Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
[WARN]UPDATE: The Samsung Galaxy Note7 has been officially recalled. Users who own a Note7 will be able to exchange their unit for another one.

Samsung announces global Galaxy Note 7 recall following battery explosions | Android Central
[/WARN]

[NOTE]Please use this thread for those who bought from Samsung.com only. For an updated list of official statements from Samsung and carriers, plus what to do if you're affected, and links to the other carrier threads, please check the following link.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-7/719826-psa-note-7-recall.html[/NOTE]

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got this email from Samsung. Bought at Samsung. Com

"We are writing to you about your recent Samsung Galaxy Note7 purchase on Samsung.com.

As you may have heard, there have isolated battery cell issues reported, which affect the Galaxy Note7 device. After a thorough review and in order to ensure that our customers have the best possible experience, Samsung has launched the US Product Exchange Program. The program offers you the ability to exchange your Galaxy Note7 either for a new Galaxy Note7, a Galaxy S7 or a Galaxy S7 Edge. New Galaxy Note7 inventory should be available as early as next week, and Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge devices are available now. You will also have the ability to exchange or receive a refund for any Galaxy Note7-specific accessories you may have purchased. Regardless of which Galaxy device you choose as the exchange, you will also receive a $25 Reward eCertificate good toward the purchase of mobile accessories or devices at Samsung.com.

We are in the process of finalizing the full details of the US Product Exchange Program, and will contact you directly, within the next few days, to provide you with the additional information you’ll need in order to exchange your Galaxy Note7, if you decide that this is the course of action that you’d like to take."

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Got the same email.
In the next week or two I'm expecting to have them ship me my replacement along with return label for the recalled device.

I just spent a week and a half getting this one set up, and JUST put Skinomi screen and body skin on it. Oh well, isht happens...

melonzzzzz

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Got the email as well.

Got the same email.
In the next week or two I'm expecting to have them ship me my replacement along with return label for the recalled device.

I just spent a week and a half getting this one set up, and JUST put Skinomi screen and body skin on it. Oh well, isht happens...

Did you get this info directly from Samsung? Hoping this is the case so I won't have to be phone-less during the whole shipping time/exchange.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Got the same email.

Maybe Skinomi will cover it under the lifetime warranty?

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Got the email as well.

Did you get this info directly from Samsung? Hoping this is the case so I won't have to be phone-less during the whole shipping time/exchange.

No, but it is what I fully expect to do, even if they have to place a charge hold on a credit card pending return. I can't be without my phone - it's my job.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Got the email as well.

My email came from Samsungdirect.

Oops, I see you weren't asking about the email, but the info on the exchange

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone heard anything from those of us that bought phone through Samsung.com? If we have to go back to them it will be interesting. It was hard enough to get the original phone, much less this replacement.

melonzzzzz

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Anyone heard anything from those of us that bought phone through Samsung.com? If we have to go back to them it will be interesting. It was hard enough to get the original phone, much less this replacement.

We still have to wait until next week for a follow-up email w/ procedure.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, just went round and round with Samsung.com and finally wound up with someone that put me on a "list" that they are making for us who bought online and want to exchange for a new note 7 or swap for another Samsung phone. They brought these guys in on an emergency basis to handle those of us who bought through Samsung online. They need your original order number and the imei number of your note 7 phone. They are still not sure of the particulars of the swap BUT the person I spoke to "thinks" they are going to want me to send mine in first before they will send me the new one. I don't like that idea but we shall see how it unfolds. (I also called ATT support and they swear if I bought the phone through Samsung online I have to work with them. Even discussed with a manager and still no go.) BUT if you want to call Samsung online call 800-726-7864 and ask for "online sales". They will get you on the "list". Just remember this is the holiday weekend and this just happened on Friday so they have some questions as well.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
36d31511e5b1cb1c200a701e903d26dc.jpg

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
So I called them to get on the list for a replacement (was on hold a LONG time). Girl took my Order# and EMEI# and said they would send me a label. I said wait, I'm not sending this back until you send me my replacement. I can not be without my phone. She said I would probably have to be without my phone for a few days. I said, no, that's not gonna happen. She said hold on... (was on hold quite a while again). She came back and asked if I was having any issues with the phone. I said not yet. She said that I can keep it until new ones are available and they will arrange for a cross-ship replacement. It may or may not involve a credit card hold pending return of old phone, but that's OK by me. Just can't be without the phone.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
So I called them to get on the list for a replacement (was on hold a LONG time). Girl took my Order# and EMEI# and said they would send me a label. I said wait, I'm not sending this back until you send me my replacement. I can not be without my phone. She said I would probably have to be without my phone for a few days. I said, no, that's not gonna happen. She said hold on... (was on hold quite a while again). She came back and asked if I was having any issues with the phone. I said not yet. She said that I can keep it until new ones are available and they will arrange for a cross-ship replacement. It may or may not involve a credit card hold pending return of old phone, but that's OK by me. Just can't be without the phone.
Jhimmel:

Glad you found that out. I tried the same argument the other day and they wouldn't budge but maybe they have changed their mind with others saying that won't work for them either. I like you don't mind a hold on the card.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Called Samsung. Their callcenter/customer service has no idea what is going on. I talked to 5 different people, bounced around from the answering service, to sales, to tech support, back to sales, back to tech support, they said "we'll call you in 3-5 days with more info". Similar to actually getting my phone, I don't expect this to go smoothly.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Called Samsung. Their callcenter/customer service has no idea what is going on. I talked to 5 different people, bounced around from the answering service, to sales, to tech support, back to sales, back to tech support, they said "we'll call you in 3-5 days with more info". Similar to actually getting my phone, I don't expect this to go smoothly.
Call this number 800-726-7864 and ask for "online sales". They will get you on their list of phones to swap. The other day when I called they were brought in on an emergency basis to just handle this issue.

iksorwon

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I called yesterday and they said I need to send it back and then reorder. I asked if I could hold the return label, order a new note 7 and send the recall back after I receive the new phone, she said that would be okay. They said I would receive a return label in 2 to 3 days

avalvo

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Note 7 Direct From Samsung Exchange

So, I bought my phone direct from Sammy (US) - never do that again.

I called today to find out about the process for an exchange. I got nowhere. These people are absolutely clueless.

My phone is working fine, no heat up, and I use fast charging etc. I only use Samsung chargers and quality cables.

I really just want to understand the exchange program:

- is it available indefinitely?
- will they send me a new Note 7, and then I send them back my phone, or do I have to send my phone in first. I really don't want to be without a phone.

You would think that these simple questions could be answered. Instead, what I go was "give us your IMEE number and we'll get back to you."

Just wanted to see if anyone had and experience here.

Anthony

Siddhartha Zuniga

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi, first u need to call to Samsung, and tell them that u have a Note 7, and they will give u a Client Number, and they will call you and will guide you to recall ur phone (i do it yesterday)

Regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42