10-25-2016 12:07 PM
417 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Went to the Target I bought mine at today. The guy working the target mobile was the area manager not the normal kid. He still had no clue what was going on. He said all refunds or exchanges were to be done straight through Samsung. He even had a number for me to call for Samsung. He said that's what they were all told in an email. He also said they received an email last Wednesday about the recall and to not sell anymore and send the remaining stock back to Samsung. I told him he must have his days mixed up too because the recall was announced Friday not Wednesday. Hee basically said they can't help me and I'm on my own. Target mobile is filled with the most incompetent, frustrating, and useless employees I've ever seen.
    Well that sucks.

We should know more tomorrow but it looks like if you are past the 14 day return window it is hit or miss whether or not you can return for refund to Target.

If you are an AT&T customer, AT&T seems willing to do a return for refund even if you bought through Target. Verizon won't though from all I read.
    09-05-2016 11:18 PM
    Well that sucks.

We should know more tomorrow but it looks like if you are past the 14 day return window it is hit or miss whether or not you can return for refund to Target.

If you are an AT&T customer, AT&T seems willing to do a return for refund even if you bought through Target. Verizon won't though from all I read.
    He also acted like they would not be selling note 7's in the future so exchanging with them is not an option, but we all know that won't be true. He was adamant that all exchanges were done directly with Samsung.
    09-05-2016 11:24 PM
    He also acted like they would not be selling note 7's in the future so exchanging with them is not an option, but we all know that won't be true. He was adamant that all exchanges were done directly with Samsung.
    Obviously MarketSource isn't a very well run company. But in all fairness, the recall has not been well organized to date. There should have been definitive procedures in place by now. They don't have the phones in yet so they can't begin the exchanges, but Samsung should have communicated the procedures to the retailers by now. That obviously hasn't happened yet.

Or if it has, the head offices were off for the holiday so they haven't passed the procedures down the chain to the retail stores.
    09-05-2016 11:34 PM
    I bought mine at Target and stopped by the AT&T store yesterday and was given the option of exchanging the phone there for another Samsung and then, if I wanted, to swap that phone out for the new Note 7s. The guy wasn't anxious for me to take that option but it was out there. He said that I could exchange the phone there (at the AT&T store) when they had them. FWIW.

In defense of Target, when I bought my Note 7 there originally it was probably the most pleasant phone buying experience I've had. The salesperson (whoever they worked for) was competent and friendly. Again, fwiw.
    09-05-2016 11:45 PM
    Where in no? Just curious if we are in the same district. At&t seems to be more on top of this than Verizon.
    09-06-2016 01:00 AM
    Does anyone know a phone number for someone higher up at Target mobile since the people at the store level have no idea what's going on?
    09-06-2016 11:49 AM
    Returned my AT&T Note 7 to Target today. The salesperson read an email about the return process and then called "Target Support" on phone. Since it was past 14 days already, they had to 'reset the date.' They also asked for the $100 gift card back. That caught me by surprise. Process took 20 minutes.

In the end, Note 7 returned.
    09-06-2016 12:55 PM
    that some bs, why are they getting the gift card back if its a company recall?

i will hold on returning it, and contacting samsung directly if they want the gift card back

samsung is taking responsibility and taking the phones back before they have a class action lawsuit

can you exchange for a different color note 7?
    09-06-2016 01:04 PM
    I'm not wasting my time at my target unless I have no other choice. When the new Notes and are in stock, I'll go to my local AT&T and beg for their help 😁
    09-06-2016 04:13 PM
    Anyone on Verizon that bought at Target went to a Verizon store to see what they say?
    ctychick likes this.
    09-06-2016 04:20 PM
    i called verizon store, the CSR stated they would be getting new note 7 on the 30th.

vzw press release stated the return policy would end be extended til 30th, hopefully they extend that date

i also called samsung at 1-800-samsung. they stated new note 7 will be in my carrier, verizon, stock by next week and i can ask for an exchange along with a $25 gift card. i also asked if i could get a new color note 7 and they stated it was up to the carrier to determine that
    09-06-2016 04:32 PM
    Returned my AT&T Note 7 to Target today. The salesperson read an email about the return process and then called "Target Support" on phone. Since it was past 14 days already, they had to 'reset the date.' They also asked for the $100 gift card back. That caught me by surprise. Process took 20 minutes.

In the end, Note 7 returned.
    What would they have done if you didn't have the giftcard anymore? My Target finally said they can take it back but I think I'm going to wait a few days to see when new ones will be coming and with what promotions then decide if I want to just exchange or rebuy.
    09-06-2016 08:44 PM
    Any more updates for people who bought at Target and are past 14 day window? I dont have a backup phone since mine was traded in at Target when i bought the Note 7 and need a phone.

Thanks
    09-07-2016 06:05 AM
    Any more updates for people who bought at Target and are past 14 day window? I dont have a backup phone since mine was traded in at Target when i bought the Note 7 and need a phone.

Thanks
    San boat. Still deciding. I think your choices are a full return or wait for att to get replacements. Or target will exchange for something else.
    09-07-2016 08:18 AM
    I am outside of the 14 day window. I brought my Note 7 back to Target yesterday and they were in the processing of giving me a 7s Edge as a temporary phone until the new Notes come in. Basically, handling just how ATT is handling in their stores. They were processing my return and the store had to call their support desk to discuss it. I spent about 2 hours on the phone with target support and ATT. My problem is that I did a shared upgrade. My son's line was eligible for an upgrade so I just used that to get the Note 7. Now my son's upgrade eligibility has been re-instated but I am not able to share the upgrade anymore and ATT won't do anything about it. I actually was on the phone with Target support and ATT at the same time and ATT was telling me I had to deal with Samsung directly. The Target support person was getting very fired up and basically hung up on ATT and called back to talk to someone else.
    So now the rep at the store is talking to their ATT rep and trying to figure out my upgrade.
    09-07-2016 08:51 AM
    For those that did a full return did you have the box? I no longer have mine.
    09-07-2016 09:11 AM
    From my experience returning to my target, I was told by the Target guest services person (not Target mobile rep), that whatever came with the phone had to be returned. This included the Sim card.... I was annoyed by that part. The target mobile rep was there to confirm that the right phone and all accessories were returned. Then the CSR lady taped up the box to prevent anyone from. Getting in.
    09-07-2016 10:52 AM
    That sucks for some stupid reason I did what I never do and threw out the boxes already. Guess I'm SOL on returning for a refund.
    09-07-2016 10:56 AM
    contact samsung at 1-800-samsung and ask them what you can do
    09-07-2016 10:59 AM
    Anybody else have to give back the giftcard and what if you already used it?
    09-07-2016 11:11 AM
    That sucks for some stupid reason I did what I never do and threw out the boxes already. Guess I'm SOL on returning for a refund.
    You an try going directly to an AT&T store. I'm reading stories of people doing trade ins, even though they got their phone for a different retailer. If one AT&T store doesn't help try some others.

There also maybe be a difference between a corporate run store vs an authorized dealer store. Good luck
    09-07-2016 06:17 PM
    Anybody else have to give back the giftcard and what if you already used it?
    The gift card is processed on a different receipt and it was for pre ordering the phone. Which we did. The return should be a different transaction. Mine are spent since I work at Target and am there everyday.
    I'm not returning the phone out of choice, I'm exchanging it out of necessity from the recall. The gift card isn't even on the receipt. You can challenge it and they will most likely let you keep it.
    09-07-2016 07:26 PM
    I returned my phone during the return period. I was not asked for the gift card back. I was also not charged the additional amount given to me for the guaranteed trade in value. The Target mobile and Target employees were all very helpful while they figured out how to handle the return. I moved the SIM from the Note 7 to my back up phone and told them I did it. The rep called their manager, who said it was okay. I anticipated giving the gift card back and a fight over the SIM card. I was extremely happy it was as easy as it was.

Don't be a hater, but I then went back to Target the next day and purchased an iPhone 6sPlus and received another $200 gift card. That effectively puts me up $100 on the trade, $100 for the first gift card and $200 for the iPhone. That was a deal to good to pass up.
    09-07-2016 08:49 PM
    Returned mine and my wife's Note 7's to Target today. Super simple. Took awhile with them having to call AT&T etc, but really it was no hassle. I was outside the 14-day too. I only had the accessories, not the boxes, but they didn't care. Heck they didn't even look at the accessories, they just threw them in the box for sending back to Samsung. They didn't even ask me about the gift card, and I didn't say anything. Actually had $50 left on one, so after we returned the phones we did some grocery shopping at Target and used the rest of the card.
    09-07-2016 08:50 PM
    Returned mine and my wife's Note 7's to Target today. Super simple. Took awhile with them having to call AT&T etc, but really it was no hassle. I was outside the 14-day too. I only had the accessories, not the boxes, but they didn't care. Heck they didn't even look at the accessories, they just threw them in the box for sending back to Samsung. They didn't even ask me about the gift card, and I didn't say anything. Actually had $50 left on one, so after we returned the phones we did some grocery shopping at Target and used the rest of the card.
    With the new stories of fire and no clarity on when and how I'm going to get a new note 7 I'm beginning to think a return is the best option. Wanted to wait it out but the stories of burns etc are really troubling.
    09-07-2016 09:05 PM
417 ... 45678 ...