Target Note 7 Recall Thread

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
What about the giftcard? That's long gone

He didn't ask for it and if he did I would have told him it was already spent. I didn't end up returning the phone. I went to a corp ATT store and they said they would let me exchange my Note 7 for a new one when they get in.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Come on Target, let's go! I'm starting to get impatient here. Feel like a kid on Christmas Eve! Feel like a carrot is being dangled in front of me.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Imagine a two year old stomping their feet while I say this, "I don't want it by Wednesday, I wan't it now!" Sorry, have to let the 2 year old out once in a while. :D

phlip00ws6

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I was just in Target, and two different Target mobile employees said they have the Note 7s in stock, they're just waiting on the OK to start selling them. But they also said the 21st is an estimate and it could be later. I was able to put my name on a list and they will call once available.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was just in Target, and two different Target mobile employees said they have the Note 7s in stock, they're just waiting on the OK to start selling them. But they also said the 21st is an estimate and it could be later. I was able to put my name on a list and they will call once available.

Why are these retailers waiting. This is ridiculous.

arianamorris

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Verizon will exchange your Target bought Note 7. I have confirmed this through Samsung, and through Verizon.

Whether or not your individual Verizon store will be cooperative is another story, but no, none of you are screwed, you will be able to exchange your phone.

Target is being cagey because they do not know if they will sell the Note 7 anymore, so most reps do not expect to get them in to have one to exchange for your old phone. I have been told that even if they are not selling the Notes7s they should have Note 7's for exchange. We'll find out tomorrow.

But my advice is just to chill. None of you will be stuck with your old Note 7.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Verizon will exchange your Target bought Note 7. I have confirmed this through Samsung, and through Verizon.

Whether or not your individual Verizon store will be cooperative is another story, but no, none of you are screwed, you will be able to exchange your phone.

Target is being cagey because they do not know if they will sell the Note 7 anymore, so most reps do not expect to get them in to have one to exchange for your old phone. I have been told that even if they are not selling the Notes7s they should have Note 7's for exchange. We'll find out tomorrow.

That's a little confusing. You state "most reps do not expect to get them in to have one to exchange for your old phone." Then state "just chill, none of you will be stuck with your old Note 7."

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I haven't seen a single person say they've been able to trade a target bought phone in at Verizon.

Jaxensmommy

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm the manager of receiving in a Target store and none have come in from any carriee yet. The target mobile reps keep pressuring me to return it but i can't be without a phone. I just wish they made this easier for the consumer. It's not our fault. We're not dissatisfied. They should make this easier for us.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I just confirmed through Verizon that this is not the case. I'm stuck dealing with Target. They say maybe in the next 2-3 months they will have replacements available. Way to go Target!

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I just left my Target. Told me they don't know when they are getting replacements in. I left and came to the AT&T store. They are going to do the exchange for me here.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
So today I went to a Corp ATT store and told them that Target doesn't know if they will be getting the new Notes and that I called Samsung and they told me to deal with ATT. The rep told me that I should return the note to Target and they (Target) will reverse my upgrade and then I could come back and get one of the 18 Notes they had just gotten in today. I asked them to check my account and for some reason my line now shows that I am eligible for an upgrade (when it shouldn't since I still have the Note from Target). So they upgraded my line (again) and gave me one of the new Notes. Now I have to just return the old note to Target for a full refund.

So I guess my suggestion would be to find a ATT store that has the new Notes in stock. Have them hold one for you and then go back to Target, return the bad Note and have them reverse your upgrade. Once you have your upgrade back go to the ATT and get the new Note.

Lcarey123

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
I just left my Target. Told me they don't know when they are getting replacements in. I left and came to the AT&T store. They are going to do the exchange for me here.

Sat in an at&t Corp store for 90 mins and they said they won't take the phone back. They didn't care that Target hasnt been helpful and that we have all been told to deal with our carriers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2