10-25-2016 12:07 PM
417 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    I walked into an ATT corporate store on Monday and they took my phone back without any questions (I got mine at target as well). The manager at the store was able to do upgrade reversal and give me the new Note 7. They also refunded me the taxes that i paid to target
    09-22-2016 02:28 PM
    Just to clarify, I have Verizon. I tried a corporate store, but their manager said they couldn't help me.
    09-22-2016 03:06 PM
    i chatted with samsung rep online and they stated they would submit a ticket with verizon/target for me

their chat is on the bottom of this page (Official Samsung Support)
    I tried this. Sounds like empty promises and stalling. We shall see.

Vijaya P: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?
    You: Hello, I have a note 7 that I purchased at target. I need to get a replacement / exchange due to the recall, however the target that I purchased from doesn't know when they are getting the replacements in. Is there any way I can exchange my phone through samsung directly or my carrier verizon?
    Vijaya P: May I know the place of purchase of the device?
    You: Target
    Vijaya P: Have you contacted place of purchase in order to replace the device.
    You: Yes, they told me they do not have it in stock to replace mine
    Vijaya P: I will forward this concern to my higher officials and regarding this. Please let me capture some details regarding your contact information & device.
    Vijaya P: I am very sorry for the inconvenience. All Carriers/Retailers will be able to take care of your exchange regardless of the condition of your S7Note device.
    Vijaya P: Thank you for the details.
    Vijaya P: Due to the long wait time, I am going to take the information you have provided and we will send this to your Carrier/Retailer on your behalf
    Vijaya P: Please allow 24hrs and then you can reach out to your Carrier/Retailer for confirmation.
    Vijaya P: They will help you for sure in replacing the device.
    You: How will they help me if they do not have any in stock?
    Vijaya P: \As I am escalating the issue.
    Vijaya P: Samsung will contact the store with your details.
    Vijaya P: So the store will replace your device for surely.
    You: How will they replace it when they do not have any to replace it with
    Vijaya P: Samsung will help the store with the stock.
    You: So samsung will get that store to have stock within 24 hours?
    Vijaya P: Yes
    You: Is that a guarantee ?
    Vijaya P: Please contact the store after 24 hours they will help you for sure.
    You: so that's not a guarantee that I will get my phone replaced after 24 hours? Which will be 2 days after Samsung said all retailers will have replacements no later than Sept. 21.
    Vijaya P: As samsung is contacting the store on behalf of you, Samsung will surely help you in replacing the device.
    You: So Samsung will make sure that Target has my replacement phone tomorrow?
    Vijaya P: If you experience any issue in replacing the phone after 24 hours please get back to us.
    09-22-2016 03:12 PM
    Sounds like the run around to me. Hope you get your replacement soon!
    09-22-2016 03:40 PM

Vijaya P: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?
    You: Hello, I have a note 7 that I purchased at target. I need to get a replacement / exchange due to the recall, however the target that I purchased from doesn't know when they are getting the replacements in. Is there any way I can exchange my phone through samsung directly or my carrier verizon?
    Vijaya P: I will forward this concern to my higher officials and regarding this. Please let me capture some details regarding your contact information & device.
    Vijaya P: I am very sorry for the inconvenience. All Carriers/Retailers will be able to take care of your exchange regardless of the condition of your S7Note device.
    Vijaya P: Due to the long wait time, I am going to take the information you have provided and we will send this to your Carrier/Retailer on your behalf
    Vijaya P: Please allow 24hrs and then you can reach out to your Carrier/Retailer for confirmation.
    You: so that's not a guarantee that I will get my phone replaced after 24 hours? Which will be 2 days after Samsung said all retailers will have replacements no later than Sept. 21.
    Vijaya P: As samsung is contacting the store on behalf of you, Samsung will surely help you in replacing the device.
    Vijaya P: If you experience any issue in replacing the phone after 24 hours please get back to us.
    i got them to give me the ticket number and stated i could contact verizon tomorrow
    09-22-2016 03:47 PM
    Just now starting this process. Target said that they don't have the new n7s and don't know if or when they'll get them. They referred me to Samsung for the exchange. Just finished a chat with Samsung. I now have a ticket and Samsung is sending my Target a phone for me. I should contact Target in 24 hrs to make sure they have the phone before I go in. I'll give them through Monday, at which time if Target doesn't have the phone, I'll go into my Verizon Corp store with my chat record and do everything I can to walk out with the exchange. Wish me luck.
    09-23-2016 07:06 AM
    Just now starting this process. Target said that they don't have the new n7s and don't know if or when they'll get them. They referred me to Samsung for the exchange. Just finished a chat with Samsung. I now have a ticket and Samsung is sending my Target a phone for me. I should contact Target in 24 hrs to make sure they have the phone before I go in. I'll give them through Monday, at which time if Target doesn't have the phone, I'll go into my Verizon Corp store with my chat record and do everything I can to walk out with the exchange. Wish me luck.
    I would just return it for a full refund, go to Verizon and buy it, then submit your receipt to Samsung for another a VR headset or SD card. That's what I did plus the pricing for a new 2yr contract is $299 vs $399 at Target.
    09-23-2016 09:07 AM
    Yesterday.
    Finally got my replacement, purchased at Target originally, went down to At&t Store, they called up Target saw they had none in stock, walked out less than 30 with new phone. Also got to keep accessories.
    scottishlassy likes this.
    09-23-2016 09:38 AM
    One of the Targets near us said they're supposed to get them by some time Monday. I may also try to go the Samsung chat route since I'm not confident in Target.
    09-23-2016 10:44 AM
    Verizon and samsung told me today that they are sending them to target today. By next week they should have stock

verizon also offered me to purchase the phone in a store after i did a full refund at target (i am assuming the refund would be a gift card since i did the trade in deal)
    09-23-2016 11:32 AM

Update: Contacted my Target 24 hours later. They have no Note replacements still, and no special overnighted one for me.
    09-23-2016 02:18 PM
    Yesterday.
    Finally got my replacement, purchased at Target originally, went down to At&t Store, they called up Target saw they had none in stock, walked out less than 30 with new phone. Also got to keep accessories.
    Do you know how they processed your return? My att store could not find my phones in their system to process the exchange since it was originally purchased at Target
    09-23-2016 03:04 PM
    Joined to commiserate with you all. I also bought my Note 7 from Target and have heard nothing. They weren't cooperative about a temp phone before the replacements and now they've had no replacements come in all week, let alone by the 21st when they were supposed to have them. They have no idea when they're supposed to be getting them. Verizon has been equally unhelpful. The main customer service number said to exchange it at a local store, then the local store said they can't take in someone else's inventory. So now I'm stuck and waiting on something to give.
    09-23-2016 04:50 PM
    Update: Contacted my Target 24 hours later. They have no Note replacements still, and no special overnighted one for me.
    Darn that's a bummer. Did you contact Samsung again?
    09-23-2016 05:32 PM
    After no info about a replacement at Target I went to my local Verizon store expecting nothing to happen, they said they have had so many exchanges they have to set up appointments for the return process. Started telling the guy "I know I have to return it to Target but they don't have any replacements..." and he cut me off with "But it's still Verizon, right? Then you're fine". And he scheduled me an appointment to do a replacement there tomorrow.

I'm expecting to still be turned away but hey, ill give it a shot tomorrow and report back.
    09-23-2016 09:42 PM
    Not sure if this helps or not but I just had a rather promising chat with a Verizon rep online. I've attached the chat log below. It sounds too easy to be true but at least I can take a copy of the chat into the Verizon store tomorrow. I tried to keep it short and to the point, while getting in a dig at Apple of course! I'll keep everyone posted after tomorrow.

Chat Transcript
    PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE - All replies are automatically deleted.
    You : I have one of the recalled note 7s and want to know how to exchange it for one of the new ones now that they are out.
    ESTHER : Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless Chat Team regarding your account. How can we help you today?
    ESTHER : I see the need to exchange out your Galaxy 7 Note -- You need to take it to the Verizon Store so that they can process the recall for you.
    You : Does it matter that I bought it at Target? Can I still return
    You : It to a Verizon Corporate store to exchange it
    You : The Target I bought it from claims they have none in and won't be getting them in for a while, if ever.
    You : And it is an obvious safety concern.
    ESTHER : It is only the Verizon Stores authorized to process the recalls
    ESTHER : Samsung is sending the new ones to Verizon Store
    You : So if I go to my local Verizon Corporate store with my Note 7 I purchased at Target, I will be able to exchange it for a new one?
    You : Is that accurate?
    ESTHER : Yes that is correct
    ESTHER : We want you to do that as soon as possible because it is a safety issue
    You : What do I need to take in there? What if I don't have the original packaging or accessories?
    ESTHER : You don't need all that -- All you need is the device and your phone number - they will look up everything they need
    ESTHER : They don't need the packaging since the phones are not usable
    You : That sounds like a fairly easy process. Will I be able to exchange it for a different color?
    ESTHER : Yes you can select another color -- as long as it is a galaxy Note 7
    ESTHER : It can't be an Iphone 7 lol
    You : Awesome thank you so much. Do I need to make an appointment for that?
    ESTHER : Just walk in -- very simple
    You : Definitely don't want an iPhone. Nothing to worry about there.
    ESTHER : LOL . okay. Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Is there anything else I can resolve for you today?
    You : No I think you answered all my questions. I will head over there as soon as I can. Thank you!
    ESTHER : Thank you for being such a valued member of the Verizon family. We appreciate your business.Again my name is Esther and please enjoy the rest of your day. I am glad I
    was able to resolve your issue. You can find answers to additional questions at vzw.com/support. Please click on the “X” button to end this chat.
    09-23-2016 10:22 PM
    Went into Verizon corporate with a copy of my chat in my back pocket ready to argue my way into a new note 7 and the result was unexpected to say the least. I went in and told them I needed to exchange my note 7 for a new one and they asked me for my phone number and ID. They looked up my info and asked me what color I wanted and brought the phone out and set it up. Never even asked where I bought it or for a receipt. All i walked in with was a phone. No box, receipt, or accessories. It was smooth and quick. No complaints here! Except now I have an ugly green battery icon!
    09-24-2016 04:14 PM
    Went into Verizon corporate with a copy of my chat in my back pocket ready to argue my way into a new note 7 and the result was unexpected to say the least. I went in and told them I needed to exchange my note 7 for a new one and they asked me for my phone number and ID. They looked up my info and asked me what color I wanted and brought the phone out and set it up. Never even asked where I bought it or for a receipt. All i walked in with was a phone. No box, receipt, or accessories. It was smooth and quick. No complaints here! Except now I have an ugly green battery icon!
    Congratulations!
    09-24-2016 04:38 PM
    Congrats! It's nice to hear Verizon is taking care of everyone. I wish AT&T could do the same and exchange my Target bought phone
    09-24-2016 10:23 PM
    After no info about a replacement at Target I went to my local Verizon store expecting nothing to happen, they said they have had so many exchanges they have to set up appointments for the return process. Started telling the guy "I know I have to return it to Target but they don't have any replacements..." and he cut me off with "But it's still Verizon, right? Then you're fine". And he scheduled me an appointment to do a replacement there tomorrow.

I'm expecting to still be turned away but hey, ill give it a shot tomorrow and report back.
    Results: Original plan didn't work, but everything went better than expected.

Guy at Verizon corporate tried to process the return, but couldn't get it to accept the SKU in the system. Since they had them readily available in stock, I went for Plan B (which honestly I should have done to begin with): wen't back to Target and just asked them to do a straight refund. The guy had to call his lead and then some Target mobile hotline, but he was helpful and got it done. They didn't ask about the $100 GC and took the phone as is (didn't need to return with box or anything). Then I just went back to Verizon and bought a new Note 7.

Now here's where it's interesting: 2-yr contract price at Verizon was actually $100 cheaper that Target anyway. So I missed out on the $25 Samsung credit, but I ended up with
    • New Note 7 from Verizon for $100 cheaper ($299 vs $399).
    • Kept my accessories
    • $300 in Target gift cards ($100 preorder bonus + $200 trade in bonus)

Pro-Tip: If you keep your second s-pen, don't stick it in your back pocket and then snap it in half when you sit down.
    09-25-2016 02:54 AM
    Results: Original plan didn't work, but everything went better than expected.

Guy at Verizon corporate tried to process the return, but couldn't get it to accept the SKU in the system. Since they had them readily available in stock, I went for Plan B (which honestly I should have done to begin with): wen't back to Target and just asked them to do a straight refund. The guy had to call his lead and then some Target mobile hotline, but he was helpful and got it done. They didn't ask about the $100 GC and took the phone as is (didn't need to return with box or anything). Then I just went back to Verizon and bought a new Note 7.

Now here's where it's interesting: 2-yr contract price at Verizon was actually $100 cheaper that Target anyway. So I missed out on the $25 Samsung credit, but I ended up with
    • New Note 7 from Verizon for $100 cheaper ($299 vs $399).
    • Kept my accessories
    • $300 in Target gift cards ($100 preorder bonus + $200 trade in bonus)

Pro-Tip: If you keep your second s-pen, don't stick it in your back pocket and then snap it in half when you sit down.
    Congratulations! Sorry about the pen! AT&T wouldn't let me keep the pen from the bad Note 7.
    09-25-2016 02:15 PM
    Another replacement-free day. Went to Verizon to try and exchange the phone, they had just sold the last silver one and and only had blue. They looked up the closest store that had silver ones, which was about 30-40 minutes away but he said they had a bunch so great. I had nothing else to do so might as well go. I called the customer service line before going to ask about having bought it from Target and the representative said they can definitely exchange it and that all I needed to bring was the phone. Awesome!

Get to the store, and the first thing the guy asks after I tell him I want to exchange my phone is if I brought the charger and I said no. He said he couldn't exchange it without the charger. I asked if I could just leave the charger from the new phone. He said no, that they said there might be a problem with the charger too so they want the chargers turned in with the phones. I told him the representative I spoke to from the call center said I didn't need any of the accessories but he had his salesman attitude going on like I had been misinformed. He ended up checking to see if they even had any silver ones and they didn't (so he said) so it was a complete waste a trip anyway, but seriously? I know some places just keep the accessories from the new phones if you don't turn in the old ones but telling me I couldn't exchange a mandatory-recalled phone because of a charger no one else said I needed to turn in, including Samsung, the Verizon store I visited earlier, AND the call center rep was crap.
    09-25-2016 07:43 PM
    Verizon customers should call 800-922-0204. They should offer you a replacement shipment.
    09-26-2016 11:39 AM
    Verizon just hates me.

Verizon: Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless Chat Team regarding your device. How can we help you today?
    You: I have one of the recalled note 7s and want to know how to exchange it for one of the new ones now that they are out.
    EILEEN: Hey there, great question, happy to help, you can either go to a store to get the replacement or you can have customer service order the replacement for you whatever is more convenient for you.
    You: I would like to exchange it in store. I purchased the phone at a Target store, does that matter?
    EILEEN: yes it would have to go back to Target of the exchange, they are aware how to process all the exchanges and returns, you will have no trouble.
    You: The Target I bought it from claims they have none in and won't be getting them in for a while, if ever
    EILEEN: one moment please.
    EILEEN: so here is what you will need to do, return it too Target for a full refund and then you can go and purchase it a Verizon store or we can order one for you.
    EILEEN: it has to be returned to where it was purchased from .
    You: Then how have other people online reported being able to do an exchange at a Verizon store for their note 7s purchased at Target
    EILEEN: they were incorrect and I do apologize the refund has to come from where it was purchased from and then you can go to a Verizon store and get a new note 7.
    EILEEN: the inventory's for each store have to match up, so the return has to be done at Target , if they do not have any in stock any verizon store will be happy to get you into a note 7.
    You: why did verizon chat say this to another person:
    You: You : So if I go to my local Verizon Corporate store with my Note 7 I purchased at Target, I will be able to exchange it for a new one?
    You : Is that accurate?
    ESTHER : Yes that is correct
    ESTHER : We want you to do that as soon as possible because it is a safety issue
    EILEEN: They were incorrect, and I just reverified that with a member of leadership. I has to be returned to Target.
    EILEEN: Target needs to get credit back for the phone from Samsung, it is return to Verizon then Target loses out with the return and refund
    EILEEN: I can certainly lift up feedback on that person so that they are not providing misinformation to other customers.
    EILEEN: do you know the phone number associated with the remark that Esther made ?
    You: no i do not. But that person then stated they were able to exchange in a verizon store with no issue
    EILEEN: I can not tell a Verizon store to accept your return, we are not supposed too as this is not our phone and it was not purchased through verizon
    You: why does it matter? Target made a sale. You would only need the credit from samsung if you made an exchange, so why can verizon not do the exchange and get the credit for doing so
    EILEEN: exactly , because that product was purchased through Target and now Target has to be their money back for the phone, it is not ours to be refunded or returned.
    EILEEN: It wuld be like you buying a samsung tv at Target and returning it too best buy, just because they sell them doesnt mean you can return it there, it has to go back to point of sale.
    You: thats not the same, TV's dont have a mobile carrier.
    EILEEN: we can place a new order for you for a new note 7 once that phone is turned to target.
    You: I understand the fact that it would need to be RETURNED to target, but an EXCHANGE should be able to be handled by the carrier
    EILEEN: Since the phone was not purchased a Verizon store, it is not able to be returned to a Verizon store. That being said , if you wish to try that it is up to you I can not guarantee that the Verizon store will take this back.
    09-26-2016 12:27 PM
    I don't understand how even the reps are giving out different information. I've talked to two different Verizon reps through the call center who said that it being purchased at Target doesn't matter.

Also her reasoning about the exchange makes no sense to me. Whoever gives you the safe phone is the only person who needs to be credited by Samsung, because they're the one losing out selling that new phone. Target was already paid, no?
    09-26-2016 01:01 PM
417 ... 1213141516 ...