01-02-2017 07:34 AM
585 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    Just received email thay my coral blue ATT shipped. It took long time to get it but we will see what happens next. Original phone was charged few times and no issue but not really using it. Due to 'warning'.
    So they are still shipping them? Or you received the phone already and the email was delayed?
    10-10-2016 03:31 PM
    So now what do I do with my 3 replacements? Trying to get the two extra they sent me replaced is going to be fun...
    10-10-2016 06:37 PM
    So now what do I do with my 3 replacements? Trying to get the two extra they sent me replaced is going to be fun...
    Yeah I have an off the record extra. No trace of it. I knew I should have taken it to a pawn shop yesterday and offloaded for a few hundred bucks. Oh well. Now the hysteria has hit nightly news nobody will get near it. And I'm betting Samsung will be like "what extra return label? We only sent you one phone." Then it's suddenly our problem to dispose of. Nice.
    10-10-2016 06:38 PM
    Same here got the email that AT&T Blue Coral, shipped. I'm still using my original with no issues at all. Great battery life.
    10-10-2016 07:20 PM
    Yeah I have an off the record extra. No trace of it. I knew I should have taken it to a pawn shop yesterday and offloaded for a few hundred bucks. Oh well. Now the hysteria has hit nightly news nobody will get near it. And I'm betting Samsung will be like "what extra return label? We only sent you one phone." Then it's suddenly our problem to dispose of. Nice.
    Yep, I have an extra one as well. The first one came from that group in Texas, the second one came from Samsung.com. Oh God, I can't believe we are going through this again... Can someone save us from this madness? All I want this time is a refund and I dare then to try and get my sd card back. If I can get the refund I will buy what ever phone I get through the carriers.
    10-10-2016 07:41 PM
    I will probably do the same thing, I am too invested in Samsung to try anything else. I just hate the fact that I have been using a Note since Note 2 and this will be the first non spen phone in years. But instead of best buy I will go into a corporate store.. Just easier to swap and/or get fixed if another issue.
    Took your advice and went to a corporate store. Bought a S7edge, retail price. Will ask for a refund. If and when a fixed or future version comes out I will probably buy. At least now I have a functional replacement for a year or 2.
    10-10-2016 07:43 PM
    New statement by Samsung:

We are working with relevant regulatory bodies to investigate the recently reported cases involving the Galaxy Note7. Because consumers’ safety remains our top priority, Samsung will ask all carrier and retail partners globally to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7 while the investigation is taking place.

We remain committed to working diligently with appropriate regulatory authorities to take all necessary steps to resolve the situation. Consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device and take advantage of the remedies available.

Source: https://news.samsung.com/global/sams...on-takes-place
    10-10-2016 09:10 PM

We are working with relevant regulatory bodies to investigate the recently reported cases involving the Galaxy Note7. Because consumers’ safety remains our top priority, Samsung will ask all carrier and retail partners globally to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7 while the investigation is taking place.

We remain committed to working diligently with appropriate regulatory authorities to take all necessary steps to resolve the situation. Consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device and take advantage of the remedies available.

10-10-2016 09:11 PM

Exactly what remedies are available for those of us who bought from Samsung.com?
    coolbreeze78 likes this.
    10-10-2016 09:25 PM
    Samsung is working with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to investigate the recently reported cases involving the Galaxy Note7. While the investigation is taking place, Samsung is asking all carrier and retail partners here and around the globe to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7. Since the affected devices can overheat and pose a safety risk, we are asking consumers with an original Galaxy Note7 or a replacement Galaxy Note7 to power it down and contact the carrier or retail outlet where you purchased your Galaxy Note7. If you bought your Galaxy Note7 from Samsung.com or have questions, you should contact us at 1-844-365-6197 and we can help you.

tl;dr, call Samsung. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Source (top paragraph, under latest updates): Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program
    10-10-2016 11:01 PM
    Exactly what remedies are available for those of us who bought from Samsung.com?
    I was talking to Samsung about 1 hour ago and got the same spiel about customer service etc. power down phone and wait for what to do. The Canadian site is completely useless as they have zero information. The US site has updated information and I asked why Canada has nothing, I was told it will be updated shortly. Here we go again
    10-10-2016 11:30 PM
    RIP Note 7
    10-10-2016 11:33 PM
    Hello Samsung. Your S is weak!!!! Fix it, make a running change, get the swap out going asap!!! I don't want another phone. I will use mine! Get crackin'. Time to work weekends, no holiday time, cancel all vacations!!!!
    10-10-2016 11:37 PM
    I was talking to Samsung about 1 hour ago and got the same spiel about customer service etc. power down phone and wait for what to do. The Canadian site is completely useless as they have zero information. The US site has updated information and I asked why Canada has nothing, I was told it will be updated shortly. Here we go again
    According to the US website, they're supposed to offer us refunds.

But it's at the point where refunds aren't enough. I've spent about $80 on my case + screen protector + wires, and I've already tossed the packaging. Can't return it anymore. Then there's the issue of the hours of wasted time scouring the internet for information, and hours of wasted time on the phone with Samsung customer service. Ugh, I might do a charge back on my credit card/PayPal just so I don't have to deal with Samsung anymore.

I highly doubt there's going to be a third version of the phone. If N7s are still melting down, then it might be a design defect, which isn't really fixable. They need to be redesigned and remanufactured.
    10-10-2016 11:42 PM
    According to the US website, they're supposed to offer us refunds.

But it's at the point where refunds aren't enough. I've spent about $80 on my case + screen protector + wires, and I've already tossed the packaging. Can't return it anymore. Then there's the issue of the hours of wasted time scouring the internet for information, and hours of wasted time on the phone with Samsung customer service. Ugh, I might do a charge back on my credit card/PayPal just so I don't have to deal with Samsung anymore.

I highly doubt there's going to be a third version of the phone. If N7s are still melting down, then it might be a design defect, which isn't really fixable. They need to be redesigned and remanufactured.
    I'm going to call my CC as well to see if their is a way to bypass Samsung. I feel your pain about money wasted on cases and accessories, I spent about $200 on stuff not to mention the hours wasted on hold and dealing with Samsung.
    10-11-2016 12:23 AM
    Took your advice and went to a corporate store. Bought a S7edge, retail price. Will ask for a refund. If and when a fixed or future version comes out I will probably buy. At least now I have a functional replacement for a year or 2.
    Donhilla,

How are you liking the s7e?
    10-11-2016 02:37 AM
    I'm going Pixel XL. As soon as I set up my refund, I'm pre-ordering from VZW.
    10-11-2016 07:16 AM
    I received prepaid label and boxes. Sent off the original Note 7. It was delivered and signed for. So far no refund. Anyone gotten credited yet ?
    10-11-2016 05:06 PM
    I swapped mine for a new one, but that is what made me nervous the first time around. You might want to get your credit card company to do a charge back.
    10-11-2016 06:36 PM
    Donhilla,

How are you liking the s7e?
    It is not the Note 7. It is lighter and smaller, but feels cheap compared to the Note 7. It will do until the Note 8 comes out. Now I have a spare phone that I will keep just in case.
    10-11-2016 10:42 PM
    Anyone try calling samsung.com yet with this new recall? I am not if town and didn't bring my note 7 so don't have info to call them until I get back. Dreading this part of the process more than moving to a lesser phone.
    10-12-2016 03:17 AM
    Anyone try calling samsung.com yet with this new recall? I am not if town and didn't bring my note 7 so don't have info to call them until I get back. Dreading this part of the process more than moving to a lesser phone.
    Yes. They have no clue what's going on. Kept getting transferred between e-commerce and rhe Note 7 hotline.
    10-12-2016 05:34 AM
    Called VZW this morning about my extra phones. They said they aren't worrying about sending people back to the original purchase point, they are just exchanging them and dealing with it themselves.

I'm going to my local VZW after work. Will report back.
    10-12-2016 07:03 AM
    For those considering keeping their Note 7, what message do you think that's sending to Samsung?

Papa dont preach ... I have made up mind, im keeping my Note 7 baby lol
    10-12-2016 10:15 AM
    Yes. They have no clue what's going on. Kept getting transferred between e-commerce and rhe Note 7 hotline.
    Kind of the same. Spent 1 hr 5 minutes on the phone yesterday. Spoke with three people, for three different case #s. They didn't have a clue how to handle the extra one that they sent me. One guy asked "SIR DID YOU CONTACT SAMSUNG WHEN YOU RECEIVED THE EXTRA PHONE?" I said nope, I had no obligation to do so. He sounded genuinely aggravated.

The third US based rep was the most helpful but in the end he just told me to call Samsung e-commerce today as they all went home at 6pm yesterday. Nice.

So no progress yet. I'm stunned.
    10-12-2016 10:22 AM
585 ... 1920212223 ...