Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
No, they called about picking up my original. Multiple ticket numbers for the same original. I received 3 replacements,and have been called for 2 pickups and received my one package for return.
Shi what are you doing with your replacements? I have one coming tomorrow as well

marla523

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if I should bother calling Samsung or not. I put in for a replacement immediately and got my empty box in a box last Friday. I haven't received any tracking numbers, emails or the replacement phone. Does it help at all to call? Or just wait? Are they going to want my old phone before I get the replacement?

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I should bother calling Samsung or not. I put in for a replacement immediately and got my empty box in a box last Friday. I haven't received any tracking numbers, emails or the replacement phone. Does it help at all to call? Or just wait? Are they going to want my old phone before I get the replacement?

Here's what I did. Don't know if it is connected. Called the number from the confirmation email (1-855-726-8721). Connected to off-shore. At first they wanted to get me a tracking number, would call me back in 5 to 7 business days. Say no to that and tell them you have an order number and want to speak to someone who can look up your order. That should get you a supervisor and then transferred to on-shore. Unfortunately on-shore is only open until 9PM ET. I called Tuesday afternoon and was nicely told that they were back ordered. Later that night I got a shipping notice from FedEx (2 days), should be here on Thursday. After all of that, I finally get a call from Samsung today asking if I want a refund or a replacement (WTF!). I said I had signed up for a replacement weeks ago, had a unit coming tomorrow, and already have the return shipping box. Oh well. I think this means they must have the AT&T phones in stock. Hope your's comes soon too.

marla523

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Here's what I did. Don't know if it is connected. Called the number from the confirmation email (1-855-726-8721). Connected to off-shore. At first they wanted to get me a tracking number, would call me back in 5 to 7 business days. Say no to that and tell them you have an order number and want to speak to someone who can look up your order. That should get you a supervisor and then transferred to on-shore. Unfortunately on-shore is only open until 9PM ET. I called Tuesday afternoon and was nicely told that they were back ordered. Later that night I got a shipping notice from FedEx (2 days), should be here on Thursday. After all of that, I finally get a call from Samsung today asking if I want a refund or a replacement (WTF!). I said I had signed up for a replacement weeks ago, had a unit coming tomorrow, and already have the return shipping box. Oh well. I think this means they must have the AT&T phones in stock. Hope your's comes soon too.

Thank you so much, I will do exactly what you said. I'll call tomorrow.
This is just really annoying.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
While im hoping everyone that wants their replacement gets it asap, I wonder if recent news of a replacement note 7 exploding on a southwest flight is getting you all to think again? Personally I'm a bit concerned but I'd wait to see what Samsung finds. Crazy mess ugh! Good luck to you all.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
While im hoping everyone that wants their replacement gets it asap, I wonder if recent news of a replacement note 7 exploding on a southwest flight is getting you all to think again? Personally I'm a bit concerned but I'd wait to see what Samsung finds. Crazy mess ugh! Good luck to you all.
Yeah. I'm skeptical for a few reasons:

The Verge is hardly a reputable news site.

The box that they show with the alleged sticker with IMEI information is NOT on a Note 7 box. It is a white box with a sticker on the side of it. The Note 7 comes in an all black box with the sticker on the bottom.

Most reports of Note 7s catching fire have bern false. That dudes Jeep? FALSE. Garage up in flames? FALSE.

When the official report comes out I'll make my judgment.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I'm skeptical for a few reasons:

The Verge is hardly a reputable news site.

The box that they show with the alleged sticker with IMEI information is NOT on a Note 7 box. It is a white box with a sticker on the side of it. The Note 7 comes in an all black box with the sticker on the bottom.

Most reports of Note 7s catching fire have bern false. That dudes Jeep? FALSE. Garage up in flames? FALSE.

When the official report comes out I'll make my judgment.
The ATT variant comes in a white and blue box, with the sticker on the white side. It's the only variant with that color box.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I saw white AT&T box in one news link with black square it is possible he had old one and didn't exchange and got some fake pix from those that others post online

marla523

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Thank you so much, I will do exactly what you said. I'll call tomorrow.
This is just really annoying.

I just callled, they told me they ran out of stock and will be receiving new phones today or tomorrow and I should have the phone within a week. I guess we'll see what happens.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I just callled, they told me they ran out of stock and will be receiving new phones today or tomorrow and I should have the phone within a week. I guess we'll see what happens.
That because they keep giving everyone multiple phones...

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
No, they called about picking up my original. Multiple ticket numbers for the same original. I received 3 replacements,and have been called for 2 pickups and received my one package for return.
With the the replacements are you trying to pick the one with best battery life? The replacement I got the other day doesn't seem to have as good as battery life as my original one did. Going to let it settle in for a few days and see what happens.

melonzzzzz

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Got my replacement phone. Charging now and syncing from backup.

I don't get the warning when I plug in my replacement device but I don't have the green battery. Is this normal?

I assume the green is for previously sold phones that need to be designated as safe?

Jad Morffier

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Got my replacement phone. Charging now and syncing from backup.

I don't get the warning when I plug in my replacement device but I don't have the green battery. Is this normal?

I assume the green is for previously sold phones that need to be designated as safe?

I got my replacement yesterday and it was only after I'd turned the phone on and connected online that I got a software/firmware update warning. After installing and rebooting you get the green battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL