01-02-2017 07:34 AM
585 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Received email, same as everyone else. Wrong order number, same as everyone else. Anyway, ordered replacement - let's see when we start getting them now. The light at the end of the tunnel? Hope so.
    09-23-2016 02:54 AM
    Received email, same as everyone else. Wrong order number, same as everyone else. Anyway, ordered replacement - let's see when we start getting them now. The light at the end of the tunnel? Hope so.
    Would it have been difficult for them to say "we're in the process of setting up a website that will allow you to select your exchange/refund options, we're just trying to work out the details with a shipper to make it happen."

I just hope theybship via UPS and not FedEx
    09-23-2016 04:18 AM
    Would it have been difficult for them to say "we're in the process of setting up a website that will allow you to select your exchange/refund options, we're just trying to work out the details with a shipper to make it happen."

I just hope theybship via UPS and not FedEx
    It's UPS
    09-23-2016 05:33 AM
    For those that have received the last email. Did y'all call the new number to get that email or did it just come automatically to you? I don't know how many times I have called to be put on or verify I am on "their" list, I called the new number yesterday and they said someone will call me today (Friday) or Monday for sure.. Just curious because I haven't received anything from them. Also, don't understand why if I was on their list at the old group why it didn't move over to this new group that is supposedly handling this now. Well, at least y'all are getting something saying thet are shipping your phonese even if they can't get the order numbers correct
    I had called days ago but they didn't take my info so I don't think that's why I received the email. They said (on the phone) that they have our information since we ordered from them and will contact everyone.
    09-23-2016 05:35 AM
    I had called days ago but they didn't take my info so I don't think that's why I received the email. They said (on the phone) that they have our information since we ordered from them and will contact everyone.
    Ok good, because the first time I called them on September 4th they took my info when I called back the following Friday they saw I called but all info was missing. So I don't really trust the call I gave them yesterday. Good all y'all got an email, at least it's something different. Still haven't received anything from them.
    09-23-2016 06:02 AM
    For those that have not received the email try this link. All you need is to sumbit your email and order#.

https://pages.samsung.com/us/note7/recall/index.jsp
    09-23-2016 07:35 AM
    I got the email. I put in my order, etc. It says that it can't find my order and directs me to the same old samsung service number
    09-23-2016 07:38 AM
    I got the email. I put in my order, etc. It says that it can't find my order and directs me to the same old samsung service number
    Use your original order number, not the one they sent you. It's different.

I plan on calling to confirm that they have my information.
    09-23-2016 07:41 AM
    Do we need to return the pre-order gift as well, when returning the device to Samsung? I bought directly from Samsung.com and wish to get the full refund.
    09-23-2016 09:43 AM
    For those that have not received the email try this link. All you need is to sumbit your email and order#.

Thank you for that link. Just put everything in there and it worked.. Glad they are finally doing this. Keeping my fingers crossed. Will keep y'all posted.
    09-23-2016 09:54 AM

OchoCILINDROS:

Do you know if you received an email after filling that out? I filled it out and it seemed to take but haven't received any email back yet saying they received my info.
    09-23-2016 10:51 AM
    Oops, nevermind, once you submit it and you go back and try again it will say you have already submitted... Thanks again
    09-23-2016 10:55 AM
    Just got a call from Samsung corporate regarding my CPSC claim. I assured them that I had not been harmed, and that I was just unhappy with the customer service. Sent an email with my receipt to an email they gave me. Said to expect a call back regarding a replacement. Will keep you posted
    09-23-2016 10:56 AM
    OchoCILINDROS:

Do you know if you received an email after filling that out? I filled it out and it seemed to take but haven't received any email back yet saying they received my info.
    I called for this same reason. No more info. For once, I'm content to wait and see what happens.
    rsmin likes this.
    09-23-2016 11:01 AM
    I called for this same reason. No more info. For once, I'm content to wait and see what happens.
    Thanks
    09-23-2016 11:20 AM
    You're welcome! Same here no confirmation email. I also tried to submit again but it says it was already submitted. Now time to wait for the return package.
    09-23-2016 11:23 AM
    Did you buy from Samsung.com?
    No, from at&t. Oops, my bad, I posted in the wrong thread. I didn't see one for at&t.
    09-23-2016 12:20 PM
    Yep. Just confirming what everyone has been saying. Received an Email from Samsung with a link, and an incorrect order number. Inputted my email and correct order number, they said it will be shipped within 2-3 business days, and I have to pack my phone in some special packaging to return it within 14 days, otherwise I will be charged.

As for the PayPal charge back, I'm going to leave it open until I receive my phone, then I'll cancel the dispute claim. I don't want to have another empty promise.

Link: https://pages.samsung.com/us/note7/recall/index.jsp
    09-23-2016 02:30 PM
    Can't wait to see that ONE of us receives a replacement! Hope it's me! Haha
    09-23-2016 05:14 PM
    I have a feeling that you guys that received the emails will get it first
    09-23-2016 05:16 PM
    I wonder if it could be carrier. I am with AT&T and got an email yesterday.
    09-23-2016 07:44 PM
    I wonder if it could be carrier. I am with AT&T and got an email yesterday.
    Same. Got an email and am with AT&T
    09-23-2016 08:56 PM
    Verizon
    09-23-2016 09:02 PM
    T-Mobile here...and this arrived an hour ago.

Still on the fence about my decision to reward them with a sale, but I do miss Android. They always come back, don't they?

The CPSC told me today they would bring my case to their compliance department and will address with Samsung. Perhaps that's what broke the log-jam? Either way, I do want the old device out of my house. It's in a damn pot with a lid on it. Ridiculous? Probably, but I don't want any risk * at all * it deciding to go haywire and burn my house to the ground. Dramatic? Probably, but some devices have went boom just sitting on a desk, not being charged (powered on, but still). The whole "it overheats!" logic doesn't make sense. The issue is the +/- polarity making unexpected contact (improper wrap?) and surprise! Just not charging it to keep heat levels low isn't a safe "fix" no matter what the internet says (IMO).

I mean, I understand the delay. They had to arrange a deal with UPS to transport them and probably had to design and manufacture a "safe box" for shipping. That takes time, I get it, but why, again couldn't we just take to a carrier store to dispose of it like everyone else? We've just been the unlucky winners of the "please wait, we will contact you" lottery? Huh, that's the solution...really, that's what the direction is? Ok. We will always wonder I guess. I'm sure that's what the CPSC would like to understand. The complete silence cannot just be overlooked, despite their "everyone settle down, we fixed it!" Too late, really guys.

Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread-capture.png
    09-24-2016 12:14 AM
    I filled out the recall link (https://pages.samsung.com/us/note7/recall/index.jsp) earlier today around 2:15 PM (PST), and I just received an email at 10:15 PM (PST) saying they confirmed my order. Looks exactly the same as coolbreeze78.
    09-24-2016 12:44 AM
585 ... 89101112 ...