Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

marla523

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I ordered mine through Samsung.com. I have an AT&T phone. They said I can't get the replacement at an AT&T store. The way they are handling it is they will send me a label in a few weeks (?????) and I will ship it back and they will refund me, they won't exchange it. He said that is how they decided to handle it. I called an AT&T store and they agreed that is what I need to do. :(

user2199BigMo

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
WOW, Amazing customer service from Samsung.com.
Ordered Note 7 Aug 3. Finally received it AFTER the retail stores had phones.
13 phone calls, 28 transfers and I get on a list for a mailing label. Problem is I gave away the old phone.
Sure send us your Note 7, after we receive it and process it to ensure we have it and is in the recall we will ship out a new Note 7, unless we mess up.
So without a phone for at least 2 weeks. Phone, tablet, watch, household appliances are Samsung. So much for loyalty. Guess like many others, I am done with Samsung. Wonder what HTC has now. Now phone is back on the fast charger, kind of hoping it catches fire.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
So you would think Samsung.com would be leading the way with the recall process. I don't think ANYONE who purchased their phone from Samsung.com has yet received a return shipping label. I just got off the phone with them (again) and they told me they will send me info on the exchange some time next week . . . lol. So, we have a "dangerous" phone, and Samsung is urging that you power it off and return it (and some in these forums will lecture you if you have not returned it) and yet Samsung.com has yet to provide us with a path to do that, and they don't seem to be in any rush at all. Right now, they could not even arrange a purchase of a replacement either. They just can't really do ANYTHING at this time. I have to laugh. So I guess I just wait and see what they tell me "some time next week".

OchoCILINDROS

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been able to return their Note 7 for a refund? I purchased mine through Samsung.com. I have talked to several customer service reps and finally a supervisor told me they would escalate my request. She said the reason I can't get a return label is becuase Fedex and UPS are rejecting to handle the recalled devices.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
None, that any of us know of. It's still amazing to me that Samsung.com/ca handles their costumers so differently than Samsung.com/us. Several of us have called several times in the last two weeks just to get the runaround...

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
The answer is simple. They should just refund everyone. They can figure out later how to get the phones back.
Samsung Canada is shipping the phones out to the customers first, no questions asked and then the customers just have to drive the old phone back to a retail center. A lot better situation than we are faced with. This is more like a joke down here. If I worked for them down here I would be embarrassed.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I am hearing that they dont know how to get the phone shipped back to them being that FedEx won't ship them..

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
then wouldn't it be so much easier if they allowed us to exchange our phones at retailers? This is so ridiculous.
Yes it would.. I even tried to call Samsung corporate US in NJ yesterday just to complain about their online store in the states but they have their system rigged to keep you away from someone there and I kept winding back up at the online store sales which is useless. Didn't think my call would help, but it would at least make me feel better to tell someone with Samsung. Just about every electronics I own is Samsung but first time ordering something through Samsung.com and will be the last after I get the replacement. I love the note 7 too much to try anything else.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Called to complain today, am now being told that e-commerce is no longer handling exchanges/refunds and that e-commerce customers are going to be taken care of by someone else, and that we should be contacted this next week with the exchange information. Trying to confirm, on hold right now.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Called to complain today, am now being told that e-commerce is no longer handling exchanges/refunds and that e-commerce customers are going to be taken care of by someone else, and that we should be contacted this next week with the exchange information. Trying to confirm, on hold right now.
I am glad maybe that means something better is going to happen like Samsung.com did in Canada. ANYTHING is better than what is happening now.. Keep us posted. I got tired of calling and getting the runaround....

nonesounique

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Maybe we should all write to this guy and tell him how SAMSUNG.COM SUCKs when their ecommerce online web site perform so badly. Looks like no one work works there in positions of authority really knows what to do! Case in point. I ordered N7 on August 3 at 9 am. No delivery until 2 weeks AFTERWARDS and a week after they are available at retail stores!! Then this fiasco of promising people shipping labels and tons of time wasted calling into their toll free numbers and getting no where from their staff. The bosses are always in meetings. This guy in the video should know this cannot continue. Maybe his job will be gone too?
https://news.samsung.com/us/2016/09...-recall-president-tim-baxter-video-messaging/

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Maybe we should all write to this guy and tell him how SAMSUNG.COM SUCKs when their ecommerce online web site perform so badly. Looks like no one work works there in positions of authority really knows what to do! Case in point. I ordered N7 on August 3 at 9 am. No delivery until 2 weeks AFTERWARDS and a week after they are available at retail stores!! Then this fiasco of promising people shipping labels and tons of time wasted calling into their toll free numbers and getting no where from their staff. The bosses are always in meetings. This guy in the video should know this cannot continue. Maybe his job will be gone too?
https://news.samsung.com/us/2016/09...-recall-president-tim-baxter-video-messaging/
I would if someone could tell me how to actually reach him.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Xkoolaidislifex: Did you ever get a confirmation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC