10-25-2016 12:07 PM
417 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Great, so both At&t and Sprint are taking care of target customers but not Verizon
    Have you tried talking to a manager or going to another store? Verizon that is.
    09-21-2016 05:07 PM
    what state are you in?
    NJ
    09-21-2016 05:09 PM
    Great, so both At&t and Sprint are taking care of target customers but not Verizon
    Depends on who you talk to, my local At&t wouldn't do squat
    09-21-2016 05:13 PM
    Have you tried talking to a manager or going to another store? Verizon that is.
    Yes, I also had about an hour chat with Verizon last night. The rep was very nice and even called my Target and the manager of their mobile division. In the end he wasn't able to get it done. He said he would have a resolution for me by tonight but of course I haven't heard anything yet. I don't even have record of my chat. For some reason I never got the email copy. I don't know where to go from here? I'm so sick of this whole thing and just want it done but there seems to be no end I sight
    09-21-2016 05:25 PM
    Target didn't have any in stock. So i went to a local sprint corporate store and talked with the manager about the exchange. Super simple. Only needed phone and box to scan barcode. Took 15 minutes with some paperwork and now setting up my new phone. He even offered a change in color. No extra charges or fees. Would have to talk to sprint customer support for the $25 credit.

Great experience 😃
    Did you go to a corporate store? I may try this, but I know the non-corp store here in my town didn't want anything to do with me when I told them I got the phone from Target. Thanks.
    09-21-2016 05:29 PM
    i contacted a verizon corporate store, whom received the new note 7

they escalated the situation to verizon, whom checked and stated they could not process the exchange, but did contact target to confirm they will receive replacements.

i also contacted samsung whom stated target will receive new note 7, that today was the first day of release and should be receiving the new shipment in the coming days.

hopefully this helps.

FYI - verizon did state i could return the device to target and purchase in store, but i am on unlimited data and dont want to chance anything
    Thehomez likes this.
    09-21-2016 05:36 PM
    i contacted a verizon corporate store, whom received the new note 7

they escalated the situation to verizon, whom checked and stated they could not process the exchange, but did contact target to confirm they will receive replacements.

i also contacted samsung whom stated target will receive new note 7, that today was the first day of release and should be receiving the new shipment in the coming days.

hopefully this helps.

FYI - verizon did state i could return the device to target and purchase in store, but i am on unlimited data and dont want to chance anything
    Well just chatted again online with Verizon to see if they found a resolution for me and she said she noted my account and I can go to my Verizon store and exchange my Target note 7. Going there in a bit. Hope it goes well. Now I have to decide if I want to keep silver or change to the blue. I can't decide
    scottishlassy likes this.
    09-21-2016 06:32 PM
    Did you go to a corporate store? I may try this, but I know the non-corp store here in my town didn't want anything to do with me when I told them I got the phone from Target. Thanks.
    Yea, I just walked into a corporate store said I bought from target asked if they would do the exchange. Though I did use sprint.com the night before to see if they have stock. Though this store didn't honor reservations, still got the phone anyways. When I was there they just received a huge shipment from ups, which I would guess to be more phones. Best to just call and check, all depends on the managers.

Also called sprint customer support to verify before going, they said stores should honor the exchange even if it was bought from target.
    jamesaru and scottishlassy like this.
    09-21-2016 06:35 PM
    Well just chatted again online with Verizon to see if they found a resolution for me and she said she noted my account and I can go to my Verizon store and exchange my Target note 7. Going there in a bit. Hope it goes well. Now I have to decide if I want to keep silver or change to the blue. I can't decide
    Message back and let us know what happens.
    09-21-2016 06:44 PM
    ATT Corp store refused my exchange as well.

I would return to Target and buy again at att store but I'm worried with the return rather than exchange I'd lose the BOGO deal they had going
    09-21-2016 09:13 PM
    Fingers crossed all goes well!
    09-21-2016 09:41 PM
    Message back and let us know what happens.
    Well I finally got mine replaced had no problem at all except I had to wait in a very long line. They didn't even need to see my receipt. Traded my silver one for blue. Hope I don't regret that. I only brought the phone too and they said they couldn't give me the new box but he gave me the charger and headphones, not the adapters though. I also didn't get a receipt now that I think about it. I hope that doesn't matter. So glad I don't have to deal with the morons at Target again.
    scottishlassy likes this.
    09-21-2016 09:46 PM
    Well I finally got mine replaced had no problem at all except I had to wait in a very long line. They didn't even need to see my receipt. Traded my silver one for blue. Hope I don't regret that. I only brought the phone too and they said they couldn't give me the new box but he gave me the charger and headphones, not the adapters though. I also didn't get a receipt now that I think about it. I hope that doesn't matter. So glad I don't have to deal with the morons at Target again.
    Glad you were able to get it all straightened out!
    09-22-2016 12:24 AM
    Congrats! Can you tell us how you did this? Did you call corporate, or chat on corporate website?
    09-22-2016 07:57 AM
    Congrats! Can you tell us how you did this? Did you call corporate, or chat on corporate website?
    Just did a normal chat on the verizon website. The rep I chatted with even called my Target and the area Target mobile manager. Once they were not able to get anywhere with them either they let me do it.
    09-22-2016 10:29 AM
    Just did a normal chat on the verizon website. The rep I chatted with even called my Target and the area Target mobile manager. Once they were not able to get anywhere with them either they let me do it.
    what did the area target manager say?
    09-22-2016 10:56 AM
    When I went in to AT&T the other day, they called the Target store as well. I suspect it was to verify that they didn't have replacements in Stock and that they didn't know when they would get them.
    09-22-2016 11:07 AM
    I posted in a different thread on a similar topic. I bought two phones from Costco and Verizon customer care told me to go to a Verizon corporate store to get them exchanged. Despite having the notes in my account indicating as such, the store flat out refused, even after talking to the customer care rep on the phone. I had to elevate to Verizon Executive support and finally got it worked out.

My question is, how did the Verizon store process the exchange? The store I went to said there was absolutely no way for them to do it. Which doesn't make any sense to me at all.
    09-22-2016 11:25 AM
    I tried two different reps on chat. Neither one was having it. They just kept telling me the inventories are different and there is nothing they can do, other than having me return the phone to target for a refund and then buying a new one outright from a verizon store. Bunch of BS...

KATRICE: Because that device was purchased at Target it is directly through them that you most go to return the equipment.
    KATRICE: If you would like. you can return it to them and then make the purchase through us to have the device. Its just that we do not have access to other retailers inventory and equipment to process exchanges or returns. this is why it requires you to go back through them. They do purchase their devices directly from manufactures
    You: That makes sense. But why on the online forms was one guy able to get verizon chat to set him up with an in store exchange. Also, sprint and at&t are exchanging note 7s at their corporate stores that were purchased at target with no hassle
    KATRICE: I wish I could speak on behalf of other carriers. Some companies work directly with other stores where they are considered corporate locations. With verizon our only corporate locations are our direct stores that we have. Bestbuy is one example that is corporate dealings with Samsung directly. I apologize for the misinformation that you were provided. All of our resources that we have been communication with our customers are to take the device back to the store locations purchase.
    You: I don't believe I was misinformed. But its frustrating to see that other carriers are doing a much better job at customer service. I also visited a verizon store and asked the employee if I could return the phone to target and then come back and purchase a new note 7 and he told me they were not selling them only doing exchanges.
    KATRICE: I also want to make sure that you understand the same would apply in the reverse situation. each retailer are given a certain amount of equipment. So if you purchased your Note 7 from bestbuy, you couldn't go into Target and return that device. the same with us, if you purchase that phone from Verizon you couldn't go into target or bestbuy to return that device
    You: yeah, that makes sense but this is a recall of a defective device, I'm not trying to return it for a refund, i'm trying to exchange it for one that wont catch on fire
    KATRICE: I agree. I would love to be able to exchange that device for you. Because the equipment was not purchased from Verizon I do not have access to inventory to process the return or exchange so that it may go back to Samsung. Target has purchased that device directly from Samsung and so it requires them to be held responsible for the exchange process on how they deal with Samsung. Samsung will be reimbursing them. We do have the Note 7 for order, so if you were to return it to them you could then order it from us directly .
    09-22-2016 11:34 AM
    what did the area target manager say?
    I don't know, probably not much just like with me
    09-22-2016 11:35 AM
    I posted in a different thread on a similar topic. I bought two phones from Costco and Verizon customer care told me to go to a Verizon corporate store to get them exchanged. Despite having the notes in my account indicating as such, the store flat out refused, even after talking to the customer care rep on the phone. I had to elevate to Verizon Executive support and finally got it worked out.

My question is, how did the Verizon store process the exchange? The store I went to said there was absolutely no way for them to do it. Which doesn't make any sense to me at all.
    He said they just did a return for $899 and a new buy for $899. He also said it wouldn't change my down payment or contract start date. He said it was easier this way and really only took a few minutes. I also got a call from someone at verizon today to tell me to go to the corporate store and exchange it if I haven't already.
    09-22-2016 11:38 AM
    anyone know how to contact verizon executive support?

this is ridiculous
    09-22-2016 12:20 PM
    anyone know how to contact verizon executive support?

this is ridiculous
    You can email any Verizon executive and it will go to the executive support team (just do an internet search for one). However, the executive rep I spoke with confirmed that everyone should go through their original place of purchase. I believe the only reason the rep resolved my issue was because customer care told me to go to a corp store and the ensuing experience at said store was less than desirable. Just my thought though.
    09-22-2016 01:02 PM
    i chatted with samsung rep online and they stated they would submit a ticket with verizon/target for me

their chat is on the bottom of this page (Official Samsung Support)
    09-22-2016 01:26 PM
    Well, I just went to my local target to try to exchange the phone. The mobile rep said I would have to return the phone and the gift card I got for purchasing it. I told her I don't want to return it, I just want to exchange it, but she insisted I would have to return the gift card and I would not get another one.

I finally went to customer service to find out that she was saying that because they don't have any Note 7s to exchange it for. She was trying to process it as a return! Ugh. That's the last time I use Target mobile for anything. I can only hope they get some replacement phones in my area soon.
    09-22-2016 02:28 PM
417 ... 1112131415 ...