WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
With all do respect, here's the TL:DR version of our problems :

Originally, no exchanges, only refund.

No one has gotten a refund.

No possibility of a loaner.

Zero information on an exchange/return.

Only answer from Samsung is "wait til we call you, but meanwhile, turn off your phone"

So while I understand we all have our own frustrations, correct me if I'm wrong, but you either have a replacement blue one or are getting one tomorrow. Different altogether.

Actually my Sprint store wasn't lending out phones, and it's the same situation with the other stores from other carriers. Only a handful were actually doing it. I only had two choices. I could either exchange it for a different phone. Or keep it and wait for the replacement. As I said many of us were having problems with the carriers as well. I couldn't even just drop the phone off and put a order in for a new one... They flat out refused to do it... So I had to keep a bomb in my house and wait for the replacement and do the exchange...

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Actually my Sprint store wasn't lending out phones, and it's the same situation with the other stores from other carriers. Only a handful were actually doing it. I only had two choices. I could either exchange it for a different phone. Or keep it and wait for the replacement. As I said many of us were having problems with the carriers as well. I couldn't even just drop the phone off and put a order in for a new one... They flat out refused to do it... So I had to keep a bomb in my house and wait for the replacement and do the exchange...

Believe me, we feel for you too.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I only had two choices. I could either exchange it for a different phone. Or keep it and wait for the replacement.

At least you had choices. That's kind of our point. We have been given absolutely no choices at all. Not even to exchange for a different phone. And people only knew about the FedEx/UPS issue because a few reps slipped up and communicated that.

I'm betting there are some Samsung.com customers out there who haven't bothered to call. They have gone an entire month in silence. The only email that's been sent out was about the "exchange program." Lol, but that doesn't apply to Samsung.com customers, sorry. Only those who are all over forums actually know the real situation, piecemealed together from others. That's not good.

I'm not trying to say your situation is in any way better. There are tales of nightmares everywhere, but by FAR, customers who thought they were "smart" by buying directly from the source are being MEGA screwed here. Mega.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
The sad thing is I know that there was a exchange program in place for Samsung.com because I had gotten all of those e mails about the recall. You could either get a refund or exchange it for a S7 or S7 Edge. I know some people that had sent in their phones and had gotten the S7 or Edge loaner phones. Of course this probably happened before UPS and FedEx decided not to do the deliveries anymore.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
The sad thing is I know that there was a exchange program in place for Samsung.com because I had gotten all of those e mails about the recall. You could either get a refund or exchange it for a S7 or S7 Edge. I know some people that had sent in their phones and had gotten the S7 or Edge loaner phones. Of course this probably happened before UPS and FedEx decided not to do the deliveries anymore.

Cool. I called on day one after that email and they said I'd receive a label in a few days. One month later, no label, no follow-up, just silence. And the loaner was a junky J series. That program ended faster than it started.

We've all been through a nightmare. I know this is an unprecedented situation, but so so many things could have been done better.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
By FedEx and UPS refusing to do the deliveries it's put Samsung in a stickier situation now. I thought things were going smoothly on Samsung's end because even when reading youtube replies on videos they were able to get the refund or exchange it. Most of them were exchanging for the S7 or Edge. And I believe a few were doing the loaner phone J series. Now I'm reading this about things not getting done and I'm like what the... When the heck did this start happening with FedEx and UPS?

Nadeemikram75

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
I m in UK, still using my note 7 as I called Samsung UK now directly many time in past few days to either speedup replacement procedure or arrange loan device for me until replacement done of note 7 as I directly bought from Samsung but sorry to say they all said they are not providing any loan device in UK. I paid more price when I buy from Samsung website online but instead providing more care, they all says they can't do anything. I don't have my previous device that's why I m compelled to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
By FedEx and UPS refusing to do the deliveries it's put Samsung in a stickier situation now. I thought things were going smoothly on Samsung's end because even when reading youtube replies on videos they were able to get the refund or exchange it. Most of them were exchanging for the S7 or Edge. And I believe a few were doing the loaner phone J series. Now I'm reading this about things not getting done and I'm like what the... When the heck did this start happening with FedEx and UPS?

Actually I don't know anyone who order from Samsung.com that has gotten anything but a promise of a return label. There was no exchange for the J series or the S7/Edge. From day one we were all told that the exchange program did not apply to Samsung.com orders, period. It was return only. Many of us argued and called multiple times, to no avail. There has never been an exchange program for Samsung.com buyers. Let us know if you have seen any others who have succeeded.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, but I don't believe you know anyone who was able to send their phone back to Samsung.com and receive anything in return. From the very beginning, the instructions were to go to the retailer you purchased from, and they gave a # to call if you purchased from Samsung.com. When you called that #, they said they would send a return shipping label. NO ONE to date has reported ever receiving that label.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why I keep calling:

"sorry, I can't transfer you to our team handling exchanges, they're too busy calling you about your exchange. Just wait until midnight. Or a week. Just wait but don't worry, we have your information, just wait, okay?"

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why I keep calling:

"sorry, I can't transfer you to our team handling exchanges, they're too busy calling you about your exchange. Just wait until midnight. Or a week. Just wait but don't worry, we have your information, just wait, okay?"

Lol. Just leave us alone. We know it's been a month and we know you have been in the dark. But quit calling, ok? And all those people who have replacements now? Just pretend they don't exist, ok? And stop calling because we are trying to call you ok? You are tying up the phone lines, K?

Please just wait ok? Thank you ok. Goodbye.

(300 billion dollar company ok)

Again, Digital River needs to go. They cannot handle this task.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Lol. Just leave us alone. We know it's been a month and we know you have been in the dark. But quit calling, ok? And all those people who have replacements now? Just pretend they don't exist, ok? And stop calling because we are trying to call you ok? You are tying up the phone lines, K?

Please just wait ok? Thank you ok. Goodbye.

(300 billion dollar company ok)

Again, Digital River needs to go. They cannot handle this task.
Coolbreeze78, I wonder what happened to, "somebody else will be handling this now". I got all elated over that statement last week thinking we were heading in a right direction. Seems the same people are still handling this??

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Coolbreeze78, I wonder what happened to, "somebody else will be handling this now". I got all elated over that statement last week thinking we were heading in a right direction. Seems the same people are still handling this??
I have to assume so. I don't understand why I have to wait for someone to call me, supposedly today, when I can call them. I guarantee this is going to be a ****show, and I guarantee that even though our "safety is their number 1 priority", if we're getting shipped replacements, it wont be overnight or 2-day.

I just want them to stop being condescending, stop messing around with us, and give us some information.

nonesounique

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
haha. Today is 9/21. The promised date for getting to the end of this nonsense? Guess what? I called and then was on hold for 30 minutes only to be told that a new department is going to handle this and this is their new number we should call: 1-844-365-6197.
BUT WAIT! This number will not be active until Samsung sends us a email telling us when it will be activated, probably next week!!!
Tim Baxter got to go. This is absolute madness. Do they want a class action lawsuit?

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
haha. Today is 9/21. The promised date for getting to the end of this nonsense? Guess what? I called and then was on hold for 30 minutes only to be told that a new department is going to handle this and this is their new number we should call: 1-844-365-6197.
BUT WAIT! This number will not be active until Samsung sends us a email telling us when it will be activated, probably next week!!!
Tim Baxter got to go. This is absolute madness. Do they want a class action lawsuit?
Called that number, got transferred back to the exchange hotline. Meanwhile, I can order one from Verizon today...

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Amex just called about my charge back. They are going after Samsung/Digital River.

I've moved to an iPhone and am waiting to hear back from the law firm about my class action request.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Amex just called about my charge back. They are going after Samsung/Digital River.

I've moved to an iPhone and am waiting to hear back from the law firm about my class action request.
Whoohoo. Glad Amex called you back. I wish I could move on to something else but need the note 7. Too tied into the note/Android ecosystems to drop out. I stopped in Best Buy today just to see if Samsung rep knew of anything or by chance had a number I could call. Of course she gave the same Samsung number we have all been calling. Told her about our situation and she seemed really surprised? I can't believe she doesn't know what a mess Samsung.com is. But maybe she doesn't. Either way couldn't really get anything out of her but a "I am so sorry". Told her all of our horror stories. Also, you can tell they are hiding something when you ask them about Digital River. They act dumbfounded to the question. She did today and I have had a couple on line act like they didn't know what I was taking about. Reminds me of the days long ago when I was selling Amway. Amway had such a bad rep that when someone would ask "Is this Amway?", we were supposed to deflect the question like we had never heard of the company. I just couldn't do that and I know the people at Samsung's "customerless" service center probably have been told to keep telling us anything to get us off the phone. Oh well, this is for sure a "live and learn" moment.

Also annoying was the Best Buy I was at was swapping out the Note 7's and the prices seemed to be going smoothly...

Coolbreeze78, l know you have moved on to the iPhone but if you hear anything else on either front you are working on, please let us know. The only thing that has somewhat made me feel good about this is you and others like you on this thread keep pushing trying to get an answer and posting it on this thread. Hope you enjoy the iPhone. For one thing I know there customer service is light years ahead of Samsung. My grandson works for them and it's amazing hour they treat their customers.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, but I don't believe you know anyone who was able to send their phone back to Samsung.com and receive anything in return. From the very beginning, the instructions were to go to the retailer you purchased from, and they gave a # to call if you purchased from Samsung.com. When you called that #, they said they would send a return shipping label. NO ONE to date has reported ever receiving that label.

Why don't you go on YouTube and look it up? There's a few videos where the people say they were able to send them back... I'm going by what I saw and the replies made by people in the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed