and said it was okay if i didn't. Took about an hour for them to deactivate my phone. They gave me a refund from their insurance I had bought, and taxes, which was cool because I want to get the Samsung protection. Never asked for the gift card back. He said when they get the Note 7 in, I'll get a call, I'll come in, and it'll be treated like an upgrade on my plan just like before. Overall a pretty okay experience.

Patelaryan

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I'd talk with the manager at the corp store. I think people forget that this is a federal recall. The sooner the better getting the old N7s out of customer hands.

I did asked to speak with manager. I was told manager is not available went for meeting ,was told check back tomorrow afternoon the corp store is 40 min drive.

Today I called CPSC and filed complaint over the phone. They asked for location and phone number of Sams club and ATT corp store including manager name. I was told I would not have to call Sams or go to ATT as they will handle this from now on and make sure I am taken care.

I urge all of you who were not able to exchange Note 7 at ATT corp store to call CPSC and file a complaint. CPSC (800) 638-2772

AirlinerDudeB6

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My sams club experience has been horrible to say the least. It was my first phone purchase there ($150 is a good chunk of change to pass up)...but this will be my absolute last. I realize none of this is their fault and I in no way blame them for the exploding phone. However, for those that think Verizon is bad about giving "consistant" information...Sams Club makes Verizon look like angels sent from above! And after this experience, I honetly believe that not one employee of Sams Club has ever gotten one ounce of customer service training...from the management down to the employees.

Short story long... My wife and I buy 2 Note 7's on 8/19. I went diretly to our local corp verizon store (jax, fl) and picked mine up while she was at work. Then she says that she gets an email from Sams club about a $150 gift card with the Note 7. So we go to our local sams club to upgrade her line to a Note 7.

After the recall notice came out, we happened to be at sams club shopping. Stopped by the mobile desk. The guy said that they "arent going to have any note 7s anymore and that I can exchange (not refund) for a S7 or S7E". I said yeah ok buddy, and left. This past weekend when the new Note7 was approved by the CPSC we called sams club and asked how they were goning to handle it. Was told " I can come in and return or exchange only for S7". I asked about the Note 7 and was told they dont know. Fast forward to 9/20, I stop at my corp verizon to see if they got any replacements. The guy said yes we do and we just got approval to start exchanging. 15 mins later, done. Simple and painless. Then we head over to Sams Club. Wait 1 hour just to talk to the guy working there (he was having issues with a sprint activation) Never called anyone over to help. Just made me wait. Then says they dont have any Note 7s and it could be another month. I asked how that was possible when Samsung said that you would have them no later than 9/21. The guy had an attiitude and said "no idea". I asked for the mobile dept manager but was told she had left for the day. Next day (9/21) I call the store and was put on hold while she "checked with her manager" on what to do. They still had no Note 7s. She tells me that I can return it if I want. So after work, we head right there. Had the box and accessories. Then she drops this one on me..."ok and now I just need the $150 gift card". I laughed and said it was long gone...I mean I had it for more than a MONTH. She says "sorry cant return without it". It took everything I had to stay calm at this point. I again said, I dont have it anymore. She calls a manager. Manager has stick up his a$$ and says..."no gift card, no return". just like that. I reminded him that he HAD to return it per the recall. He says...well we can call you when we get a Note 7 in stock. I said "sure, when do you expect them?". He says..."no idea". At this point I am getting mad. I said I want to return it. He says "buy a $150 gift card and then give it to me...and Then you can return the phone". Seeing no other option...I bought a gift card.

After another HOUR of the mobile assosicate trying to figure out how to process the return, my nightmare was over. We went accross the street to the corp verizon store and got her a new Note7.

So in short. Sams in Jax fl will NOT return the phone without the gift card. And if you dont have it, they will make you buy one and give it to them.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
My sams club experience has been horrible to say the least. It was my first phone purchase there ($150 is a good chunk of change to pass up)...but this will be my absolute last. I realize none of this is their fault and I in no way blame them for the exploding phone. However, for those that think Verizon is bad about giving "consistant" information...Sams Club makes Verizon look like angels sent from above! And after this experience, I honetly believe that not one employee of Sams Club has ever gotten one ounce of customer service training...from the management down to the employees.

Short story long... My wife and I buy 2 Note 7's on 8/19. I went diretly to our local corp verizon store (jax, fl) and picked mine up while she was at work. Then she says that she gets an email from Sams club about a $150 gift card with the Note 7. So we go to our local sams club to upgrade her line to a Note 7.

After the recall notice came out, we happened to be at sams club shopping. Stopped by the mobile desk. The guy said that they "arent going to have any note 7s anymore and that I can exchange (not refund) for a S7 or S7E". I said yeah ok buddy, and left. This past weekend when the new Note7 was approved by the CPSC we called sams club and asked how they were goning to handle it. Was told " I can come in and return or exchange only for S7". I asked about the Note 7 and was told they dont know. Fast forward to 9/20, I stop at my corp verizon to see if they got any replacements. The guy said yes we do and we just got approval to start exchanging. 15 mins later, done. Simple and painless. Then we head over to Sams Club. Wait 1 hour just to talk to the guy working there (he was having issues with a sprint activation) Never called anyone over to help. Just made me wait. Then says they dont have any Note 7s and it could be another month. I asked how that was possible when Samsung said that you would have them no later than 9/21. The guy had an attiitude and said "no idea". I asked for the mobile dept manager but was told she had left for the day. Next day (9/21) I call the store and was put on hold while she "checked with her manager" on what to do. They still had no Note 7s. She tells me that I can return it if I want. So after work, we head right there. Had the box and accessories. Then she drops this one on me..."ok and now I just need the $150 gift card". I laughed and said it was long gone...I mean I had it for more than a MONTH. She says "sorry cant return without it". It took everything I had to stay calm at this point. I again said, I dont have it anymore. She calls a manager. Manager has stick up his a$$ and says..."no gift card, no return". just like that. I reminded him that he HAD to return it per the recall. He says...well we can call you when we get a Note 7 in stock. I said "sure, when do you expect them?". He says..."no idea". At this point I am getting mad. I said I want to return it. He says "buy a $150 gift card and then give it to me...and Then you can return the phone". Seeing no other option...I bought a gift card.

After another HOUR of the mobile assosicate trying to figure out how to process the return, my nightmare was over. We went accross the street to the corp verizon store and got her a new Note7.

So in short. Sams in Jax fl will NOT return the phone without the gift card. And if you dont have it, they will make you buy one and give it to them.

Sorry to hear that you had to go through this. Unfortunately, SC's stated policy has been exactly what you have lived through. Some forum members here got around the $150 gift card return, but that's the exception not the rule - apparently.

Sam's Club just sucks. Period. Their N7 policy and their people in the stores are clueless.

There have been glimmers of hope over the past couple of weeks from Samsung, VZW, but never SC that they would do a stand-up job. Turns out though, that Samsung and VZW have broken every agreement they've made with me so far, so I am not a fan of them either.

The one saving grace is that the N7 is an awesome phone, and for me, there's nothing better on the market.

It just horrible that we have to go through such bad customer service and bad recall management.

Look at it this way, as least you are out of this mess!

crosshair

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My local SC is no longer clueless. They received a corporate email this morning that the replacement Note 7's should be arriving any day now.

Les Garten

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I've bought phones before from Sam's Club and will do so again in the future.

Are they disorganized on yes, why yes, yes they are.

They should just wait and do the N7 swap.

The $150 deal wasn't available anywhere else and I would think they would want the card back if you weren't just doing a swap N7 for N7.

If you had bought the N7 elsewhere you would not have got a $150 gift card, so Sam's was unique in this.

I got a $150 gift card and a 256GB MicroSD and STILL think that was a smokin' deal. (if you can say paying $900 for a phone is a smokin' deal)

I swapped mine out with ATT yesterday with relatively no issue except that it took about an hour.

I have zero complaints about anybody I was involved with in this, even Samsung. They were screwed on their batteries and are paying the price. I handled an iPhone 7S while there and I wouldn't want that thing over the Note, so I'm good there.

I also will say that ATT was good for doing this, of course it's in their interest to do this since they are in bed with Samsung and Apple in big ways. IMO Verizon is screwing up here. Of all the "stuff' that has gone on. I woudl say I would be inclined to be miffed at Vorizon as I was a bit at ATT till they stepped up to the plate.

On a side note, for some reason I thought that the phone dept at Sams was run by some 3rd party company and not actually employees. That it was a 3rd party Kiosk.

Les Garten

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
So I just got my call from Sam's a few minutes ago. I was first on the list to call. They sound like they only got like 3 or 4 in.

I called back and told them I had already swapped mine and to pass it on.

So hopefully that will let people know they are showing up.

Palmyra

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
The more and more I read all of this the more I'm thinking the hell with the recall. My phone has never gone above 97.3 or so at any time so I'll just roll the dice.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
The more and more I read all of this the more I'm thinking the hell with the recall. My phone has never gone above 97.3 or so at any time so I'll just roll the dice.

I think waiting a week to let the dust settle , but i would trade it in. I truly believe that the the CPSC will have Sammy do something to get the stragglers to turn their phone in.

tony1001

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got back from my Sam's Club and they got shipments of the note 7 for Verizon in today. People were there exchanging. Shipments for At&t will in tomorrow they told me.

gadgetgalbb

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Sams Club called me to come in and complete my exchange. Problem is the replacement is not showing in their system until tomorrow so I go back in the morning. I was their first exchange so they are learning and it's not their fault. I blame sams club at a corporate level for not communicating to the store level.

crosshair

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
It is 6:45 PM here and I just got off the phone with my local Sam's club. The replacement Note 7's came in late this afternoon. They told me that I can come in as early as 9:00 AM tomorrow to exchange my Note 7.

zznation

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Just called my local Sam's Club and the associate stated that they won't get shipment until sometime next week. She also stated that you cannot return it (after the 14 days from the purchase date) unless I wanted to switch it to a S7. Has anyone else heard this? This doesn't make sense to me.

Patelaryan

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I did asked to speak with manager. I was told manager is not available went for meeting ,was told check back tomorrow afternoon the corp store is 40 min drive.

Today I called CPSC and filed complaint over the phone. They asked for location and phone number of Sams club and ATT corp store including manager name. I was told I would not have to call Sams or go to ATT as they will handle this from now on and make sure I am taken care.

I urge all of you who were not able to exchange Note 7 at ATT corp store to call CPSC and file a complaint. CPSC (800) 638-2772

After my filed complaint with CPSC, Samsung called and offer me new phone shipped to me directly, Also ATT corp called and have a local store hold a phone for me to pickup with $75.00 credit already issued to my account.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Just called my local Sam's Club and the associate stated that they won't get shipment until sometime next week. She also stated that you cannot return it (after the 14 days from the purchase date) unless I wanted to switch it to a S7. Has anyone else heard this? This doesn't make sense to me.

This is just more noise in the channel - nonsense.
Your local SC will either "get the memo" shortly, you cand speak to the Store Manager, or you can call another SC.
Eventually SC should get it right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dustojnikhummer