10-25-2016 12:07 PM
417 ... 14151617
tools
    I just left a message for CPSC about Target and Samsung. Hopefully they call me back but I'm just still shocked I have this recalled phone in my posession. Cant even charge is over 30%, or it gets wayyyyyy too hot 😖
    09-30-2016 08:20 PM
    Same old same old here today. Neither Target within an hour of me have gotten any phones and no Verizon within 50 miles has any Note 7s. Woo.
    09-30-2016 08:22 PM
    I just left a message for CPSC about Target and Samsung. Hopefully they call me back but I'm just still shocked I have this recalled phone in my posession. Cant even charge is over 30%, or it gets wayyyyyy too hot
    That sucks about your phone. I'm lucky and haven't had any problems with my recalled Note but I'm beyond irritated that I still have it and carriers were selling the exchange phones to new Note owners. Like gee, maybe you should have saved them for the exchanges like you were supposed to?
    09-30-2016 08:26 PM
    That is unbelievable!! I was going to return my phone to target but At&t refused to sell me a Note 7 that they recieved from the recall. I thought they were going to stop selling the phones till all the recalled phones were taken care of. I even gave them the ID number of the phone so they knew it was the recalled version. This whole thing makes me want to never get a samsung phone again... but It's still the best phone out there and I'm no iPhone user😓
    09-30-2016 08:38 PM
    I'm having a conundrum because I purchased my Note 7 in NJ but moved to MT just before the recall was announced.

I've called all over, to which many have said "not my problem " but luckily the manager of the phone section in target in NJ emailed me and stated he would ensure the exchange went smoothly at my nearest Target in MT.

Only problem is mt nearest Target hasn't gotten in the replacements...and they are saying that I lose my $200 trade in credit. I said that can't be correct because I'm sure there would be an uproar from consumers.

They said they would check but that they sell the trade in phones to a 3rd party company that assumes no responsibility...

Anyone else had this problem? NJ target manager hasn't responded.

Also I have a sick teething 2 year old, and to go my nearest Target is a FOUR HOUR trip 😭😭

So I can't afford to go and be turned away, or have issues that can't be solved in store.
    10-01-2016 08:31 PM
    I'm having a conundrum because I purchased my Note 7 in NJ but moved to MT just before the recall was announced.

I've called all over, to which many have said "not my problem " but luckily the manager of the phone section in target in NJ emailed me and stated he would ensure the exchange went smoothly at my nearest Target in MT.

Only problem is mt nearest Target hasn't gotten in the replacements...and they are saying that I lose my $200 trade in credit. I said that can't be correct because I'm sure there would be an uproar from consumers.

They said they would check but that they sell the trade in phones to a 3rd party company that assumes no responsibility...

Anyone else had this problem? NJ target manager hasn't responded.

Also I have a sick teething 2 year old, and to go my nearest Target is a FOUR HOUR trip

So I can't afford to go and be turned away, or have issues that can't be solved in store.
    If Spokane is your nearest..... don't go yet. I have not been able to get ANY answers or support yet. I'm also being told, no idea when they will have them in. Have contacted Samsung and they can't help, Verizon can't help.... so what now??
    10-02-2016 11:18 AM
    can any target employee or anyone find the DPCI number of the new note 7 devices?
    10-03-2016 12:38 PM
    I was able to get one of our 2 needed replacements.... Our Target only rec'd one and the rep told us that he is hoping once they see that one sold they will ship another w/in 5 days......but he could not confirm. Seems the primary problem is the Target Mobile employees are 3rd company, but all the stock comes from Target and the Mobile portion has no way to confirm inventory. The right hand does not talk to the left. Here's hoping he was right and we can get our second one and be done with this!!! Good luck to all.
    10-04-2016 10:03 PM
    I was able to get one of our 2 needed replacements.... Our Target only rec'd one and the rep told us that he is hoping once they see that one sold they will ship another w/in 5 days......but he could not confirm. Seems the primary problem is the Target Mobile employees are 3rd company, but all the stock comes from Target and the Mobile portion has no way to confirm inventory. The right hand does not talk to the left. Here's hoping he was right and we can get our second one and be done with this!!! Good luck to all.
    At least now there's a glimmer of hope that other Targets will get some in! I'm still sitting with my recalled Note. My Target and two corporate Verizons have been out of stock for days at this point.
    10-05-2016 06:11 AM
    what is the DPCI number of the replacement you received? should be on your receipt
    10-05-2016 10:05 AM
    what is the DPCI number of the replacement you received? should be on your receipt
    i found out target stores are now getting replacements

use this website to check local inventory (Target Inventory Checker)

Verizon DPCI:
    255-04-0501 (Silver)
    255-04-0502 (Black)

ATT DPCI:
    255-02-0501 (Silver)
    255-02-0502 (Black)

Sprint DPCI:
    255-08-0501 (Silver)
    10-05-2016 04:05 PM
    255-04-0501 --- hope this helps someone!
    10-05-2016 04:07 PM
    Does anyone have a DPCI for the Sprint model phones? Thanks.

Edit: I think I found it but not 100% sure: 255-08-0501
    10-05-2016 05:15 PM
    i found out target stores are now getting replacements

use this website to check local inventory (Target Inventory Checker)

Verizon DPCI:
    255-04-0501 (Silver)
    255-04-0502 (Black)

ATT DPCI:
    255-02-0501 (Silver)
    255-02-0502 (Black)

Sprint DPCI:
    255-08-0501 (Silver)
    Thank you thank you. Jeez no Target within a 3 hour radius of me has any for Verizon yet.
    10-05-2016 06:05 PM
    Thank you thank you. Jeez no Target within a 3 hour radius of me has any for Verizon yet.
    My local target told me they might get more on Friday

I am trying to help people get new phones
    10-05-2016 07:01 PM
    Is anyone else getting a database error for the inventory checker?

It's working fine for me again Idk what was up before.
    10-07-2016 10:17 AM
    I went to my local target today after they told me on the phone that they had them in stock. After driving in traffic for an hour...turns out they did not. I also got a text from Samsung. "This is Samsung Customer Service. Please contact us at 8552916255 in regards to your recent call to Samsung. If you are no longer in need of assistance. Thank you and have a great day." I called and they said they would do the exchange, but only with a credit card as a hold if you don't return the old phone. I wasn't sure if it was legit or not so I said I would call them back. Has anyone else gotten that text?
    10-07-2016 09:13 PM
    I went to my local target today after they told me on the phone that they had them in stock. After driving in traffic for an hour...turns out they did not. I also got a text from Samsung. "This is Samsung Customer Service. Please contact us at 8552916255 in regards to your recent call to Samsung. If you are no longer in need of assistance. Thank you and have a great day." I called and they said they would do the exchange, but only with a credit card as a hold if you don't return the old phone. I wasn't sure if it was legit or not so I said I would call them back. Has anyone else gotten that text?
    Googled that number and nothing connects it to Samsung.

Kinda iffy!
    10-08-2016 07:30 AM
    Looks like we are all screwed now since AT&T has stopped sales/exchanges of the new "Safe" Note 7!
    10-09-2016 10:08 PM
    Looks like we are all screwed now since AT&T has stopped sales/exchanges of the new "Safe" Note 7!
    Waiting for Verizon to do the same. I just saw a CNBC article that Samsung themselves have officially temporarily halted production. I don't think I'm even going to bother trying to exchange this one until I hear what the new plans are. No point replacing it with a replacement that might also need to be replaced.
    10-09-2016 10:43 PM
    Waiting for Verizon to do the same. I just saw a CNBC article that Samsung themselves have officially temporarily halted production. I don't think I'm even going to bother trying to exchange this one until I hear what the new plans are. No point replacing it with a replacement that might also need to be replaced.
    10-09-2016 10:43 PM
    So i just called samsung after seeing the article about At&t not selling the phone, period and the fact that target has continued to be useless. I recieved a ticket number and apparently Samsung will call me in 5 to 7 days to handle the exchange. Let's see what happens.
    10-10-2016 12:48 AM
    So i just called samsung after seeing the article about At&t not selling the phone, period and the fact that target has continued to be useless. I recieved a ticket number and apparently Samsung will call me in 5 to 7 days to handle the exchange. Let's see what happens.
    don't expect any help from samsung or target. i would do a full refund, i ended up pre ordering the pixel xl
    10-10-2016 11:56 AM
    Hi all, I have some good news. I received a Samsung text to call and exchange my phones directly through them, thereby bypassing the horrible service at Target. The text is below. I called the number there, gave them IMEI numbers and started the exchange process. Hope this helps some of you out!

This is Samsung Customer Service. Please contact us at 855-291-6255 in regards to your recent call to Samsung. Please disregard if you are no longer in need of assistance. Thank you and have a great day.
    10-10-2016 03:32 PM
    I received that text as well, but I contacted Samsung support separately and they said they didn't text me. Did they ask for your credit card info? I was weary it wasn't legit.
    10-10-2016 06:01 PM
417 ... 14151617