Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Good grief, just got of the phone and they are saying they will call me tomorrow or Monday. "SURE". Anyway he said the process now is to send us the phone FIRST and we then have a week to send the old phone back. Plus $25 credit. Will believe it when I see it. Also still waiting in my call from CPSC..

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I just did the same thing.I called 800-638-2772 (CPSC) and they took my info and will have s compliance officer call me back.

Also, Saw on the Sam's Club recall thread that some have been successful taking their ATT phones bought through SC to an official ATT store to get them exchanged, something apparently changed yesterday that Att will swap out a N7 even bought through 3rd party sellers. Don't hold me to that but that is what they are saying in that thread. Will keep you posted.

I bought from Samsung.com, but did get this text from AT&T:

AT&T Free Msg: New Samsung Galaxy Note7s have been approved for consumer use and are now available in AT&T stores. Visit your local store to replace phones you purchased from us on or before September 15. For your safety, AT&T, Samsung and the Consumer Product Safety Commission strongly urge you to immediately power down and stop using the Samsung Galaxy Note7s on your account. For details go to att.com/note7

Key words there "purchased from us". But their Note 7 recall website says:

Customers with a recalled Galaxy Note7 are still strongly encouraged to visit their original place of purchase or come to the AT&T store nearest you to exchange that device.

I did not want to waste time waiting at an AT&T store only to be told no. Will try today if I have time.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Everyone got these types of texts from their carriers. AT&T won't help you because they didn't sell it to you.

I could be wrong but good luck. Hope they do help.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Everyone got these types of texts from their carriers. AT&T won't help you because they didn't sell it to you.

I could be wrong but good luck. Hope they do help.
That's what they told me too the other day. BUT on the Sam's Club thread they have people getting them swapped at ATT as of yesterday at some ATT stores that bought from Sam's club.. When I called Samsung.com today they have at least changed their tune and saying they will send the phone to us first then we send them back somehow??? But as before I ain't holding my breath.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh, one more thing. Samsung.com told me that they had to supply the carriers before they could supply ours. Just like we figured on the pre-order issues. Another reason I will never buy from Samsung.com again.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Called today. Got a support ticket number. Even had them ask for a secondary color preference...not getting my hopes up. They said they started shipping replacement devices yesterday. I'll believe it when someone here posts that they have received any confirmation.

Pretty sure they only shipped to the carriers and BB yesterday. They will fulfill the carrier demands before they ship to us. Hope this changes next week. Hoping CPSC will help us out now that several people have called in complaints.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure they only shipped to the carriers and BB yesterday. They will fulfill the carrier demands before they ship to us. Hope this changes next week. Hoping CPSC will help us out now that several people have called in complaints.
Agree...

JK2010

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I preordered on 8/7 and have yet to even receive the first shipping notice for the phone. Luckily I don't have to endure the recall process but it is still ridiculous that it has been almost 2 months now since paypal took my money and yet I have nothing to show for it. Oh, besides the 256 gig card that I can't do crap with until I get the phone. Also an email I just recently received says that it may not ship out until 10/21. So bad, so so bad.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I preordered on 8/7 and have yet to even receive the first shipping notice for the phone. Luckily I don't have to endure the recall process but it is still ridiculous that it has been almost 2 months now since paypal took my money and yet I have nothing to show for it. Oh, besides the 256 gig card that I can't do crap with until I get the phone. Also an email I just recently received says that it may not ship out until 10/21. So bad, so so bad.
South Korea has just put out some new safety checks for the note 7 and it will take longer to ship out devices now so that may be a reason for the hold up if you ordered from samsung.com

Lethal1148

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
You might still have the option of canceling the order, if that fails, PayPal will probably be willing to do a charge back.

Side note: Have not heard anything from PayPal or Digital River from my PayPal charge back case. Don't really expect to until 10/1/16, which is 10 days from when I opened my case. I think PayPal will make a determination on my case by then.

JK2010

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
No, unfortunately I have an S4 that is on it's deathbed and regardless of the problems the phone has had I'm super stoked to get it. Just bad that since I chose to pay with PayPal I have already been charged and apparently when you pay through PayPal (since it's the most secure way to pay on the internet, IMO) it checks you out as a guest account with no way to attach the order to a Samsung account. Therefore I cannot even see the status of the order online until I have a tracking number. Bleh.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
The CPSC responded to me today. They initially thought I was upset I hadn't received a replacement yet...then I clarified.

Let's just say they were very interested in the fact that Samsung.com hasn't provided a method to return the device. This is exactly the attention we have been trying to receive. They asked for additional info, including my IMEI and said they would contact Samsung to better understand the situation...busted.

:)

marla523

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Ok, just got an email from them to fill out email address and order number. Then you pick if you want a refund or exchange, etc. They're sending a special packaging/box to ship the phone back through UPS. You have 14 days to do this after you receive your new phone. It says the new Note 7 will arrive in 2-3 days....

marla523

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
After I put in the information, this is what the confirmation page said....

Thank you.

Please note the following important information:

Please do not return your current Galaxy Note7 device unless it is in the special return packaging we send to you.

You have chosen to receive a new Note7 64 GB Blue Coral. It will be shipped to you within the next 2 - 3 business days, and you will receive an email when your new device has shipped. You will also receive a separate refund for Galaxy Note7 accessories which you have purchased on Samsung.com

We regret any incovenience this may cause and thank you for your cooperation. You will receive a $25 Samsung.com Reward eCertificate, good towards a future purchase on Samsung.com

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Got the email as well....aaaand the order # it referenced was incorrect. Good job, guys.

I had to log in and find the order number. Not surprised.

Now I'm faced with a decision...I've abandoned the idea, now I'm like hmm, I fought like a maniac (like all here) for this to be resolved. Now that the resolution is staring right at me, does Samsung really still deserve my $910? I mean, I could probably buy one in a month for like $600 or less (Swappa, etc). I just think the used market will tank out with these for some reason (it really shouldn't but people are weird).

At this point, I'm going to flip a coin. I just don't know if I can reward them at this point, but man they make solid hardware.

If I do, I'll probably go for the "have someone come to my home and pick up the device" just to add aggravation to them. Passive-aggressive stuff I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21