10-25-2016 12:07 PM
417 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    CPSC made the recall official today Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note7 Smartphones Due to Serious Fire and Burn Hazards | CPSC.gov

It seems you can do the exchange/return through carrier also and bypass target. I called Samsung and they stated next week the new note 7S will be available for exchanges
    Anyone have confirmation on this?
    09-15-2016 04:38 PM
    Anyone have confirmation on this?
    I wouldn't necessarily give this much weight, but the Sprint online chat says we need to return to the point of sale (i.e. Target), and not a Sprint store.
    09-15-2016 05:46 PM
    I wouldn't necessarily give this much weight, but the Sprint online chat says we need to return to the point of sale (i.e. Target), and not a Sprint store.
    AT&T on chat just told me the same thing. Take it back to original point of sale. That would be Target for me.
    09-15-2016 06:06 PM
    AT&T on chat just told me the same thing. Take it back to original point of sale. That would be Target for me.
    I really think it depends on the store. I'm on att and this past weekend was in a att store. They were actually in the process of letting me return my target bought note 7 (get a loaner phone) to them. We started the process but the rep told me it was probably going to take at least an hour. It was Saturday afternoon and didn't feel like spending my afternoon there and I would just wait till they get the replacements in. Once they are in I'll go back to the same att store to swap it for a new one. My local target told me last week they were not going to be getting any of the new note 7. So I could only return to them but I couldn't swap it for a new one through them.
    scottishlassy likes this.
    09-15-2016 06:14 PM
    Called two Targets tonight to see if they had any idea when they would get new ones in. They have no clue what's going on and said they didn't expect any anytime soon. I have no faith that I will get an exchange from Target anytime soon. I wish I could just take it to Verizon to exchange. They also tried to tell me they only have a 14 day return policy lol
    09-16-2016 02:35 AM
    target's recall page
    Product Recall Article Page
    09-16-2016 11:28 AM
    target's recall page
    Don't really say much lol
    09-16-2016 11:30 AM
    target's recall page
    Not much information there is there?
    09-16-2016 11:31 AM
    nope, it looks like they only sold limited amount of note 7 according to that recall page.

i think they only sold silver note 7, i got one for verizon but i want a black one now
    09-16-2016 11:39 AM
    I got the black one at Target. For AT&T.
    09-16-2016 12:03 PM
    me too.
    09-16-2016 12:14 PM
    Anyone hear any news on when Target will get new ones in yet?
    09-18-2016 04:43 AM
    Anyone hear any news on when Target will get new ones in yet?
    According to Samsung, everyone is supposed to have then by 9/21.
    09-18-2016 10:57 AM
    According to Samsung, everyone is supposed to have then by 9/21.
    I know but Target is telling me they are not expecting getting any in.
    09-18-2016 11:08 AM
    I know but Target is telling me they are not expecting getting any in.
    My Target told me over a week ago that they will not be getting any of the new Note 7's. I could only return my 7 to them for a full refund, I could not do the exchange program.
    09-19-2016 08:21 AM
    My Target told me over a week ago that they will not be getting any of the new Note 7's. I could only return my 7 to them for a full refund, I could not do the exchange program.
    What about the giftcard? That's long gone
    09-19-2016 09:10 AM
    What about the giftcard? That's long gone
    He didn't ask for it and if he did I would have told him it was already spent. I didn't end up returning the phone. I went to a corp ATT store and they said they would let me exchange my Note 7 for a new one when they get in.
    09-19-2016 09:45 AM
    He didn't ask for it and if he did I would have told him it was already spent. I didn't end up returning the phone. I went to a corp ATT store and they said they would let me exchange my Note 7 for a new one when they get in.
    I don't think Verizon will do that
    09-19-2016 03:45 PM
    Come on Target, let's go! I'm starting to get impatient here. Feel like a kid on Christmas Eve! Feel like a carrot is being dangled in front of me.
    09-19-2016 04:59 PM
    all retailers will receive their replacement note 7s by wednesday
    09-19-2016 05:07 PM
    Imagine a two year old stomping their feet while I say this, "I don't want it by Wednesday, I wan't it now!" Sorry, have to let the 2 year old out once in a while.
    09-19-2016 05:10 PM
    I was just in Target, and two different Target mobile employees said they have the Note 7s in stock, they're just waiting on the OK to start selling them. But they also said the 21st is an estimate and it could be later. I was able to put my name on a list and they will call once available.
    ctychick likes this.
    09-19-2016 06:35 PM
    I was just in Target, and two different Target mobile employees said they have the Note 7s in stock, they're just waiting on the OK to start selling them. But they also said the 21st is an estimate and it could be later. I was able to put my name on a list and they will call once available.
    Why are these retailers waiting. This is ridiculous.
    09-19-2016 07:13 PM
    Verizon will exchange your Target bought Note 7. I have confirmed this through Samsung, and through Verizon.

Whether or not your individual Verizon store will be cooperative is another story, but no, none of you are screwed, you will be able to exchange your phone.

Target is being cagey because they do not know if they will sell the Note 7 anymore, so most reps do not expect to get them in to have one to exchange for your old phone. I have been told that even if they are not selling the Notes7s they should have Note 7's for exchange. We'll find out tomorrow.

But my advice is just to chill. None of you will be stuck with your old Note 7.
    09-20-2016 02:17 AM
    Verizon will exchange your Target bought Note 7. I have confirmed this through Samsung, and through Verizon.

Whether or not your individual Verizon store will be cooperative is another story, but no, none of you are screwed, you will be able to exchange your phone.

Target is being cagey because they do not know if they will sell the Note 7 anymore, so most reps do not expect to get them in to have one to exchange for your old phone. I have been told that even if they are not selling the Notes7s they should have Note 7's for exchange. We'll find out tomorrow.

But my advice is just to chill. None of you will be stuck with your old Note 7.
    That's a little confusing. You state "most reps do not expect to get them in to have one to exchange for your old phone." Then state "just chill, none of you will be stuck with your old Note 7."
    09-20-2016 10:39 AM
417 ... 89101112 ...