Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
So I called Samsung eCommerce Dept today to ask about my AT&T unit that was ordered on 20 Aug and never fulfilled. Previously received answer to expect "fulfillment" by/on 14 October. The answer today is that the system shows "backorder", but stock is "due to arrive tomorrow" so "you might receive your Note 7 one day next week." I plan to check again on Monday. If still no decent info, I will likely cancel my order and stay with my Note 5.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a feeling I'll never get my replacement phone. Did anyone see this article?
https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/07/bloomberg-atandt-considering-a-halt-on-galaxy-note-7-sales/
Now it seems like it's great you are not getting the replacement phone, as you can see by the other threads we have more news coming out that the replacements have caught fire. I think 4 or five now here in the states.

If this all pans out to be true then the new problem will be us dealing with Samsung.com just to get our money back and move on. I will hate it too because I love this phone. We might have to wind up doing like coolbreeze78 did and try and get a charge back on our credit card. We are back to wait and see again. What a fiasco to such a great phone.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Given the news that Samsung never really fixed the problem (here comes a huge multi-miliion/billion dollar lawsuit...?) I'm out. Surely there is a whistle-blower inside the organization...now we wait on him/her to come forward. Sounds like they never really fixed the issue and put profits first. That's not a company I want to do business with.

While I did sell mine locally, I just sent the guy a proactive text telling him I'd give him a full refund if he wants. It's the right thing to do. If Samsung won't handle this honestly, at least I will.

BTW, I was never charged for it. And I have a free second one here that I've been using.

I want them both gone. Never again, Samsung has tossed napalm on this bridge.

chat.PNG

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Coolbreeze78, I am not there yet, maybe they thought they fixed it? But, understand the frustration. BTW, great way to treat your buyer..

Last edited:

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm even more happy that I have these two extras. I think I might just try and walk into a Verizon and grab a Pixel XL for my Note 7 that I received as a gift

Lethal1148

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
If there's another recall on the N7, the phone is finished. There's way too much bad press on it. Makes me wish I had just gotten a refund and repurchased from a carrier, instead of an exchange.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Walked in to the Apple Store today, walked out with an iPhone 7+ 256. I'm fully done this time. Good luck to all who keep supporting this crooked company. They knew. It will be a business class case study about ethics for years to come.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Walked in to the Apple Store today, walked out with an iPhone 7+ 256. I'm fully done this time. Good luck to all who keep supporting this crooked company. They knew. It will be a business class case study about ethics for years to come.

Wow they actually had them in stock?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully Samsung.com learned something during the first recall and we can all get our money back easily but I won't hold my breath. If they hesitate at all this time to refund I am just going to do what coolbreeze78 did last time and try to get a charge back on my credit card. At least there is enough news out there about this situation that the credit card companies will know it's an issue. I do know that what ever phone I do pick up it's not going to be with Samsung.com. I will go into a ATT carrier store and pick it up this time. They won't fool me again with their lousy customer service if I can ever get our from under them.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I too am at the end of the line with this fiasco. If there is a second recall, then the Note 7 is dead and will not survive. I am contemplating buying a S7 Edge from Best Buy (they are in stock in my area) and just wait for Samsung to initiate a recall. I will ask for a refund for the phone and accessories. Will keep the S7 Edge until they get a truly fixed Note 7 (doubtful) or when the Note 8 comes out. I will miss the S Pen, but I need a stable phone that I can depend on. I use my phone for work email when away from my work laptop and cannot keep requesting new provisions for every phone change. I have a feeling that a recall will happen this week.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I too am at the end of the line with this fiasco. If there is a second recall, then the Note 7 is dead and will not survive. I am contemplating buying a S7 Edge from Best Buy (they are in stock in my area) and just wait for Samsung to initiate a recall. I will ask for a refund for the phone and accessories. Will keep the S7 Edge until they get a truly fixed Note 7 (doubtful) or when the Note 8 comes out. I will miss the S Pen, but I need a stable phone that I can depend on. I use my phone for work email when away from my work laptop and cannot keep requesting new provisions for every phone change. I have a feeling that a recall will happen this week.
I will probably do the same thing, I am too invested in Samsung to try anything else. I just hate the fact that I have been using a Note since Note 2 and this will be the first non spen phone in years. But instead of best buy I will go into a corporate store.. Just easier to swap and/or get fixed if another issue.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
A couple of days ago I was setting up my Note 7 for my car audio. The car is 7.5 years old and I asked it to list other paired phones:

Note 5
Note 4
Note 3
iPhone 5
iPhone 4s

Reminded my how much I have liked the Note Series and how it enticed my from Apple.

a2gtinut

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Just received email thay my coral blue ATT shipped. It took long time to get it but we will see what happens next. Original phone was charged few times and no issue but not really using it. Due to 'warning'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary