Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm just wondering if anyone here on this post is just looking to return for a refund rather than a replacement? I know some people on Reddit have suggested to dispute the charge with the credit card company and that might possibly get things going.

When I got the letter from Samsung to shut phone off and not use it, I took mine back to ATT, where I bought it for a full refund on phone and accessories I purchased.
I was not going to keep a phone that was new and I had spent so much money on and not be able to use it

Att was understanding and I got every penny I spent on it. Couldn't have been easier. I paid full price out right for phone.
I did not preorder mine
Went to store on Saturday when they came out.

I hope to buy another one when I feel they are safe.
Sorry some of you are having problems either getting a replacement or refund.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
When I got the letter from Samsung to shut phone off and not use it, I took mine back to ATT, where I bought it for a full refund on phone and accessories I purchased.
I was not going to keep a phone that was new and I had spent so much money on and not be able to use it

Att was understanding and I got every penny I spent on it. Couldn't have been easier. I paid full price out right for phone.
I did not preorder mine
Went to store on Saturday when they came out.

I hope to buy another one when I feel they are safe.
Sorry some of you are having problems either getting a replacement or refund.
Good thing that you bought yours from ATT directly. I won't do Samsung.com again

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Coolbreeze78, Thanks. Let us know if you hear back from them.

Of course not. I didn't get any bounces, so I know he received it. Not surprised, it falls in line with what we already know about how much of a s*it show they are.

I just called (7th time) and the guy, with an attitude, said "the most current information we have for Samsung.com customers as of two days ago is you will receive an email within a week with instructions." A week? GTFO, I bought this thing from the source on August 3rd and haven't touched it in nearly a month. I want it out of my home yet nobody will take it.

Seeing all the gleeful posts about people walking into a carrier, turning in their S7e loaner and walking out with a revised Note 7 is enraging. I mean, I'm happy for them, but it's a slap in the face for us idiots who trusted Samsung.com. And they are waiting on their free Gear VR to ship (from the loaner). That's cute.

I think I'm done with this entire phone/process/bullsheet. No company deserves our hard earned $900 for how we are being treated. We are at the back of the line. Nice.

avalvo

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Call your credit card company. Put in a dispute of the charge. They are so messed up there that they will never REPLY. You will eventually be credited for the full amount. Then just go to a carrier when all calms down. Keep the phone you have. It's probably fine, and will make a nice back up down the road.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Here is the tweet I got from Samsung:

SamsungSupport @SamsungSupport
@donhillLA Hi there, we saw your tweet and wanted to help. Our apologies for the delayed response. Since you purchased your Galaxy Note 7 from Samsung.com , will be reaching out to you this week with your replacement device information. This information will include the exchange or refund specifics. For now, it is extremely important to stop using your device and power it down immediately. Thank you for being a loyal Samsung customer. ^Joseph

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Here is the tweet I got from Samsung:

SamsungSupport @SamsungSupport
@donhillLA Hi there, we saw your tweet and wanted to help. Our apologies for the delayed response. Since you purchased your Galaxy Note 7 from Samsung.com , will be reaching out to you this week with your replacement device information. This information will include the exchange or refund specifics. For now, it is extremely important to stop using your device and power it down immediately. Thank you for being a loyal Samsung customer. ^Joseph
Same line from every phone call.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Call your credit card company. Put in a dispute of the charge. They are so messed up there that they will never REPLY. You will eventually be credited for the full amount. Then just go to a carrier when all calms down. Keep the phone you have. It's probably fine, and will make a nice back up down the road.

Dispute filed. F-em. I'll let Amex's support team (ie. ruthless) sort this out. Silence will not be rewarded, Samsung, especially with a CPSC recalled device being held hostage in our homes. And I'm still looking into litigation. What they've done is not ok.

And a reminder for those who may be new to this thread. We aren't being crybabies about not getting a revised device first. We are simply asking the company who sold us a safety recalled product to handle our devices. To date, not one return label has been sent out to any Samsung.com customer. These devices, which apparently catch fire, are sitting in our homes amongst our families, posessions and pets. Samsung has refused to provide us with a method to return said dangerous devices for nearly a month.

Unacceptable on any level.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Just sent a letter to a law firm clearly outlining what's transpired. Asking for a class action against Samsung/Digital River. Their silence and failure to remove these dangerous devices is posing a serious safety concern for our homes. Doesn't matter if they fix this tomorrow, the damage over the past month has been done. They need to answer to someone else. It's time.

Put a pot of coffee on folks, I'm not going away. They rattled the wrong cage.

nonesounique

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
It really blows my mind how stupid Samsung is handling recalls on Samsung.com direct. Looks like non intelligent managers call the shots. I've called 3 times and one guy tells me that I'm on the phone queue for being called per instructions or exchange. Then I called 3 hours later today and another lady says to wait until tomorrow for the official email on instructions. WTF? Seriously, all of us should write a personal letter to Samsung USA CEO to ask him if he still works there?

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
tim.baxter@samsung.com
tim.baxter@sea.samsung.com
tbaxter@sea.samsung.com

Not sure if one/all/none work, but it's all I could find.

You may also want to find executives for Digital River, since they are they s*itshow e-commerce company that Samsung uses. They should be fired. They belong in 2003 software distribution, not responsible for handling Apple's largest competitor's web sales.

This has gone beyond "gimme mah revised cellphone now!" to a seriously broken handling of a recalled device. Accountability is in order.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I get the feeling that we will be pushed even later in the exchange process since they announced they will only have 500k units available on 9/21. Those will most likely go to the carriers and BB. Would not be surprised if the carriers start selling them before we see ours. Just frustrated with this and the pre-order fiasco.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I get the feeling that we will be pushed even later in the exchange process since they announced they will only have 500k units available on 9/21. Those will most likely go to the carriers and BB. Would not be surprised if the carriers start selling them before we see ours. Just frustrated with this and the pre-order fiasco.

I've been reading that open (new) sales begin tomorrow since most prior owners have exchanged already.

Let that sink in for a moment.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
If you guys think people getting the phones from the carriers was so great think again! For many of us it's been a nightmare. Especially at Sprint and Best Buy. The Sprint store in my area had the phones for almost a week but told people that they didn't have them still when calling them on the phone. Yet when me and my husband went there on Saturday two reps told us that they had the phones for a few days now but they can't do the exchanges till the 19th which is total BS... All of the carriers are suppose to start the exchanges ASAP when they get the phones! There was no set date to start the exchanges. There was a set date for when to sell them. Big difference here... Anyways the reps told us that the stock would be divided so that they could sell some of them. That's going against what Samsung and the Government want them to do. They told several other customers behind us the same thing. WTF... Sunday the next day I see that Sprint.com has the phones up for buying. Heck it even had a option to reserve the phone at my store and be able to pick it up in 1 hour. I didn't know how the that option works so I didn't try it. I know other people were getting their phones from other Sprint stores in other states. Monday we called up and asked to have one put on hold. They flat out refused. I was lucky to get the last Blue one. Plus the fact that we had to pay a activation fee! More BS.... So it's not all fine and dandy for customers doing the exchanges at the carriers and retail stores.

As for Samsung.com? From what I been reading they had a exchange program in place. But FedEx and UPS are the ones refusing to do the deliveries. I got mixed feelings about this as I can see both sides of the coin. I can understand why UPS and FedEx don't want to do it. And I can also understand that now Samsung has to think of another way to do the exchanges. I can see the employees getting stressed about this situation. From angry customers... And they are trying to come up with a solution as fast as they can about this. Personally I blame this on the factory that they were getting the batteries from...

That's all I got to say...

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
If you guys think people getting the phones from the carriers was so great think again! For many of us it's been a nightmare. Especially at Sprint and Best Buy. The Sprint store in my area had the phones for almost a week but told people that they didn't have them still when calling them on the phone. Yet when me and my husband went there on Saturday two reps told us that they had the phones for a few days now but they can't do the exchanges till the 19th which is total BS... All of the carriers are suppose to start the exchanges ASAP when they get the phones! There was no set date to start the exchanges. There was a set date for when to sell them. Big difference here... Anyways the reps told us that the stock would be divided so that they could sell some of them. That's going against what Samsung and the Government want them to do. They told several other customers behind us the same thing. WTF... Sunday the next day I see that Sprint.com has the phones up for buying. Heck it even had a option to reserve the phone at my store and be able to pick it up in 1 hour. I didn't know how the that option works so I didn't try it. I know other people were getting their phones from other Sprint stores in other states. Monday we called up and asked to have one put on hold. They flat out refused. I was lucky to get the last Blue one. Plus the fact that we had to pay a activation fee! More BS.... So it's not all fine and dandy for customers doing the exchanges at the carriers and retail stores.

As for Samsung.com? From what I been reading they had a exchange program in place. But FedEx and UPS are the ones refusing to do the deliveries. I got mixed feelings about this as I can see both sides of the coin. I can understand why UPS and FedEx don't want to do it. And I can also understand that now Samsung has to think of another way to do the exchanges. I can see the employees getting stressed about this situation. From angry customers... And they are trying to come up with a solution as fast as they can about this. Personally I blame this on the factory that they were getting the batteries from...

With all do respect, here's the TL:DR version of our problems :

Originally, no exchanges, only refund.

No one has gotten a refund.

No possibility of a loaner.

Zero information on an exchange/return.

Only answer from Samsung is "wait til we call you, but meanwhile, turn off your phone"

So while I understand we all have our own frustrations, correct me if I'm wrong, but you either have a replacement blue one or are getting one tomorrow. Different altogether.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site

Sorry for your Sprint troubles and welcome to the club. Personally, I have T-Mobile and had I bought from them:

I would have had my choice of any phone in their inventory to be overnighted at no charge as a loaner. Samsung.com offered nothing.

I would have been able to drop my phone off at a local store, ridding it from my posession. Samsung.com offered nothing.

I could have placed an "order" for an exchange at a local store (when they come in). Samsung.com offered nothing.

I could have walked into a T-Mobile store as early as 9/19 and picked up a revised Note 7. Samsung.com offered nothing of the sort.

And to your suspicion that there was in fact an exchange program via Samsung.com/Digital River...I'm sorry, but that's incorrect. Many of us called and emailed from day one of the CPSC announcement and everyone was told "there is no exchange program for Samsung.com customers, you can only return for a refund and rebuy in the future." I understand the wrinkle with FedEx/UPS, but as customers, that's not our problem. Hell, Samsung in Canada not only offered an immediate exchange program, but sent out a list of "safe drop points" around the country for the dangerous devices.

I'm no CEO here but the solution is quite simple. Samsung could have had us take them to a carrier store/Best Buy immediately and drop them off, getting them out of our possession. They then could have had the store record the IMEI (showing transactional history) and set us up for a replacement device when they arrived in the store from Samsung. We walk in, show our ID/email from Samsung.com showing the purchase and off we go. Instantly fixed. I mean, this isn't molecular chemistry here. It's quite a simple concept, given the roadblock with UPS/FedEx (hire me Samsung?).

Instead they have chosen to leave us in complete silence. No bueno and I'm not okay with that.

We have received exactly zero interaction/communication in the last month. The last month. Nothing.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, they never had an exchange program for those of us who bought directly from Samsung. The solution, they will send an email with a return label in 7 to 10 business days, they will refund you (could take several weeks), and then you can get back in line and repurchase. Last week when FedEx and UPS backed out they said they will have a process in place this week (I was told by 9/21). Most recently, others have been told next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.