10-25-2016 12:07 PM
417 ... 1314151617
tools
    Our Target finally received a shipment of Note 7s... except none for Verizon.
    09-26-2016 01:31 PM
    I don't understand how even the reps are giving out different information. I've talked to two different Verizon reps through the call center who said that it being purchased at Target doesn't matter.

Also her reasoning about the exchange makes no sense to me. Whoever gives you the safe phone is the only person who needs to be credited by Samsung, because they're the one losing out selling that new phone. Target was already paid, no?
    Yeah thats what I thought too. You would only need credit from samsung if you are processing an exchange. Target already made a sale, doesn't matter to them
    09-26-2016 01:41 PM
    Our Target finally received a shipment of Note 7s... except none for Verizon.
    which target location?
    09-26-2016 04:04 PM
    Ok, Here is my story: Thankfully, it has a happy ending. I just got my replacement Note 7 this afternoon. It’s black. Not the platinum that I first bought. But I had originally wanted black anyway. I think it’s the best looking of the various colors, in terms of overall design, how the edges, top and bottom all blend together. It looks so awesome!

[ Warning - My Post Is VERY LONG! Written hastily - hope it helps ]

I don’t usually post anything to forums, but looking for some online info for Note 7’s purchased at Target was tough, until I found this board. A few of your stories gave me some hope. So I thought I would post my experience with the recall. Although, my story turned out great. I think it was by sheer luck. I shudder to think what I would have done if I weren’t so lucky today. Read thru and you’ll see why. I know this is a LONG post. But it’s the kind of story you just can’t shorten, because of all the back and forth and frustration.

I really feel for all the people who bought the Note 7 at Target Mobile. I’m not sure how you guys are gonna get your situations resolved. Especially if they gave you some type of promotional gift card. This gift card issue, could have screwed me up. They were running a promotion and issued a $200 gift card at the time of my purchase. Of course, I didn’t know that a week or so later that gift card would be used as one more reason for Target Mobile to try and not let me get a refund or Exchange of my Note 7!

I bought my Samsung Note 7 at a Target retail store, in Brooklyn, New York. Unfortunately, I bought it 2 days before they did the recall. I wasn’t worried. After all, Target is a huge chain store and wouldn’t have any issues like the smaller stores or mom and pop operations. Or so I thought!

Basically, just like everybody else on this board, they also gave me the runaround. What happened is that I waited until the official day that Samsung said that the replacement Note 7’s would be in stores. It was a Wednesday.

On that day I went out to the Target where I bought the phone and the rep told me that he wasn’t sure what I was talking about, and that I should come back in a couple days.

To make a long story short, I went back several times and called the 2 or 3 Target stores in my area, New York City. Basically, the Target reps either said they knew nothing about the recall, or if they did, they would always tell me to come back or wait until the following Monday. Which would be September 26, 2016.

Throughout all of this back and forth, going to Target several times and calling that store, as well as the other ones in my area, I started to realize that something was very wrong with the mobile division at Target. At this point I was still pretty confident that Target,a huge chain store would fix , my recall issue. So Sunday, Sept. 25, I went back to the store.

I went back to the Target around 6pm. This would probably have been my 4th or 5th trip. I asked the mobile rep there if the replacement Note 7’s came in and He said “Yes”. I let out a sigh of relief. I then asked him “are you sure they came in?”, and he said, “Yeah, we got a big shipment in, but I need you to come back later, in about 1 or 2 hours, because I don’t know how to do the recall”.

At this point I was just happy that the replacement Note 7’s came in. So I went back home, then returned around 8pm that same night.

The rep there was now a girl who told me she didn’t know about any recall and why hadn’t I left my name with the previous rep, so that she could have known I was coming.

I told her that this is a huge recall and that if she doesn’t know about it by now , that there’s a big problem.

So we argued back and forth for a few minutes. Another rep came over and suggested that we go down to customer service. When we went down to customer service, they told us they didn’t know anything about the recall. So I decided to remain calm. I thanked the current mobile rep for her help, even though she was rude to me. I asked the rep what time I should come back in the morning. She told me that the mobile section opens at 8am. Then I went home and formulated a plan for the next morning, Monday, sept.26th.

I wasn’t stupid enough to return at 8am on Monday morning. I just felt that there wouldn’t be anybody at the Target Mobile section. I was right. I got there at 10:30am and there was nobody there. I had to get help from one of the other workers, who told me that the guy should have been there at 8am, but never showed up!

Long story short again - I decided to go to a Verizon factory store and get my replacement phone, downstairs, in the same mall. They tried a few minutes and suggested that I go back to Target and get a refund. They said it would be easier that way.

So all I had to do was go upstairs back to Target, to try and get a refund, so I could go back downstairs to this Verizon corporate store and buy one of the new Note 7’s.

Of course another roadblock! The cashier at Target told me that there’s a block on Note 7 refunds and that I would have to go to the mobile section or return it to another Target store in the area. I had them call the other area Target store to see if I could go there and return the phone. After about 45 minutes on the phone, the other Target location told us that they couldn’t contact anyone in their mobile section.

So the cashier (in the returns area) told me why don’t I go to the mobile section and get the refund. I told them that the other workers said the mobile store reps abandoned the mobile section and never showed up. She and I then went to the mobile area to verify.

Sure enough, no one was in the mobile section. We then found out thru several workers that the Target Mobile section was not actually run and operated by Target, but by some other company.

So I asked them for a contact number for this company that runs their mobile section. I kid you not, no one had a clue what the number was or who to call. After about 30 minutes of waiting for them to find a number, they finally found somebody’s name and cell. But by then it was too late.

This young guy came running into the mobile section, looking all disheveled and said, “sorry everybody, anybody needs help?”. It must have been around 1pm by now. Remember this guy was supposed to be in the Mobile section at 8am!

I decided to try one last time - I told him that I wanted a refund if they didn’t have the replacement Note 7’s. He told me that they didn’t. He also said that there was no problem, he could give me a refund.

All I needed was ALL the paperwork printouts, my receipt and the $200 gift card promotion they gave me about 5 or 6 days ago when I had bought my phone!!!!!

I told him that it was impossible, because I had already purchased something at that same Target with the gift card days ago! And that all the printouts that they gave me when I bought the phone should be in their database or something. Why can’t he just print them out. I told him I had my receipt but that it was totally crazy for him to expect me to have those printouts and a gift card that was issued to me days before. How would I know that I would need to do a transaction where I would have needed to return a gift card?

I never would have guessed that there would be so much trouble, where I would not be able to get a replacement phone , where my only recourse would have been to refund!

So we argued back and forth. I told him that this recall supersedes everything and that him trying to block me from my only option which was a refund by requiring all these absurd things like cell phone plan printouts (that he should have been able to print out again from his computer), the original gift card and my receipt was ridiculous, except for my receipt.

So basically, to bring my nightmare to an end, the guy I spoke to at the Verizon store downstairs came to Target looking for me!

He called me and said, “Hey, I was looking for you. I was wondering what was taking you so long. Come on down to the Verizon store and I’ll take care of you. I figured out a way to do it.”

At that moment my eyes lit up and I just bolted out of Target with him and went downstairs to the Verizon store.

Basically, they first took my bad Note 7, issued me a Verizon store card refund. Then they had me purchase a new, good, Note 7 (which I only had to pay a difference of $7). So that’s how my Note 7 recall nightmare came to an end.

I have no clue what I would have done if that Verizon store guy hadn’t come all the way inside Target looking for me. Later on, he told me that the Note 7 he had for me was the last one. That’s why he came looking for me!

If that didn’t happen, I have no clue what would have happened at Target. I’m pretty sure that the printouts the Target rep demanded could have been printed out again. But what would have happened about him demanding a gift card, that he knew was probably already used days before?

I have a feeling that whichever company owns and operates that Target Mobile will be using any tactic to block people from refunding phones. But what excuse would they use about not having new shipments of Note 7’s?

Anyway, I’m just glad I got lucky today. I hope you guys get lucky too.

(I read a few stories about AT&T accepting phones from Target customers. But one guy I met at Target who bought a Note 7 with AT&T said he tried returning his phone at 2 different AT&T stores and they would not do it for him. So I really think this situation is hit or miss. Or maybe a few of these stories are being planted by rival companies. Maybe this Target nonsense is something that may take some type of legal intervention. Especially if they don’t get new Note 7’s for a while, or don’t allow refunds for whatever crazy reasons. )
    09-26-2016 06:03 PM
    Ok, Here is my story: Thankfully, it has a happy ending. I just got my replacement Note 7 this afternoon. It’s black. Not the platinum that I first bought. But I had originally wanted black anyway. I think it’s the best looking of the various colors, in terms of overall design, how the edges, top and bottom all blend together. It looks so awesome!

[ Warning - My Post Is VERY LONG! Written hastily - hope it helps ]

I don’t usually post anything to forums, but looking for some online info for Note 7’s purchased at Target was tough, until I found this board. A few of your stories gave me some hope. So I thought I would post my experience with the recall. Although, my story turned out great. I think it was by sheer luck. I shudder to think what I would have done if I weren’t so lucky today. Read thru and you’ll see why. I know this is a LONG post. But it’s the kind of story you just can’t shorten, because of all the back and forth and frustration.

I really feel for all the people who bought the Note 7 at Target Mobile. I’m not sure how you guys are gonna get your situations resolved. Especially if they gave you some type of promotional gift card. This gift card issue, could have screwed me up. They were running a promotion and issued a $200 gift card at the time of my purchase. Of course, I didn’t know that a week or so later that gift card would be used as one more reason for Target Mobile to try and not let me get a refund or Exchange of my Note 7!

I bought my Samsung Note 7 at a Target retail store, in Brooklyn, New York. Unfortunately, I bought it 2 days before they did the recall. I wasn’t worried. After all, Target is a huge chain store and wouldn’t have any issues like the smaller stores or mom and pop operations. Or so I thought!

Basically, just like everybody else on this board, they also gave me the runaround. What happened is that I waited until the official day that Samsung said that the replacement Note 7’s would be in stores. It was a Wednesday.

On that day I went out to the Target where I bought the phone and the rep told me that he wasn’t sure what I was talking about, and that I should come back in a couple days.

To make a long story short, I went back several times and called the 2 or 3 Target stores in my area, New York City. Basically, the Target reps either said they knew nothing about the recall, or if they did, they would always tell me to come back or wait until the following Monday. Which would be September 26, 2016.

Throughout all of this back and forth, going to Target several times and calling that store, as well as the other ones in my area, I started to realize that something was very wrong with the mobile division at Target. At this point I was still pretty confident that Target,a huge chain store would fix , my recall issue. So Sunday, Sept. 25, I went back to the store.

I went back to the Target around 6pm. This would probably have been my 4th or 5th trip. I asked the mobile rep there if the replacement Note 7’s came in and He said “Yes”. I let out a sigh of relief. I then asked him “are you sure they came in?”, and he said, “Yeah, we got a big shipment in, but I need you to come back later, in about 1 or 2 hours, because I don’t know how to do the recall”.

At this point I was just happy that the replacement Note 7’s came in. So I went back home, then returned around 8pm that same night.

The rep there was now a girl who told me she didn’t know about any recall and why hadn’t I left my name with the previous rep, so that she could have known I was coming.

I told her that this is a huge recall and that if she doesn’t know about it by now , that there’s a big problem.

So we argued back and forth for a few minutes. Another rep came over and suggested that we go down to customer service. When we went down to customer service, they told us they didn’t know anything about the recall. So I decided to remain calm. I thanked the current mobile rep for her help, even though she was rude to me. I asked the rep what time I should come back in the morning. She told me that the mobile section opens at 8am. Then I went home and formulated a plan for the next morning, Monday, sept.26th.

I wasn’t stupid enough to return at 8am on Monday morning. I just felt that there wouldn’t be anybody at the Target Mobile section. I was right. I got there at 10:30am and there was nobody there. I had to get help from one of the other workers, who told me that the guy should have been there at 8am, but never showed up!

Long story short again - I decided to go to a Verizon factory store and get my replacement phone, downstairs, in the same mall. They tried a few minutes and suggested that I go back to Target and get a refund. They said it would be easier that way.

So all I had to do was go upstairs back to Target, to try and get a refund, so I could go back downstairs to this Verizon corporate store and buy one of the new Note 7’s.

Of course another roadblock! The cashier at Target told me that there’s a block on Note 7 refunds and that I would have to go to the mobile section or return it to another Target store in the area. I had them call the other area Target store to see if I could go there and return the phone. After about 45 minutes on the phone, the other Target location told us that they couldn’t contact anyone in their mobile section.

So the cashier (in the returns area) told me why don’t I go to the mobile section and get the refund. I told them that the other workers said the mobile store reps abandoned the mobile section and never showed up. She and I then went to the mobile area to verify.

Sure enough, no one was in the mobile section. We then found out thru several workers that the Target Mobile section was not actually run and operated by Target, but by some other company.

So I asked them for a contact number for this company that runs their mobile section. I kid you not, no one had a clue what the number was or who to call. After about 30 minutes of waiting for them to find a number, they finally found somebody’s name and cell. But by then it was too late.

This young guy came running into the mobile section, looking all disheveled and said, “sorry everybody, anybody needs help?”. It must have been around 1pm by now. Remember this guy was supposed to be in the Mobile section at 8am!

I decided to try one last time - I told him that I wanted a refund if they didn’t have the replacement Note 7’s. He told me that they didn’t. He also said that there was no problem, he could give me a refund.

All I needed was ALL the paperwork printouts, my receipt and the $200 gift card promotion they gave me about 5 or 6 days ago when I had bought my phone!!!!!

I told him that it was impossible, because I had already purchased something at that same Target with the gift card days ago! And that all the printouts that they gave me when I bought the phone should be in their database or something. Why can’t he just print them out. I told him I had my receipt but that it was totally crazy for him to expect me to have those printouts and a gift card that was issued to me days before. How would I know that I would need to do a transaction where I would have needed to return a gift card?

I never would have guessed that there would be so much trouble, where I would not be able to get a replacement phone , where my only recourse would have been to refund!

So we argued back and forth. I told him that this recall supersedes everything and that him trying to block me from my only option which was a refund by requiring all these absurd things like cell phone plan printouts (that he should have been able to print out again from his computer), the original gift card and my receipt was ridiculous, except for my receipt.

So basically, to bring my nightmare to an end, the guy I spoke to at the Verizon store downstairs came to Target looking for me!

He called me and said, “Hey, I was looking for you. I was wondering what was taking you so long. Come on down to the Verizon store and I’ll take care of you. I figured out a way to do it.”

At that moment my eyes lit up and I just bolted out of Target with him and went downstairs to the Verizon store.

Basically, they first took my bad Note 7, issued me a Verizon store card refund. Then they had me purchase a new, good, Note 7 (which I only had to pay a difference of $7). So that’s how my Note 7 recall nightmare came to an end.

I have no clue what I would have done if that Verizon store guy hadn’t come all the way inside Target looking for me. Later on, he told me that the Note 7 he had for me was the last one. That’s why he came looking for me!

If that didn’t happen, I have no clue what would have happened at Target. I’m pretty sure that the printouts the Target rep demanded could have been printed out again. But what would have happened about him demanding a gift card, that he knew was probably already used days before?

I have a feeling that whichever company owns and operates that Target Mobile will be using any tactic to block people from refunding phones. But what excuse would they use about not having new shipments of Note 7’s?

Anyway, I’m just glad I got lucky today. I hope you guys get lucky too.

(I read a few stories about AT&T accepting phones from Target customers. But one guy I met at Target who bought a Note 7 with AT&T said he tried returning his phone at 2 different AT&T stores and they would not do it for him. So I really think this situation is hit or miss. Or maybe a few of these stories are being planted by rival companies. Maybe this Target nonsense is something that may take some type of legal intervention. Especially if they don’t get new Note 7’s for a while, or don’t allow refunds for whatever crazy reasons. )
    That's horrible. Glad it worked out in the end. You should call Target guest relations and tell them this story (800-440-0680)
    09-26-2016 09:02 PM
    which target location?
    Gainesville, FL
    09-26-2016 09:03 PM
    Hey guys! Just called a targrt near me (Sacramento,CA) and they are accepting exchanges! A few locations only got one or two phones. So now im just trying to track down a black phone. They said i needed my receipt and all the accessories and i would be good to go. Let's just hope so! I'll let you know how it goes!
    09-27-2016 02:39 PM
    Hey guys! Just called a targrt near me (Sacramento,CA) and they are accepting exchanges! A few locations only got one or two phones. So now im just trying to track down a black phone. They said i needed my receipt and all the accessories and i would be good to go. Let's just hope so! I'll let you know how it goes!
    Keep us posted! Should be able to turn in just phone without accessories
    09-27-2016 02:43 PM
    The mobile guys at the Target i work for were saying Nov. I messaged Verizon on Twitter expressing my concern abput needing to wait that long. They gave me the address to the nearest corporate store rt 4 in Paramus. I went there today and I asked the associate if they had note 7s in. He said yes and asked if i had my box. I said no. He said hold on nd walked to the back of the store and turned around informing me that he checked *in* back and they were out of stock. He gave me the address of the other corporate store and told me to call them first. Nothing helpful like I'll call for you..
    I was about to give up and my wife said no, let's just try the Paramus rt 17 store.
    We walk in, the greeter said them in stock and took my info.
    The first woman said they were out of stock, I almost cried. Another associate came up and said oh no. We have all colors.
    I explained what happened at Target. She said it wasn't a problem. Normally they couldn't take them back but the corporate stores HAD to because of the recall.
    It took a while because the Target mobile guy messed it up and it was attached to my mother in laws phone number.. but she was able to figure it out.
    She kept the box and the accessories because I didn't have them.
    I had updated Samsung pay so my gift cards came with the new phone.
    My last hurdle is going to be cancelling the insurance on the old phone. That has to go through Target mobile.
    If you go through your Verizon app you can do a search of local stores and filter out authorized dealers.
    09-27-2016 03:01 PM
    That's what I was thinking! Maybe the charger needs to be swapped out too? Oh! I'm also with AT&T. I know a lot of people are struggling with Verizon right now
    09-27-2016 03:48 PM
    That's what I was thinking! Maybe the charger needs to be swapped out too? Oh! I'm also with AT&T. I know a lot of people are struggling with Verizon right now
    The charger does not need to be swapped too, or it would be part of the official recall.
    09-27-2016 06:48 PM
    Tried Tweeting at Target. They told me to check the "updated" recall page. Which literally just says to check with the manufacturer and CPSC. Gee thanks. That told me even less than the store itself.

Since that didn't work, I called Verizon to see if they could just ship a phone to my house, and apparently they couldn't do it because it was after some 14 day thing? I don't see how that matters for a mandatory recall... But he credited my bill for the restocking fee in case I don't get to exchange it before the 30th when Verizon no longer will waive the restocking fee.
    09-27-2016 09:37 PM
    I finally just gave up. I returned the phone to Target for a refund. They messed up my account, so Verizon was expecting me to trade in a device that I couldn't trade in, plus they didn't have the replacement phones in and Verizon did. They said they would need the gift card back, but after over an hour of trying to figure out how to do the return, waiting on hold with their third-party corporate line to get help, and me having to run back to get a receipt that should be in their system, they forgot to ask for the card. They owe me that for messing up my account and taking so long to sell me the phone in the first place, plus the time it took to return it.
    Then, a Verizon corporate store hooked me up with a replacement in about half an hour. Much better. Now if I could just get them to reverse the $199 that they charged for me not trading in my old device. We'll see how that goes. Thanks again, Target Mobile.
    09-27-2016 10:40 PM
    I finally just gave up. I returned the phone to Target for a refund. They messed up my account, so Verizon was expecting me to trade in a device that I couldn't trade in, plus they didn't have the replacement phones in and Verizon did. They said they would need the gift card back, but after over an hour of trying to figure out how to do the return, waiting on hold with their third-party corporate line to get help, and me having to run back to get a receipt that should be in their system, they forgot to ask for the card. They owe me that for messing up my account and taking so long to sell me the phone in the first place, plus the time it took to return it.
    Then, a Verizon corporate store hooked me up with a replacement in about half an hour. Much better. Now if I could just get them to reverse the $199 that they charged for me not trading in my old device. We'll see how that goes. Thanks again, Target Mobile.
    If that ends up being the case for me I will literally laugh in Target's face about the gift card. Since we're now an entire week out of when they were supposed to have them in stock for a mandatory recall, returning the gift card is not my problem when they are giving me no other options except to return the phone.
    09-27-2016 11:41 PM
    All the verizon stores within a 50 mile radius of me don't have any stock of any color according to their website. Who knows when target will get phones. Samsung directly will not help at all. Boy does this suck...
    09-28-2016 08:29 AM
    All the verizon stores within a 50 mile radius of me don't have any stock of any color according to their website. Who knows when target will get phones. Samsung directly will not help at all. Boy does this suck...
    Samsung won't help me either. I called last night and they said there's nothing they can do, it *has* to be through the original point of purchase and to just keep calling Target and they don't know why Target hasn't gotten them. What makes no sense to me, is that when any other manufacturer has a recall, you can always skip over the point of purchase and just deal directly with the manufacturer. If you bought a car from a third party retailer, the manufacturer can't up and say "Oh well sorry, you're out of luck then!" and not take care of the safety issue. So why is Samsung allowed to do that in this case?
    09-28-2016 09:41 AM
    Has anyone tried to do the exchage at a Target other than the one where you originally purchased the Note 7? Is this allowed? My point-of-purchase Target doesn't have them yet and doesn't know when they'll get them (shocker), but I have a couple of other T's I can try.
    09-28-2016 03:13 PM
    Has anyone tried to do the exchage at a Target other than the one where you originally purchased the Note 7? Is this allowed? My point-of-purchase Target doesn't have them yet and doesn't know when they'll get them (shocker), but I have a couple of other T's I can try.
    You can exchange at any Target
    ctychick likes this.
    09-28-2016 04:07 PM
    did target ask for the gift card back?
    Nope
    09-28-2016 07:39 PM
    We should all just report this ridiculousness to CPSA. This recall has been handled horribly by Samsung, the carriers and the retailers
    09-28-2016 08:15 PM
    anyone have DCPI of the new note devices? so we can do an inventory search
    09-29-2016 11:45 AM
    So Target sold the Note 7 i asked them to put on hold for me. They suck! Now none of that targets around me have any phones. And I'm so tired of calling 7 different locations to check the stock and being told "I dont have any Note 7s and i dont know when we will". Is there a way to search for it at the stores? Someone was talking about it being available online?
    09-29-2016 04:49 PM
    anyone have DCPI of the new note devices? so we can do an inventory search
    We have not received any so idk if it's even in the inventory. I can check when I go into work tomorrow.
    09-29-2016 09:32 PM
    Can't you just get ac refund? That's what i did. It was a pia to process but they had no issues actually doing it.
    09-29-2016 10:34 PM
    So Target sold the Note 7 i asked them to put on hold for me. They suck! Now none of that targets around me have any phones. And I'm so tired of calling 7 different locations to check the stock and being told "I dont have any Note 7s and i dont know when we will". Is there a way to search for it at the stores? Someone was talking about it being available online?
    there is a way to check online if we have the DCPI number through this website http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/

my local corporate verizon store stated they are receiving more note 7 devices next week
    09-30-2016 10:13 AM
417 ... 1314151617