Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Don't send back anything other than the phone itself... I'd keep the spen too
I agree. Once you get the box you will see that there is no room for anything other than the phone. I am keeping the pen as well. Really looks like all they want back is the phone.
Ok, just got my box in a box to return my phone even though I haven't received my replacement phone yet. It looks like all they are asking for is the phone. They have instructions with pictures on how to pack it and it looks like the only thing that will fit in it is the phone itself without the original box and accessories t that originally came with it.

sharmanas

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Just got off the phone with someone who claims to be the one collecting my Note 7 tomorrow. Just the phone, no accessories or anything. I haven't received any official confirmation nor communication regarding my Note 7 return since I filled out the return form on Samsung.com. Is there anything you guys got while handing over your phones to these people who are supposedly collecting Note 7 devices and then returning them to Samsung? Like a proof of handing over or a receipt of some kind? Thanks in advance.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Just called Samsung exchange# 800-915-9950 and he said they are still waiting on the ATT phones to come in so they can ship them out. As usual he is saying they are hoping to receiving them anytime soon. Maybe that is why none of us who are on att have received them yet. But take all this with a grain of salt as usual.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with someone who claims to be the one collecting my Note 7 tomorrow. Just the phone, no accessories or anything. I haven't received any official confirmation nor communication regarding my Note 7 return since I filled out the return form on Samsung.com. Is there anything you guys got while handing over your phones to these people who are supposedly collecting Note 7 devices and then returning them to Samsung? Like a proof of handing over or a receipt of some kind? Thanks in advance.
Sharmanas, have you called 800-915-9950 (Samsung exchange) and asked them?

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Just called Samsung exchange# 800-915-9950 and he said they are still waiting on the ATT phones to come in so they can ship them out. As usual he is saying they are hoping to receiving them anytime soon. Maybe that is why none of us who are on att have received them yet. But take all this with a grain of salt as usual.

An email telling us the phones are delayed would be nice. Why do we have to be the detectives here?

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I hope you guys watch out for scammers, it would be easy to scam Samsung.com note 7 buyers....beware who you give your return device to as well..

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Well, been using my replacement for a day. Seems fine as far as I can tell. Has not exploded. Now I'll just wait for the special return box for my exploding edition.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
So I just got notified of a 2nd 2-lb box shipping from Samsung. I already have my replacement phone and my return kit. Anyone else have a 3rd shipment?

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
So I just got notified of a 2nd 2-lb box shipping from Samsung. I already have my replacement phone and my return kit. Anyone else have a 3rd shipment?

Congratulations. You are getting a second Note 7. Free.

Seriously. I have two sitting here on my desk. Samsung.txt

Total circus over there.

I'm not terribly inclined to call and wade through the phone bull***t again to beg them to let me fix their folly. Backup phone I guess. Have a silver and blue one now. And no charge for either on my Amex.

I guarantee you the mix up was from the web order replacement and the TX call replacement. Seems two orders that weren't connected were placed. Sweet.

SMDH. This is not how you run a business.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations. You are getting a second Note 7. Free.

Seriously. I have two sitting here on my desk. Samsung.txt

Total circus over there.

I'm not terribly inclined to call and wade through the phone bull***t again to beg them to let me fix their folly. Backup phone I guess. Have a silver and blue one now. And no charge for either on my Amex.

I guarantee you the mix up was from the web order replacement and the TX call replacement. Seems two orders that weren't connected were placed. Sweet.

SMDH. This is not how you run a business.
I just got a third notice from Samsung that my order has shipped via FedEx.

That's different from the second one UPS notification. Three Note 7s? I guess that makes up for not getting 2 more promo items like carrier peeps who got loaners.

So like many others, my replacement was just a Note 7 in a box. No letter or invoice, nothing, just the phone.

Maybe I complained so much, everyone I talked to just sent me one to shut me up.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I just got a third notice from Samsung that my order has shipped via FedEx.

That's different from the second one UPS notification. Three Note 7s? I guess that makes up for not getting 2 more promo items like carrier peeps who got loaners.

So like many others, my replacement was just a Note 7 in a box. No letter or invoice, nothing, just the phone.

Maybe I complained so much, everyone I talked to just sent me one to shut me up.
it's amazing how y'all are getting two and three phones and I can't get one...But I have a beautiful ceramic lined box to play with..

Last edited:

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
it's amazing how y'all are getting two and three phones and I can't get one...But I have a beautiful ceramic lined box to play with..
Don't forget to wear your rubber glove while you do!

Side note: tried to get a Gear VR using my new IMEI, no dice since my only receipt is the email from Samsung.com.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget to wear your rubber glove while you do!

Side note: tried to get a Gear VR using my new IMEI, no dice since my only receipt is the email from Samsung.com.
Thanks will do. This fiasco with Samsung.com just seems like it will never end.. T-Mobile must be trying to get rid of their replacement phones by giving them to you guys.....

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry man, not gloating just confused. I mean, thanks Samsung? It's a super weird situation. All of it. This has been a fiasco of epic proportions.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Sorry man, not gloating just confused. I mean, thanks Samsung? It's a super weird situation. All of it. This has been a fiasco of epic proportions.
Coolbreeaze78, I didn't take it as gloating, more as what you just said. "This has been a fiasco of epic proportions"! I am happy you got your replacement, I am just tired of waiting every day thinking I well either get it unexpectedly, or at least get a notice saying it's coming. But as of today nothing...if I didn't love the Note series so much I would move on to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie