Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you go on YouTube and look it up? There's a few videos where the people say they were able to send them back... I'm going by what I saw and the replies made by people in the comments.

There is as a very small window...probably measured in hours, where this was possible. It's not like we are all misunderstanding somehow but thanks.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
There is as a very small window...probably measured in hours, where this was possible. It's not like we are all misunderstanding somehow but thanks.

You are right. It probably happened for a short time and then Samsung pulled the plug when they found out that FedEx and UPS weren't going to do anything. This is the first time I'm hearing about FedEx and UPS news. I been watching videos and reading the replies up till other day. I wanted to read more news on the whole situation. If the same thing that happened to me was happening to other people. So I joined Androidcentral. And as a shock I read about this now...

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
It's so terrible that all of you are struggling with samsung.com. I almost bought from them but then ended up going to best buy initially. I would ask your credit card to block the transaction and buy it from best buy or carrier .good luck hope all goes well for you all.

Lethal1148

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the same boat as everyone here. I purchased the Note 7 from Samsung directly, using PayPal.

I've been lurking on several forums, and people are doing charge backs. I've heard a few people have had success with doing a charge back via PayPal. Apparently Digital River never responded to PayPal's inquiry, and people got refunds. I just filed a claim with PayPal, hopefully I get my money back. I'll update once I hear something back. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Last edited:

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the same boat as everyone here. I purchased the Note 7 from Samsung directly, using PayPal.

I've been lurking on several forums, and people are doing charge backs. I've heard a few people have had success with doing a charge back via PayPal. Apparently Digital River never responded to PayPal's inquiry, and people got refunds. I just filed a claim with PayPal, hopefully I get my money back. I'll update once I hear something back. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.
Lethal1148, Thanks, I used visa not sure how good they are at charge backs? If I don't hear back from Samsung.com by Friday I am going to find out.

marler6

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I just filed a dispute with Paypal for Digital River and clearly wrote and outlined all the events that's transpired since the beginning of pre-oder. Digital River has 10 days to respond to the case and if they don't then I guess I'll be getting a refund. I'm the type to try and be understanding and let things resolve in due order,and then take action if need be but this is ridiculous. They've clearly dissolved my patience and it's upsetting because I adore this phone a lot. After this whole fiasco, I'll never order anything directly from Samsung again. Their customer service is a joke. It's sad because I can't picture myself using or wanting another phone so I will stick with the Note 7.

If they do refund me then I will order it again, this time with my carrier. Hopefully Digital River ignores my case like the others and get the chargeback.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Coolbreeze78, I wonder what happened to, "somebody else will be handling this now". I got all elated over that statement last week thinking we were heading in a right direction. Seems the same people are still handling this??
I could swear I just got off the phone with the SAME guy I argued with last time . . . lol. I just got another email telling me about their NEW department and the new number. I don't know why I even bother any more, but I thought it might be fun to try again. Guess what, someone will be in contact with me within a week with instructions! Hahahahahaha... SAME EXACT story, and I swear it was the same guy. Absolutely nothing new. This was 10 minutes ago.

So, I asked if I could BUY another one so I could at least have a "safe" one to use while I wait for them to take back my exploding edition. NOPE! We are not yet selling new Note 7's. Check back in a couple of days.

I just need a Note 7 I can buy outright, without activation, and move my SIM over. Verizon has them, but "We can't sell you one without activation" .

My phone is on a business account and the only way to use my phone of choice is to buy it and insert my SIM. It's one of the reasons I ordered direct from Samsung.com in the first place.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, not that it will probably matter but just emailed Tim Baxter with the 3 email addresses to Tim that coolbreeze78 provided in this thread BEGGING for help on this. Really don't think he will even see it but had to let off steam somewhere. Still waiting till Friday to see if I hear anything from this "new" group that is supposed to be handling this before trying a charge back. The only problem is I have an ATT phone and unlike Sprint and Verizon ATT is not selling to new customers and I am hearing October 21st before Samsung will start selling new ones.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
In an effort to merge information found on other forums, it appears that we can file a complaint to CPSC detailing our woes with Samsung. If enough of us report the issue, CPSC might push Samsung to fix the problem. If worst comes to worst, we need to spread the word to bloggers, news outlets, and social media; to get attention to the issue.

CPSC Link:
https://www.saferproducts.gov/CPSRMSPublic/Incidents/ReportIncident.aspx

Or, you can call the number below:

U.S. CPSC ‏@USCPSC 9h9 hours ago
@sundancejedi @donhillLA if you haven't done so already, please give our recall hotline a call to file a report: (800) 638-2772

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I feel bad for those of you that purchased directly from Samsung.

Could be worse though, you could have purchased through Sam's Club!

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Called CPSC, at least the woman there agreed that our situation is ridiculous. They're passing it up the chain.
I just did the same thing.I called 800-638-2772 (CPSC) and they took my info and will have s compliance officer call me back.

Also, Saw on the Sam's Club recall thread that some have been successful taking their ATT phones bought through SC to an official ATT store to get them exchanged, something apparently changed yesterday that Att will swap out a N7 even bought through 3rd party sellers. Don't hold me to that but that is what they are saying in that thread. Will keep you posted.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I just did the same thing.I called 800-638-2772 (CPSC) and they took my info and will have s compliance officer call me back.

Also, Saw on the Sam's Club recall thread that some have been successful taking their ATT phones bought through SC to an official ATT store to get them exchanged, something apparently changed yesterday that Att will swap out a N7 even bought through 3rd party sellers. Don't hold me to that but that is what they are saying in that thread. Will keep you posted.
I tried to do that at Verizon yesterday, but there was a 2 hour wait just to talk to someone. Saw a good number of happy people walking around with their new note 7.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
VZW has said no to me from the start, and as recently as yesterday. Would love to see this change now that ATT send to be accommodating.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Called today. Got a support ticket number. Even had them ask for a secondary color preference...not getting my hopes up. They said they started shipping replacement devices yesterday. I'll believe it when someone here posts that they have received any confirmation.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Called today. Got a support ticket number. Even had them ask for a secondary color preference...not getting my hopes up. They said they started shipping replacement devices yesterday. I'll believe it when someone here posts that they have received any confirmation.
Who samsung.com started shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.